Performance of an AMD A10 5750M?

So I'm going to undertake a bit of a conversion of my Samsung 3 series laptop to an AiO which has a mediocre A8 4500M and I'm going to buy an A10 5750M to replace the "meh" APU it has now but I was wondering how much of a performance boost will I see and will it be able to some work in CC and play like GTA V and WoW on medium setting with little stuttering?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

So I'm going to undertake a bit of a conversion of my Samsung 3 series laptop to an AiO which has a mediocre A8 4500M and I'm going to buy an A10 5750M to replace the "meh" APU it has now but I was wondering how much of a performance boost will I see and will it be able to some work in CC and play like GTA V and WoW on medium setting with little stuttering?

You can buy laptop CPU's?!

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

You can buy laptop CPU's?!

Ebay (Amazon also has mobile APUs). I mean so yeah it will be used but on the listing there have been 68 sold and the seller has a good reputation, and if there is a problem ebay has buyer protection if the seller won't accept a return.

I wasn't a huge fan of that CPU, even when paired with a M290x it was very underwhelming. Just doing tasks like watching 1080p Twitch streams the usage would easily get to 85-90%.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

I wasn't a huge fan of that CPU, even when paired with a M290x it was very underwhelming. Just doing tasks like watching 1080p Twitch streams the usage would easily get to 85-90%.

Though relatively better than what I have right now?

Though relatively better than what I have right now?

Just after a quick search it seems like the 5750m is about 25% faster as a CPU, and I would expect about that much improvement on the GPU side as well.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Mobile APUs all suck pretty badly. If your CPU is struggling to do what you want to do right now, then by all means: upgrade. But I don't know if it's worth the price exactly.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Mobile APUs all suck pretty badly. If your CPU is struggling to do what you want to do right now, then by all means: upgrade. But I don't know if it's worth the price exactly.

Well I mean in ETS2 on medium and high it had a hard time doing that so I figure that anything (A10 4xxx+) on the FS1r2 socket will be better.

Well I mean in ETS2 on medium and high it had a hard time doing that so I figure that anything (A10 4xxx+) on the FS1r2 socket will be better.

What is ETS2? I keep seeing people list that they're playing it and I've no idea what it is.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Eurotruck Simulator 2.

Oh okay. I have it but I've not launched it yet, so I had no idea how well/unwell it runs. Good luck I guess. It would likely be better if you got an entirely new system

I have a 3 series that has the A10-4600M in it and the damn thing is a little monster. It won't run newer games on high or anything but it certainly has some punch to it on med-low.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

So I'm going to undertake a bit of a conversion of my Samsung 3 series laptop to an AiO

which has a mediocre A8 4500M and I'm going to buy an A10 5750M to replace the "meh" APU it has now

but I was wondering how much of a performance boost will I see and will it be able to some work in CC

and play like GTA V and WoW on medium setting with little stuttering?

i have the opportunity to use (and test) a laptop apu A10 5750M and is awesome

something cool to know is that the 5750 is a Richland APU

he belongs to the 6000 series (and not to the 5000 series as many think)

tell the true, i love it (and i have a bit of envy of he)  :blush:

still... is very hard change the cpu (or apu) of a laptop friend

are you sure that you can do that ?

- - - - 

game performance, all come to the sp number

you old A8 have 256 sp

and the A10 have 384 sp (128 sp more)

this is the performance win on games friend  ^_^

- - - - 

you old A8 have 256 sp

I'm on my phone so snipping is a little hard but yeah I've pulled out the current apu to get a bit of a closer look at it a couple days ago so yeah I'm sure that I'll be able to do this upgrade and also to the other person who said it would be best to get a new laptop I know but why not use something I already have?

- - - - 

you old A8 have 256 sp

Although I'd like to point out Richland and Trinity are the same silicone Richland is just clocked higher.

And for a lot of Laptops CPU upgrades aren't that hard, unless it's an ultrathin or something a lot of Laptops give you access to the CPU area just by taking a plate off the bottom.