Painted my GTX 970

-ism

Just finished plasti-dipping my GTX 970. It doesn't look too bad, in real life it looks incredibly good, in my opinion. 

Will update this post if I ever get around to fixing it up. A bit of the red can still be seen through the back of the card and there is a weird red glow coming from the back of the LED. Will try and tape the back and see if that gets rid of it.

Enjoy!

YWAXnt2.jpg

eR5LYxt.jpg

Outside pics!

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Looks really fucking sweet!

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Amazing!

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Like Linus' Rampage V Extreme, I'd call that a ten-footer. Not terrible for your first attempt though. My MSI Z97 PC Mate is probably a ten-footer as well, meanwhile my C70 looked damn good close up. It definitely needs some cleaning up, but that's Plasti-Dip for you.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

can i has pls its beautiful

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

sums up my thoughts well. 

Hella nice.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

dude that GPU looks fantastic

the whole build is beautiful. the black motherboard is a nice touch. 

The motherboard was brown before, but I painted it black too ;)

Also for anyone who is thinking about painting the cooler on the MSI Gaming cards, you can remove the plastic shroud without removing the heatsink. However, you can't unplug the LED on the MSI logo. I just put the rest of my card under a box when I painted the plastic part.

Thanks for all the praise guys! :)

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Like Linus' Rampage V Formula, I'd call that a ten-footer. Not terrible for your first attempt though. My MSI Z97 PC Mate is probably a ten-footer as well, meanwhile my C70 looked damn good close up. It definitely needs some cleaning up, but that's Plasti-Dip for you.

I've been considering painting my Military Green C70 to black, was it a hard task for you? Assuming you used Plasti-Dip?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Is it supposed to be white? Looks a little gray, might just be the photo. Looks like it could use a second coating of paint, but looks nice! 

The motherboard was brown before, but I painted it black too ;)

Also for anyone who is thinking about painting the cooler on the MSI Gaming cards, you can remove the plastic shroud without removing the heatsink. However, you can't unplug the LED on the MSI logo. I just put the rest of my card under a box when I painted the plastic part.

Did u paint the motherboard with plasti dip too?

Because wouldn't the plasti-dip layer cause the capacitors and stuff to trap the heat under? 

Not sure, but just a concern i have.

But WOW that MOBO+GPU combo looks SICK

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Why did you put the graphics card in the lowest spot? I would think that that would restrict it from air. 

I've been considering painting my Military Green C70 to black, was it a hard task for you? Assuming you used Plasti-Dip?

It was a bit of a chore, but in the end I didn't really like it. The job came out fine and all, but it started peeling from normal fricton wear and tear. If you don't move your PC around much, you will be fine. You're going to need about four cans though, and it helps to have someone else to help you (luckily, my sister stuck around to help me.)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It was a bit of a chore, but in the end I didn't really like it. The job came out fine and all, but it started peeling from normal fricton wear and tear. If you don't move your PC around much, you will be fine. You're going to need about four cans though, and it helps to have someone else to help you (luckily, my sister stuck around to help me.)

I see, I may try it one day. Thanks for the help.

I see, I may try it one day. Thanks for the help.

No problem :D

Looks great! Did you paint the motherboard too?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Like Linus' Rampage V Formula, I'd call that a ten-footer. 

Came here to say the same thing, haha

Why did you put the graphics card in the lowest spot? I would think that that would restrict it from air. 

To cover up my wifi card. I tried putting it in the top spot and it looked weird imo. Maybe I'm just used to having it in the bottom idk it's been there for a long time :)

Is it supposed to be white? Looks a little gray, might just be the photo. Looks like it could use a second coating of paint, but looks nice! 

Yeah it definitely could use some work, but it's a big improvement over the old red/black look, especially in the H440 with all white & black components. It may look a little gray in the picture, but in real life it looks surprisingly close to my case.  Also, I nearly ran out of plasti-dip as I was also painting a GTX 670 and a motherboard. I'll definitely fix it up maybe on the weekend or sometime :)

To cover up my wifi card. I tried putting it in the top spot and it looked weird imo. Maybe I'm just used to having it in the bottom idk it's been there for a long time :)

Well if your temps are fine then all is well. But that would drive me crazy. 

No backplate? :(

You should give us some pics of the front so we can see better :) nice job!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Please add a photo of it taken out so we can see the card like this

6700_06_msi_geforce_gtx_970_4gb_twin_fro 

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Looks pretty nice but would have been better if you took pictures of it before re-installing it :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

That looks sooooo sick. Im thinking about doing that with a pair of 980's pretty soon actually.