US police are facing storage & cost issue because of body camera

ahhming

It's really not that expensive considering the budget of the United States.

It is not the responsibility of the federal government to finance the local police forces. This falls on the local governments to use local taxes to finance body-cams and other police gear.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

It is not the responsibility of the federal government to finance the local police forces. This falls on the local governments to use local taxes to finance body-cams and other police gear.

Wouldn't be that hard for the federal government to provide that financing.

Considering that fact the government is supposed to be "We the people", it's sort of our right/responsibility to determine what is and is not their responsibility/business.

Or at least that's how it would work if our government wasn't corrupt to the point of being completely and totally illegitimate....as it is now.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Considering that fact the government is supposed to be "We the people", it's sort of our right/responsibility to determine what is and is not their responsibility/business.

Or at least that's how it would work if our government wasn't corrupt to the point of being completely and totally illegitimate....as it is now.

State and local budgets control a lot more about daily lives than most people think. Roads, fire stations, police stations, post offices, waste collection, education. That's generally all done by a combination of state taxes and local taxes (property tax -> education). It leads to overall inequality between different regions due to how vastly different their budgets are set up and what kind of money is there. The problem with putting something like police equipment on the federal budget is that people take issue with "big government" and I guarantee you it devolves into a debate about state's rights more than it does about actually funding the program.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

This is the fundamental problem with modern Americans. They believe that the federal government is "the provider" and that they should manage all sorts of problems. Consider a state such as Maine. They don't have nearly the number of "incidents" with cops but the federal government has to provide the state with millions of dollars they don't need. The federal government needs to be more concerned with war, trade, and economics. I would rather the federal government drop its charity-like assistance money and see the increase in my state taxes to pay for the issues that affect where I live.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

This is the fundamental problem with modern Americans. They believe that the federal government is "the provider" and that they should manage all sorts of problems. Consider a state such as Maine. They don't have nearly the number of "incidents" with cops but the federal government has to provide the state with millions of dollars they don't need. The federal government needs to be more concerned with war, trade, and economics. I would rather the federal government drop its charity-like assistance money and see the increase in my state taxes to pay for the issues that affect where I live.

Oh don't get me wrong, the Federal government doesn't need to solve every problem, I'm saying cut their funding, and keep that funding for the states if anything.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They should probably delete footage unless it is involved in a case as in if they pull someone over only that section is saved. YES that means someone has to be paid to go through each video and edit the boring parts of sitting around eating donuts out. Still it will be a lot of footage.

Video did not save Eric Garner, nor result in his killer being convicted of any crime. I don't see why people are so keen on police body cameras when any civilian would be willing to shoot video of encounters with police for free.

Maintenance cost is incredibly cheap when you are buying parts for domestically-produced vehicle with domestically-produced parts.

Even Soviet TANKS, such as T-54, cost less than maintaining a camera/storage system for cops...  T-54 goes for about 30k usd and add maybe 10k for shipping.

2.6 million could fund multiple actual tanks WITH replacement parts.

but does the police need tanks

but does the police need tanks

No.

That's why they got APC.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Maybe if the police could follow there own rules we wouldn't need them, they did this to themselves lol

I wish they had a 4g wifi access point in every police car so they could stream the cameras online for public, Id love to watch that. (i know this could let criminals be one step ahead :( )

No.

That's why they got APC.

i dont think they need those either

i dont think they need those either

I would like to hear your real thoughts after you get hit with a few bricks on the way to stop a riot.

Military surplus APC is actually cheaper and more useful than cars fitted witg bullet"proof" windows...etc.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I would like to hear your real thoughts after you get hit with a few bricks on the way to stop a riot.

Military surplus APC is actually cheaper and more useful than cars fitted witg bullet"proof" windows...etc.

and the police are required to use them a certain amount of times in a year or else they get confiscated so a recipe for disaster if you ask me 

and the police are required to use them a certain amount of times in a year or else they get confiscated so a recipe for disaster if you ask me

How much time?

Do tell how a vehicle with just thicker skin than regular cars, similar to what bank uses to transport money, is a recipe for disaster?

Maybe some idiot will crash his car into it and die? Blame armour for being too hard? 7.8/10, too much armour-ign.

How much time?

Do tell how a vehicle with just thicker skin than regular cars, similar to what bank uses to transport money, is a recipe for disaster?

Maybe some idiot will crash his car into it and die? Blame armour for being too hard? 7.8/10, too much armour-ign.

them being required to use it meaning they will using it for the smallest things. you ran a traffic light well you did it on the wrong day its the day the cops are required to use the APC so they are coming to run you down. it might seem funny but considering cops just shot some guy for running a stop sign i wouldnt be surprised

them being required to use it meaning they will using it for the smallest things. you ran a traffic light well you did it on the wrong day its the day the cops are required to use the APC so they are coming to run you down. it might seem funny but considering cops just shot some guy for running a stop sign i wouldnt be surprised

How much TIME?

HOW does "cops just shot some guy for running a stop sign " have ANYTHING to do with APC?

For the last time; they are just more armoured cars.  They don't have 105mm-120mm "anti-riot" weapons mounted on top; they don't even mount S-mine that would kill anyone trying to climb on...

Unless you got ran OVER by APC; it makes no difference what the cops chase you with.  That is, assuming you were not bullshitting about them having to use it for car chase.

How much TIME?

HOW does "cops just shot some guy for running a stop sign " have ANYTHING to do with APC?

For the last time; they are just more armoured cars.  They don't have 105mm-120mm "anti-riot" weapons mounted on top; they don't even mount S-mine that would kill anyone trying to climb on...

Unless you got ran OVER by APC; it makes no difference what the cops chase you with.  That is, assuming you were not bullshitting about them having to use it for car chase.

cops shooting someone for running a stop sign shows they are not above being unreasonable. its not just APCs its disturbing how police are become militarized 

How much TIME?

Also of note:

I just checked around a half dozen modern AFV's (Armoured Fighting Vehicles) which are your most common forms of APC's. They all pretty much top out at 100 KM/h... That's 62 MPH for you American folk. That's not gonna catch anything in a car chase. My VW Jetta can easily go double that speed.

Soooo yeah. I wouldn't be too worried about cops using APC's to chase speeders. That would be ineffective and just plain stupid. Maybe to be used as mobile road blocks? Sure. But not to chase speeders.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Also of note:

I just checked around a half dozen modern AFV's (Armoured Fighting Vehicles) which are your most common forms of APC's. They all pretty much top out at 100 KM/h... That's 62 MPH for you American folk. That's not gonna catch anything in a car chase. My VW Jetta can easily go double that speed.

Soooo yeah. I wouldn't be too worried about cops using APC's to chase speeders. That would be ineffective and just plain stupid. Maybe to be used as mobile road blocks? Sure. But not to chase speeders.

most apcs are just like swat vans, just slower and cheaper

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

most apcs are just like swat vans, just slower and cheaper

That's kinda my point. The guy was ranting about how if we allow police to buy stuff like APC's, then they are gonna chase speeders with them, or other such ridiculous nonsense.

If one disagrees with Police buying military technology, then fine, but at least come up with actual good, factual, and logical arguments as to why.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That's kinda my point. The guy was ranting about how if we allow police to buy stuff like APC's, then they are gonna chase speeders with them, or other such ridiculous nonsense.

If one disagrees with Police buying military technology, then fine, but at least come up with actual good, factual, and logical arguments as to why.

i was agreeing with you, id rather some mil-surplus go to the police force than a scrap heap.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

i was agreeing with you, id rather some mil-surplus go to the police force than a scrap heap.

Agreed. At least that stuff is built to last, with (relatively) easy maintenance, because you still need your APC to run in the middle of a battlefield when you don't have a high-end mechanic shop nearby.

Also of note:

I was saving that for later.

I agree that most of the old retired APC(such as M113) are retired because they are too slow to keep up with modern tanks.

But AFV could also include tanks.  APC are form of AFV, which includes APC, MBT, IFV...etc.

cops shooting someone for running a stop sign shows they are not above being unreasonable. its not just APCs its disturbing how police are become militarized 

I like to see where you find cops shooting someone running stop sign.

Post source.

I like to see where you find cops shooting someone running stop sign.

Post source.

There is no source for bullshit.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.