Launching March 1st: Samsung S6 and S6 Edge - bent on both sides screen

X-Mass

Looks like unbox therapy may be testing the bend capability of the new S6 soon

Image of S6 http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/150617-thumb/s6-h13.jpg

This was first released over a month ago but

http://bgr.com/2015/02/05/galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6-images-verus/

or for more recent data

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-rumor-round-up-specs-features-price-release-date-and-all-we-know-so-far_id63251

http://www.phonearena.com/news/More-details-around-the-Galaxy-S6-Edges-screen-and-design-emerge_id65690

and

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/02/06/exclusive-some-details-you-didnt-know-about-the-galaxy-s6-and-galaxy-s6-edge/

We have exclusively confirmed it before, and a leak earlier today has reiterated the fact that the phone will have an Edge screen on both sides. According to our insider, the Edge screens will be 30 to 50 percent less curved than the Edge display on the Galaxy Note Edge, because of the smaller size of the handset and because of the volume and power buttons on the sides, and both curves will be completely uniform.

Now, about a few elements of the design of the two devices. As we’ve seen on devices like the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 4, the camera module on both the S6 and S6 Edge will have the same color as the color of the phone itself (Samsung will be offering four different color choices). Also, both the back and front of the device will exactly the same color – that means both sides will have the same finish, a good hint that we’re looking at an all-metal (and possibly glass) design.

All in all, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge will bring a marked change to the established order of Samsung’s flagship Android smartphones, as the company looks at reversing the downward trend it has seen both in consumer interest and in operating profits. It won’t be long before the two handsets are made official, and judging by how everything is shaping up to be, we have a feeling this iteration of Samsung’s UNPACKED event will be the best we have ever seen.

and http://www.sammobile.com/2015/02/06/galaxy-s6-and-dual-edge-galaxy-edge-shown-off-in-leaked-images/

A metallic rim on the devices is visible too, as well as a protruding camera module that supports yesterday’s leak suggesting the Galaxy S6 will be a considerably thin device (6.91mm). Next to the camera module are the heart rate sensor and LED flash, a recurring theme in all the pictures that have made their way to the internet. Sadly, the front of the device is hidden away, and it’s likely its true form will be kept under wraps until the day of the Galaxy S6′s official announcement on the first day of March.

Having the screen wrap around on both sides sounds like a bad idea. Very little drop protection and you won't have anywhere to put your hands.

I hope those pictures are accurate. The heart rate sensor/flash keeps changing positions so I don't think this is the final design. It looks very much like the Note 4 which personally I think is very nice.

I like the separate volume up/down buttons as well. But for the love of God, please don't take away the removable battery and back.

i hope the S6 mini comes out soon because my hands are way too small for anything bigger than 4.5" or at most 4.7".I really wish one of the big phone (not apple their products are too expensive for me *cries*) makers would make smaller devices with flagship-like specs.

Having the screen wrap around on both sides sounds like a bad idea. Very little drop protection and you won't have anywhere to put your hands.

I hope those pictures are accurate. The heart rate sensor/flash keeps changing positions so I don't think this is the final design. It looks very much like the Note 4 which personally I think is very nice.

I like the separate volume up/down buttons as well. But for the love of God, please don't take away the removable battery and back.

Curious, do you actually swap batteries?

Samsung went from making a cutting edge device unique to the brand, to cloning Apple. All of this, after mocking them about the 6+ bend fiasco.. *smh*

I'd say the first company to have a screen on the edge like that is pretty unique.

i hope the S6 mini comes out soon because my hands are way too small for anything bigger than 4.5" or at most 4.7".I really wish one of the big phone (not apple their products are too expensive for me *cries*) makers would make smaller devices with flagship-like specs.

Sounds like you need a Sony Z3 Compact.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Sounds like you need a Sony Z3 Compact.

yea i looked at it and it looks good but i don't like that sony has no "buttons" only those on screen icons. Still probably what i am gonna go for or the z4 compact once it is released

yea i looked at it and it looks good but i don't like that sony has no "buttons" only those on screen icons. Still probably what i am gonna go for or the z4 compact once it is released

The OS is designed not to use them...why would you want buttons anyway?

Only two companies are still stuck with them. Apple and Samsung.

I think the Z4c might see an increase in screen size.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The OS is designed not to use them...why would you want buttons anyway?

Only two companies are still stuck with them. Apple and Samsung.

it's something i got accustomed to and find easier to use

think the Z4c might see an increase in screen size.

maybe, if that should be the case if it goes above gonna stick to the z3c

I don't do battery swaps when I run out of battery (I charge it every night and usually have access to chargers during the day) but I have had batteries replaced.

My mom's SGS 2 battery broke (started swelling and got terrible battery life) so she bought a new one. Started happening a few months after she dropped it into our dogs' water bowl...

My brother's battery got worn out and he bought a new one, instantly much better battery life even though it was the same battery (only brand new and therefore not worn out).

I sent my phone in for repair recently (didn't recognize any SIM card anymore) and they changed the battery for free. I have noticed quite a bit better battery life since then actually. I have about 15% more battery life left at the end of the day than I used to.

So while I don't swap batteries on a daily basis, I like that I can inexpensively replace it because they do get worn out, and sometimes they do break.

The non-removable battery was thought to be the reason why HTC didn't include Qualcomm Quick Charge on the HTC One M7 (didn't want the battery to wear out since it wasn't user replaceable).

That bent metal back in the leak does match the promo materials Samsung released for their next event.

Not sure if I'm a fan of the design (much prefer the leaked M9 photos) but I'll see upon official release. 

Agree with the reomvable battery. If Samsung removes that on the S6 or the Note 5 i will NOT be buying it.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I do whenever I have to. I'd rather carry a charged battery and not a bulky external charger. I'm sure you heard Linus whine about micro usb connectors on the WAN show, before. His break when he's not careful while using his external chargers. He said so himself. Fuck that. Also, charging a phone isn't really practical, when you're used to carrying it in your front pocket.

Also:

- Batteries can wear out and many are on a 2 year contract. I have used the same phone for almost 4 years now. Still waiting for something good to hit the market.

- Hand me downs. My mom usually uses my dad's old phone for another two years. Good to have a fresh battery for her.

- Custom roms. Ever flashed one that crapped out on you and forced you to power down your phone? Happened to me quite a few times, but without XDA, I would still be on Froyo, since HTC flat out refused to update their one year old flagship, at the time.

- If you drop your phone in water, then take out the battery, let it dry and hope for the best. Can't do that with most modern phones.

- There's no reason for not having a removeable battery. It's doable with unibody designs. All it takes is a hinge, two screws or rare earth magnets and it wouldn't look worse than a sim card tray.

Fact is, companies don't want you to be able to swap out batteries, because it's the best way for them to get you to waste money on their latest thing. Planned obsolescence for people with more money than brains.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.