Lara Croft to Travel to Siberia in Rise of the Tomb Raider

iHammmy
reveal, some details have emerged about the follow-up to 2013′s reboot of the long-running series.

Where Tomb Raider took place all on one island and was somewhat constrained aesthetically by that setting, Rise of the Tomb Raider will take place over at least two locations, with one being Siberia, where Lara Croft is searching for an ancient city.

It sounds like the game is deepening many of the systems the first hinted at, as well. Hunting animals will hopefully not just be a matter of achievements this time around. Animals have more detailed AI and have habits based on climate and time of day. Crafting will play a role as well.

Perhaps most importantly, the Xbox 360 version of the game is being handled – like Forza Horizon 2 last year – by a different developer than the Xbox One version, allowing Crystal Dynamics to focus on making a game for the current generation without worrying about making it fit into the previous one.

Rise of the Tomb Raider hits Xbox One and Xbox 360 this holiday season and, while no other versions have been announced officially, it’s expected to hit other platforms later on.

IM SO EXCITED! :D:D ;D

Source:

It seems impossible until it's done.

Seems pretty legit, will be very interested.

Maybe I'll even get a Tomb Raider this year, after years of not getting it.

A shame it is still being released on the 360 though.. Even though other devs are working on it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Seems pretty legit, will be very interested.

Maybe I'll even get a Tomb Raider this year, after years of not getting it.

A shame it is still being released on the 360 though.. Even though other devs are working on it

I'm currently playing Tomb Raider and it's amazing! I'm only half way through after 13 hours of gameplay time :)

It seems impossible until it's done.

I'm currently playing Tomb Raider and it's amazing! I'm only half way through after 13 hours of gameplay time :)

I just heard it is 80% off too on Steam :P

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Perhaps most importantly, the Xbox 360 version of the game is being handled – like Forza Horizon 2 last year – by a different developer than the Xbox One version, allowing Crystal Dynamics to focus on making a game for the current generation without worrying about making it fit into the previous one.

It should be noted that the team working on the 360 build is Squeenix's resident PC Dev, doing the work for Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex: HR and Theif

The good thing is that means they are working on the project, so it might mean the PC port is being worked on by them

Bad thing is they are preoccupied with the 360 build, but they did the PS3 build on Tomb Raider 2013, so its nothing new

Whats wrong with continuing to support older hardware

i bet people would be mad here if games only ran on the current gen GPU and Windows 10

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

As much as it pains me to say it, this probably does not belong in the PC Gaming forum. :(

Why not? Its coming to PC just delayed.

It is a third party game that MS paid to keep from their own paying OS customers. Trust me. We are still pissed and there is no way in hell I am buying their console to play the game early when they screw over my favorite gaming platform that I pay them money to game on. All that does is support them screwing me over and bolsters their insane assumption that this crap will make PC Gamers buy their console.

The next time I want to hear about Rise of the Tomb Raider is when MS gets down on their knees and kisses PC Gamers ass and tells them they will stop doing this with third party games immediately and Tomb Raider will be released on PC the day it is released on Xbox One. 

Oh and one more thing. The PC version better not have the "next gen" face. They can keep derp Lara on consoles.

tomb-raider-definitve-edition.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

It should be noted that the team working on the 360 build is Squeenix's resident PC Dev, doing the work for Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex: HR and Theif

The good thing is that means they are working on the project, so it might mean the PC port is being worked on by them

Bad thing is they are preoccupied with the 360 build, but they did the PS3 build on Tomb Raider 2013, so its nothing new

Whats wrong with continuing to support older hardware

i bet people would be mad here if games only ran on the current gen GPU and Windows 10

Because devs should stop supporting old hardware IMO.

That's why you buy a new console, because it is suppose to be better..

Until it comes to the PC, I don't care. Also, it'll inevitably be a terrible port when and if it does arrive on PC, so I've pretty much abandoned all hope for what was one of my most anticipated games of all time.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I was mostly just trying to express my depression at where this series is going, rather than trying to backseat mod.. but since you said so, is it actually confirmed that it is coming to PC? Last I heard, Phil Spencer had grudgingly admitted it was a timed exclusivity deal, but who knows what that means with Microsoft publishing it. For all we know right now, he was just hinting at an iOS tie-in. :P

I'm very, very worried Microsoft is trying to do to Tomb Raider what they did to Halo years ago. They may be trying to acquire a third-person action/adventure franchise that can compete directly with Uncharted. If so, it might be awhile before we even get another Tomb Raider game for PC, to say nothing of how the quality may suffer even if we do get it.

A shame they have it on timed release. A real big shame. By the time it hits other platforms I will not be getting for how they treated other platform users.

So screw them. They sided with the Devil and they can burn with their giant bags of money.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |