League of Legends arrives in Oceania

Dim

Not sure how many LoL players we have on these forums, but LoL has now officially released Oceania servers. Furthermore, there will apparently be a LoL tournament for PAX in Melbourne this July 6-14.

Major benefits of these servers will be:

- Better ping for Oceania, particularly Australian members

- International Domination

List of things to do:

- Play copious amounts of TF and Lee with low ping

- Not complain about NA trolls

- Complain about enormous queue lengths

- Complain some more about enormous queue lengths

For more information, visit here.

I for one may be downloading and installing again to get back on my level 29 summoner and finish what I started back in season one :)

Well, took them long enough to open new servers. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Well, took them long enough to open new servers. 

Far too long - although it is a good thing the transfer from NA to Oceania is free, otherwise I would be mad lol

So glad this will be happening. They are also giving away Ziggs with a skin with it I understand. Just updating my LOL now to see if it worked

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz With Thermaltake C5 Push/Pull | 8Gb G.Skill Trident series @1600mhz Msi Z87A-G45 Gaming Edition | ASUS GTX 770 GPU | Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W | Samsung 840pro 128gb SSD | WD Green 2Tb |  2X 23" Philips M4238C1CWWT (IPS & Thin Bezel) Monitors

I guess it's pretty nice stuff. What servers do Australian players usually play on though? I would have thought the Asian servers would have been better.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

They should have opened those servers way earlier..... just look at Dota 2 and number of servers.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

About time, been finding the opponents more difficult to battle though compared to NA servers.

Good Morning...

They should have opened those servers way earlier..... just look at Dota 2 and number of servers.

But then again DOTA 2 has Valve covering their back, they already have a huge network of servers, contracts and all that cash. 

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

I guess it's pretty nice stuff. What servers do Australian players usually play on though? I would have thought the Asian servers would have been better.

Most Australians play on NA, and get a ping of between 150-200ms.

The reason for playing on NA over Europe/Asia is because NA has low queue times in comparison.

But then again DOTA 2 has Valve covering their back, they already have a huge network of servers, contracts and all that cash. 

Thing is they had around 30 milion users or something (LoL).

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Generally on NA server. My ping was around 250 and is now 70 on Oceania(both approx), One of the main reasons is language over the Asian server, makes it easier to communicate and potentially skype who you are playing with, where as in asia it is not as likely that they will speak english. That as well as the fact everyone one of my mates was on NA, so it wasn't a hard decision.

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz With Thermaltake C5 Push/Pull | 8Gb G.Skill Trident series @1600mhz Msi Z87A-G45 Gaming Edition | ASUS GTX 770 GPU | Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W | Samsung 840pro 128gb SSD | WD Green 2Tb |  2X 23" Philips M4238C1CWWT (IPS & Thin Bezel) Monitors

Well i transferred my Level 5 Smurf in Oceania to play there whenever NA is down. I don't live in Australia but i live in South East Asia which is close to the Server and my average ping in NA is like 260-350 and on Oceania my ping is 180-220. I quite find the players friendly at the server and never seen a toxic player yet :) 

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

Well i transferred my Level 5 Smurf in Oceania to play there whenever NA is down. I don't live in Australia but i live in South East Asia which is close to the Server and my average ping in NA is like 260-350 and on Oceania my ping is 180-220. I quite find the players friendly at the server and never seen a toxic player yet :)

Nearly every match in EU has  a toxic player.

You clearly don't understand how much money RIOT throw at LoL