28Tbps Fiber

Cloudman

im on an 800k down, 200k up connection for about $50/mo. And since the local is so expensive, the ISP's like Time Warner who have the good bandwidth jack the prices way up.

That kind of connection would be pretty cool though

~Judah

Haha Belgium is better than the US! :D

My ISP has just upgraded their pack this week, "slowest" pack is now 60 Mbps :D

I am on 120 Mbps :D

Here in germany i could get a 300mbps one.. so basically ~30mb/s..

I bought 100mbps, but i do recieve only 30mbps../* Ironic mode on */ thanks to Unitymedia.. great guys srsly /* Ironic mode off */

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

This topic is getting interesting. Personally I pay $30 USD a month for a 30Mb/s download 1Mb/s upload using cable. I have Fiber in my neighbor hood but it is through Verizon (Fios). They offer 50/25 for 45 dollars a month. I'll be making the switch within the next year.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Going back to the original post a bit, that 28Tbps undersea fiber is, as some people have already mentioned the backbone of the global network we like to call Internet :)

It's not the bandwidth of the ISP backbone, it's usually a 3rd party controlled link that has to be shared by the every data stream that needs to cross an ocean.

You can look at it as a country or even a continental link that connects the world as we known it.

You can take a look at this link just to have an idea of cable runs we have around the globe:

http://www.submarinecablemap.com/

Won't ever come to US. We'll be stuck with dial up and less than 100 Mbps speeds . . . . .

Really... Really... You are complaining about 100 Mbps speed. You people are really ungrateful. Here in South Africa you pay $70/m for a 100Kbps connection... Yes the data is unlimited but you can't get far with that speed...

\

Here in germany i could get a 300mbps one.. so basically ~30mb/s..

I bought 100mbps, but i do recieve only 30mbps../* Ironic mode on */ thanks to Unitymedia.. great guys srsly /* Ironic mode off */

Is it cable?

I get between 110 and 130, depending on the hour (cable is sensitive to more/less traffic)

Can't complain :-)

Proud to be from Belgium.

Haha Belgium is better than the US! :D

My ISP has just upgraded their pack this week, "slowest" pack is now 60 Mbps :D

I am on 120 Mbps :D

Haha The netherlands is better than Belgium..

We have Faire use policy and no data limits :P

P.s. i have 150 download and 15 upload ;). (which is normal for an cable provider with a Docsis 3 modem)

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

P.s. i have 150 download and 15 upload ;). (which is normal for an cable provider with a Docsis 3 modem)

Doesn't a fair use policy basically give your ISP the right to throttle your speed if you use a lot of bandwidth? So much for no data limits... At least that's the way it was with my old ISP, I'd get throttled once I hit the daily limit of 525MB.

They are experimenting with gigabit internet for the home here in my City.

They plan to roll out to the entire city by mid-2014 and 2015 for the whole county as they already have the infrastructure in place.

Doesn't a fair use policy basically give your ISP the right to throttle your speed if you use a lot of bandwidth? So much for no data limits... At least that's the way it was with my old ISP, I'd get throttled once I hit the daily limit of 525MB.

Here a fair use policy, kinda means unlimited ;)

I can download a few TB a month and would have no complaints.

I download maximum bandwidth when possible (with torrents and usenet) there is no throttle-ing...

I'm not in the USA or something ;) :P

Short answer: Beats me, they don't do what you say.. ;)

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

So do we ... No data limits but a fair use policy.

If you download at the non-peek times (such as from 10am - 4 pm), you can download an easy 400 gigs/month.

Not that I need it, I only average about 100gig a month :-)

And btw, how much do you pay?

for internet, television and telephone?

I only pay 63.50 euro a month for ALL of it.

That will make cloud gaming even more advanced. One step at a time.

Telecoms holding back some serious cloud computing potential.

Is it cable?

I get between 110 and 130, depending on the hour (cable is sensitive to more/less traffic)

Can't complain :-)

setup:

Cable to our Fritzbox 6320 Cable V2 -> Netgear D3800 -> WLAN -> My PC, becuase the FB wlan is horrible, and i cant put lan calbes across the house (simply not possible) considering that i have a connection rate of 300mbps and a signal strength of 97% to the Netgear router, which is directly running of the Fritzbox's LAN Im getting more like 30-32mbps through WLAN, even though my connection is more then excellent... (using a tripple antenna dual band PCI-E Wlan expansion card from TPLink (basically a awesome product)

its like, when a pc is directly attached to the FB the pc gets 100-110mbps, but if anything else is connected, it stops it out, and only transferes bout 30mbps.. pretty wired this Unitymedia shit..

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

setup:

Cable to our Fritzbox 6320 Cable V2 -> Netgear D3800 -> WLAN -> My PC, becuase the FB wlan is horrible, and i cant put lan calbes across the house (simply not possible) considering that i have a connection rate of 300mbps and a signal strength of 97% to the Netgear router, which is directly running of the Fritzbox's LAN Im getting more like 30-32mbps through WLAN, even though my connection is more then excellent... (using a tripple antenna dual band PCI-E Wlan expansion card from TPLink (basically a awesome product)

its like, when a pc is directly attached to the FB the pc gets 100-110mbps, but if anything else is connected, it stops it out, and only transferes bout 30mbps.. pretty wired this Unitymedia shit..

my setup is like this:

Telenet Modem/router combination => gigabit switch A => gigabit switch B=> wlan accespoint/switch combo => pc (via utp)

A => settopbox (for the interactive digital tv), xbox360, parents' pc and dockingstation from my dad's laptop

B => 2 settopboxes for the tv, ps3, smart tv

accespoint => galaxy s3, galaxy tab 2, ipad, htc hd2, galaxy s2, my laptop and my brother's laptop

Wlan in my pc-room is on my cellphone (don't have wifi on my pc) an average 45 mbps, measured with speedtest application for android :-)

Damn, I've got many network devices at home :-D

• 3 weeks later...

My ISP's FASTEST package is 6Mb down 1.5Mb up, and its $80.

I live in Idaho, btw. Cant wait until we have nationwide fiber...

~Judah