Realized I never fully inserted the headphone jack...

I got a pair of ATH-M50X for last Christmas. After using it for the first time, I was kinda let down by the disappointing results due to not sounding that great as it was in an audio store. Then, the audio jack kept slipping out of the port all the time, and I blamed both the jack and port. It was quite frustrating, also I felt I was listening to a 25$ headphone instead to a 150$ one, and I considered to almost return it. 

But just today, I was thinking about how much of a pain it would be to hook up external speakers, and then I came into conclusion I never pushed the damn headphone jack hard enough into the port!

It is really a night and day difference hearing the full potential of the M50's after finally figuring it out.

Did anyone also have this happened to you?

GG bro

No, never happened to me, I know how to stick stuff in all the way

@AlwaysFSX

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Conclusion: We should start pushing things harder in their holes

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Haha ya this has happened to me multiple times before. When i would listen to something with the headphone cable not plugged in fully the headphones would sound all fuzzy and distorted. It's always a relief when you plug it in fully and it sounds so much better.

I see what you did there..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

When I got my new Y50, i tried plugging in my headphones (with in-line mic so it has a 4 pole plug) to listen some music. The jack wouldn't insert all the way so I thought that the advertised combo jack might only be a headphone jack. Turns out a lot of force is required to break in that headphone jack, because with a lot force I was able to push the jack all the way in. 

Remember to always insert with great force for maximum performance.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

My M50s don't plug into my Fractal R4's front panel jack properly, always pops out

And you plugged the $25 pair in correctly?

Yes, I did, but the jack was smoother and didn't need to lock in.

(Actually, my only previous pair was 12$, and the quality was very shitty, both sides of the band broke)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hahahaha, this was a good thread, thoroughly enjoyed it. :P

I like your honesty too, OP

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

SO much truth in this statement.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

You're not alone.

Years ago, I had a Turtle Beach X12.  I accidentally put the headphone plug in the mic jack, and the mic plug in the headphone jack.  The result was a working mic, but the in-line had no effect on volume, and the volume itself was deathly quiet.

[witty signature]