What should I review next?

Review/Test this german 0dB Case/PC. https://www.silentmaxx.de/lautlose-PC/passive/leise-PC/?force_sid=vr46uin1hd7a3ck66d63g1c6mo

"The fascination of a silent high-performance PC is only possible thanks to the cooling concept from silentmaxx®. The unique silentmaxx® Fanless Heatpipe Cooling System (FHPCS) provides silent, inaudible and perfect cooling that silentmaxx® has mastered for over 12 years. Even at full load, the temperature hardly rises! The components, the CPU and graphics card remain optimally cooled! Inaudible, powerful and maintenance-free (no coolant, no filter or fan change required)."

Please review the Samsung LC49RG90SSNXZA. This monitor appears to check every box I have but for some reason there's hardly any information online about it, despite being announced 8 months ago, and Samsung only lists three retailers. I was shocked that BestBuy didn't carry this monitor. Would love to see what Linus thinks of it and learn why it has almost no attention. It's like Samsung quietly dropped this monitor and nobody noticed?

Sorry if posting in the wrong place but here goes my suggestions for new videos! Recent subscriber and as a former geek who now wears a suit for living this is great for updating me on what has gone over the past decade in consumer computers.  Love the channel.

1.  What to do right after you turn on your new computer.  Basically, favorite way to configure to get reasonably good performance, best (free and paid) apps, how to "integrate" it into the rest of your setup.  Not necessarily for power users so much as experienced computer users who do something else for a living besides computers.  For example, at my office, a new PC means configuring windows (I seem to be just using the same login across Win10 (good idea?); removing any bloatware (any tips here or suggested programs.  these days things seem to hide all over including the MS/win store and unsure what can/cannot be safely removed); installing Dropbox and syncing (anything better?  I'm paying for Dropbox now and haven't shopped in years)... LibreOffice (changed from OpenOffice recently)... install the ISP provided antivirus... and that is basically it.  Sure there could be more to do.

2.  How to configure for biz and fun.  A lot of us use home office systems for critical business purposes.... but would also like to have fun on the machines too or let Grandma use it occasionally.  How to best get your rig ready for dual use.  A quick way to hide my Dropbox (or whatever) share and apps/data and then make it more of a "guest" or "fun" machine.  I personally find the windows login options to be limited and disappointing when it comes to this but don't know any alternatives.

3.  Intro to bitcoin and other cryptocurrency as well as other payment systems.   Not for mining (I understand that this is not for casual user anymore) but rather just here are reputable apps, ways to do it to avoid being ripped off and get your toes wet.  There are business people out there and more and more we are approached about bitcoin, venmo, etc. etc. and a lot of us don't know really what all of this is as we really just barely understand taking credit/debit cards.

4.  Monitor systems (including mount or stands) when you can't put a hole in the wall or have limited desk space.  That about sums it up.  There has got to be people with smaller spaces out there who could use some advice about how to run multiple monitors in efficient ways.

How about the $200-300 1080p LED projectors that have been popping up on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-Projector-Compatible-PowerPoint-Presentation/dp/B07NBNCNLM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=1080p+led+projector+native+1080p&qid=1566655801&s=gateway&sprefix=1080p+led&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Projector-GuDee-PowerPoint-Presentation-Compatible/dp/B07SM6QPGX/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=1080p+led+projector+native+1080p&qid=1566655801&s=gateway&smid=A34G0J5TGLU0CA&sprefix=1080p+led&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Projector-CiBest-Business-Presentations-Compatible/dp/B07SNWLVZJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?keywords=1080p+led+projector+native+1080p&qid=1566655801&s=gateway&smid=A2FZT9RI8NGBK2&sprefix=1080p+led&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/WiMiUS-P20-±50°Digital-Entertainment-Presentation/dp/B07QJX6VMS/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?keywords=1080p+led+projector+native+1080p&qid=1566655801&s=gateway&sprefix=1080p+led&sr=8-7

https://www.amazon.com/Projector-XINDA-±50°Keystone-Correction-Smartphone/dp/B07T245ZP3/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?keywords=1080p+led+projector+native+1080p&qid=1566655801&s=gateway&smid=AR4E71ACHYXU4&sprefix=1080p+led&sr=8-13

• 2 weeks later...

Build a machine that gets the best SETI@HOME/BOINC score for one week vs. all other published stats.

If we're being totally honest, I really want a review of a pimped out 2012 Mac pro. I still want one.

Since that will never happen, I'd like the higher end Macbook pros reviewed since LTT has only looked at the lower end pro models.

Finally, I'd like Linus to review my CV so I can immigrate to Canada and not have to live in constant fear of when my degenerative disc disease will steal my ability to walk away.

乇乂丅尺卂 丅卄工匚匚

Can you review a workstation arm kind of like one in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LepvePMLUnE

Not sure how easy that thing is to get. I'm interested in a setup with no desk and just arms. I remember you had made a custom desk before so I hope something like this is interesting to you guys

Edited by Kon Tent

• 4 months later...

Can you review the illegear Onyx Pro, a laptop brand from Malaysia? It can go up to RTX 2070 and is claimed to be 1.55kg onlyspacer.png

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2015 at 9:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Hi LinusI'm from Bangladesh.. You're my most favourite YouTube person ever!

I've been following you since 2013 but I never joined in your forum unless today.. 

The main reason I joined today is I want to request for a video.. 

Can you please make a physical speed comparison video between SDRAM (sdram DRR4) vs LPDDR SDRAM ( sdram LPDDR5).. 

Please please please brother! I want know the practical difference between two variants of DRAM. Because the information about lpddr4 or 5 is so confusing there in Google.. It's a humble request..

Sorry for my bad English.. Best regards!

On 2/4/2020 at 8:46 AM, ShootingKill said:

Can you review the illegear Onyx Pro, a laptop brand from Malaysia? It can go up to RTX 2070 and is claimed to be 1.55kg onlyspacer.png

He kinda did. That laptop and other nearly-identical ones made by Eluktronics (MAG-15), Maingear (Element), Aftershock (Vapor 15), Schenker (XMG Fusion 15) are all based off the same reference design by Intel.

LTT showcase & Notebookcheck review:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-Fusion-15-in-Review-Intel-s-reference-design-challenges-the-competition.435952.0.html#toc-energy-management

• 1 month later...

Not a specific product and too involved for a TechQuickie but what I'd really like to see is a proper, objective look at PCIe 4.0.

Personally I think it's little more than a marketing gimmick with extremely limited real-world applications (how many people really need more sequential throughput than a PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD can provide?!). AMD have pushed it so hard that, in many peoples' eyes, it seems like a must-have feature and a major reason for choosing AMD over Intel at the moment. For all the talk of Intel shilling in the industry, it feels like a great many reviewers are just trotting out the AMD marketing line on this technology.

Whether it proves me wrong or validates my opinion, I'd welcome a proper, objective look at PCIe 4.0 and what actual benefits it provides, as well as the downsides such as increased motherboard costs (and fans) and even, as alluded to in your 3990X review, whether some PCIe 4.0 SSDs are being tuned for headline bandwidth figures at the expense of real-world performance.

How about an in-depth look at the pros and cons of using old workstations as gaming machines.

They're pretty cheap, parts are cheap, memory is really cheap, what were high end CPU's can now be bought for the price of a McDonalds and they're generally well built and last forever.

• 1 month later...

Cleaning RAM

I saw this recently:

Any chance Linus Tech Tips could actually verify this works?

Thanks!

Envaris

42 minutes ago, Envaris said:

Cleaning RAM

I saw this recently:

Any chance Linus Tech Tips could actually verify this works?

Thanks!

Envaris

this is a very old trick to clean RAM with a eraser to remove any gunk

my dad used to use this with our old windows PC back in early 2000's

the rest i don't think so 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

• 1 month later...

oopsie, wrong thread! 😳

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

• 1 month later...

@LinusTech, Hi Linus!  I ran into the 900GB and 1.6TB Fuzedrive on Indiegogo.  I am super hyped for this drive given the performance and endurance that the company is describing as well as the potential for onboarding a ton more storage through SATA hard drives that the Fuzedrive can fuze to and improve read times drastically according to their creator.  Would you consider making a review of the Fuzedrive and help me figure out the following:

1.  How fast is it really for transferring files?

2.  How much endurance does it really have?  (it would be pretty great to see you run an SSD into the ground haha)

3.  How many TB can you fuze to it really and have it maintain the fastest transfer times.

4.  Your personal opinion... will this technology be revolutionary or forgettable.

Thank you for your consideration and have a great day!  

This is the old thread. For video suggestions, please use the current thread:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv