Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What should I review next?

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Maybe trying to connect a external graphics card to any apple product

How about a comparison of "Scooter PCs" - the lightweight, super small factor desktops that can be used for instance in a conference room to drive a screen or to accomplish a single simple task for cheap (firewall router, mail/chat/calendar server)?

I hear the issue of Nvidia Spitting out washed out and dull colours as opposed to AMD full spectrum colour is still around, its what's stopping me from going to team green. This issue was supposed to be resolved years ago with "True Colour" and DisplayPort", but I have found out (googled heh) that even now people can see worse colour even after fixing nvidia with 'full dynamic range' colour.

Try reviewing it differently by having 2 identical systems (AMD|Nvidia) with two separate monitors (10 bit IPS), put them side to side, then use an external camera to capture both. Don't use screen capture software. Then run again with an external calibration tool, then photo. Then check the photo in photoshop, comparing pixel on the left and pixel on the right.

Sony XZ Premium! Not too many reviews of it, and most of them are really positive.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Compatibility between UNRAID and IO pass-trough with Ryzen 5 and 7 CPU's as seams like the high core count for the money is a no brainer for VM's + NAS + Streaming and I wasn't able to find any videos specifically about this.

since Linus loved the S8 so much, I'd say the S8 Active will be in the review books.

Probably waiting for the forum to load until the NBN gets here, while waiting for my school laptop to boot.

Custom PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5820k | RAM: 20GB 2400 DDR4 | Mobo: Asus x99-a | GPU: MSI gtx 980 | Case: Coolermaster CM Storm | HDD: 3TB WD Black | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo | PSU: Coolermaster V1000 | Display: BenQ XL2730Z | OS: Windows 10 Home (boot: 34 seconds)

School Laptop (Used to run Inventor and Photoshop):

Spoiler

HP Probook 430 G2 (CPU: i3 4030U (underclocked and locked to 1.9Ghz) | RAM: 4GB | HDD: 320GB (60GB for user) | Display: 1366x768 TN 13.3 | (boot: 7:23) (Now with 200% more bloat)

Personal Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell Inspiron PP20L OS: Mint and CentOS (absolutely crushes my school laptop despite being about 8 years old)

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Headmounted Speakers: Sony MDR 1RNC ( @LinusTech should seriously review some Sony headphones, these sound amazing.) , TypeWriter: Logitech  MX800, Clicker: Logitech MX800

Totally Useful Links:

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

AT&T exclusive unfortunately 

Actually I heard that it was only AT&T exclusive temporarily, also that it would come to other markets. Awesome!

AT&T will have a limited time exclusivity on the rugged phone.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_active_for_at_t_goes_on_preorder_tomorrow-news-26627.php

Samsung Galaxy S8 Active in on sale today exclusively through AT&T, but you may be able to get it on other carriers for the first time in the Active's history.

Almost hidden in the official announcement are the two important words you may have glossed over: "limited time," as in "for a limited time, the latest Galaxy S8 Active device will be exclusively available from AT&T."

http://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s8-active-verizon-sprint-t-mobile-unlocked

Probably waiting for the forum to load until the NBN gets here, while waiting for my school laptop to boot.

Custom PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5820k | RAM: 20GB 2400 DDR4 | Mobo: Asus x99-a | GPU: MSI gtx 980 | Case: Coolermaster CM Storm | HDD: 3TB WD Black | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo | PSU: Coolermaster V1000 | Display: BenQ XL2730Z | OS: Windows 10 Home (boot: 34 seconds)

School Laptop (Used to run Inventor and Photoshop):

Spoiler

HP Probook 430 G2 (CPU: i3 4030U (underclocked and locked to 1.9Ghz) | RAM: 4GB | HDD: 320GB (60GB for user) | Display: 1366x768 TN 13.3 | (boot: 7:23) (Now with 200% more bloat)

Personal Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell Inspiron PP20L OS: Mint and CentOS (absolutely crushes my school laptop despite being about 8 years old)

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Headmounted Speakers: Sony MDR 1RNC ( @LinusTech should seriously review some Sony headphones, these sound amazing.) , TypeWriter: Logitech  MX800, Clicker: Logitech MX800

Totally Useful Links:

Spoiler

Can you revisit the mobile video cards vs desktop video cards? The last one is from 2015 so it might be worth it.

A goal for my setup is to reduce the overall amount of cables going to my tower. One of the things I know exists but have never seen any coverage on is displayport daisy chaining.

My question is, Is MST Daisy Chaining with DisplayPort still a supported and updated technology, has it matured at all, and is it a viable option for gaming-focused setups? 

On the topic of reducing cables, are we finally starting to see a push toward USB-C in desktop applications?

On 8/13/2017 at 6:00 PM, Kd4lif3 said:

5990e77f7cae2_2017-08-1317_54_15-(315)8000PCUpgrade-YouTube.png.806e84b95ae7c600cffb23cfdaa3a90d.png5990e78097b5c_2017-08-1317_54_35-(315)8000PCUpgrade-YouTube.png.e4f989bb61997a90f1c9b78590b64dd2.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            5990e781604b8_2017-08-1317_55_23-(315)8000PCUpgrade-YouTube.png.027b86a584520949aea28ca3903d94c0.png

I can gaurente that every single who saw this video immediately saw a Linus colab coming

this isn't relay a review product but... Gavin shouted you out Linus! Will you answer the call

I hope Linus or Luke reviews the Fractal Design Meshify C. It looks stunning. 

When I first saw the video, I thought the power button is a fingerprint scanner for Windows Hello. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Making Windows Defender as good or even better than paid options

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Do more cheap PC builds around 800 dollars usd

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Hello Linus! Hello all LMG! Nice to watch you around the globe!

Love your series "as cheap as possible". But you mostly look for better performance or already used components. How about things designed to be cheap?

Once I bought 4 core processor with integrated graphics (sempron 3850), motherboard for it and 4Gb dd3 ram, 60Gb SSD - all new for about 150$. It's not even close to your shopping, when you got gtx980 for same price, ofc))) But, my build surprisingly works)

So, why don't you tell your opinion about processors like sempron or celeron? I'd like to hear!)

And, as i see, you traveling around the globe. Ofc, you heard about different attempts of building PC processor. Can you make video about them, what are they realy are? For example - russian's "Elbrus".

Thx

Do a socks and sandals themed pc

Zenfone 3 zoom. It has a frikkin insane 5,000mAh battery, and It lasts AGES. I no longer need a powerbank, I tried killing it in a day with an entire day of use and it still lasted

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

DACs and amps that pair well with the Sennheiser HD 6xx.  Almost 21,000 people purchased these in the last drop (myself included) and need some info on good price-to-performance options.

Do a whole RGB setup 

On 5/20/2017 at 7:38 AM, Xepher101 said:

Would absolutely love a Gigabyte AERO 15 Review

yes please, we NEED an Aero 15 review.

Alienware 15 R3

GTX 1070

32 GB RAM

512gb NVME + 1TB HDD

No regrets