Removing DBrand skins

minimoose
Go to solution Solved by Peter Vaughan Truslow,

So I've seen lots of great reviews of DBrand, including endorsements from Linus and MKBHD, but has anyone tried to remove the skins? I ask because I'm interested in trying it but am worried that if I try to remove the skin it will leave marks or residue or worse case I couldn't get it off.

Lemme know! 

they're made with 3m vinyl. the only material I've had a hard time removing 3M vinyl from was TPU, but with some rubbing against my beloved raw jeans, it scrubbed right off. iso alcohol probably would have been a better idea

So I've seen lots of great reviews of DBrand, including endorsements from Linus and MKBHD, but has anyone tried to remove the skins? I ask because I'm interested in trying it but am worried that if I try to remove the skin it will leave marks or residue or worse case I couldn't get it off.

Lemme know! 

Lemme know! 

Shows you what it looks like when you take it off.

It's only a sticker, if there is any residue, just use isopropyl alcohol.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Lemme know! 

Using a heatgun on low or a hair dryer can loosen the residue and allow for easier removal.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I doubt they will. Theyre pretty well done.

And if they do leave residue, there are hundreds of ways to it take off. I use isopropyl alcohol

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Lemme know! 

they're made with 3m vinyl. the only material I've had a hard time removing 3M vinyl from was TPU, but with some rubbing against my beloved raw jeans, it scrubbed right off. iso alcohol probably would have been a better idea

I doubt they will. Theyre pretty well done.

And if they do leave residue, there are hundreds of ways to it take off. I use isopropyl alcohol

Using a heatgun on low or a hair dryer can loosen the residue and allow for easier removal.

Shows you what it looks like when you take it off.

It's only a sticker, if there is any residue, just use isopropyl alcohol.

Thanks guys!