Game Gorilla is now LIVE!

Game Gorilla

Hey guys! Check out this new service. Feedback is more than welcome

Most of us have on occasion borrowed a game or two from our friends - games that we were not only excited to play, but equally as excited to not have to pay for the experience. Most of the time, that same friend might have wanted to borrow a game from you - a mutually beneficial endeavor to say the least.

Now imagine having the ability to trade your games with people across the entire country, not just your close circle of friends.

At Game Gorilla, we offer just that. Our patented algorithm matches up users from across the country and allows them to trade their games with each other in the safest environment possible. Consequently, your circle of friends just got much bigger. And here's the good part, all users deal with us directly, and we guarantee a successful trade from the beginning to the end of the process.

We can't complete this endeavor without you. As a contributor, you will be helping us establish the best interactive web experience possible. The interface of Game Gorilla is extremely easy to use. Users will list the games they want to trade, as well as input the games they desire. We take care of the rest. One of the benefits of Game Gorilla is that users never have to deal with the general public. All games come through our facility where they will all go through a 10-point inspection process before being sent to their respective owners. When your game is sent to you, you can be assured that it will be in 100% working condition.

20140422064330-how-it-works.jpg?13981742

Advertising isn't exactly allowed here.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Advertising isn't exactly allowed here.

This. I was about to say this, it also happened with another project.

I watched the video and I like the idea.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Is this news?

Spam?

It's one of those "i don't know if your reporting on something" threads...

Advertising isn't allowed here. Sorry!

Except it is not one of those threads, since the OP has clear affiliation with the company/is clearly a company-made account for social media outreach. And they don't seem to understand guerilla marketing.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Is this news?

Spam?

It's one of those "i don't know if your reporting on something" threads...

Advertising isn't allowed here. Sorry!

Well this is kind of an advertising account: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/145835-game-gorilla-indiegogo-idea-for-console-game-trading/

I'm not really sure what to say about this.

This entire concept sounds sketchy to me. How can you possibly confirm that the disks will be usable by another person? Most games require a 3rd party DRM, even with physical copies. How can you also make a statement guaranteeing something will arrive in 100% working condition? What if something happens during the shipping process? What if i send a working game, and it is damaged outside of my control, am i liable to cover the damage? Sorry, the concept is great, but the practical application of it just does not sound feasible.

We trade with friends because we trust them. If they rip us off, we also know where they live to get our money back from them, or we tell their mommies. 

EDIT: just realized this is for consoles only. Still have my skepticism, but i guess it could work. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Too bad most game purchases are becoming digital and tied to an account. This business is bound to fail imo.

True, but keep in mind there are many areas in the country that do not have access to broadband, and many of the next-gen games are approaching 50GB in size. Another reason to still use physical copies is that you can trade or sell the title to someone else. Once you purchase a digital game, the title is permanently attached to your account and unable to be sold or traded. Many people may find this approach is too expensive. 

This is a reply from a previous post not started by us. You can view that thread here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/145835-game-gorilla-indiegogo-idea-for-console-game-trading/

We are just a couple of nerds trying to make something cool happen. Give it a shot!

Technically you are in violation of the CoC as you are making a thread advertising your own service, as per section 4.2:

4.2 Advertising

Any sort of advertisement on Linus Tech Tips that has little or no relation to Linus Media Group, or is not affiliated with Linus Media Group in any way will be considered spam and removed from the boards. This also pertains to signatures and/or profile information.

This includes but is not limited to doing a giveaway on the forums while linking/referring to outside accounts(YouTube, Facebook, etc.) in any way shape or form.

In addition to advertising, you may not sell any item via the forums other then through the Classifieds section nor advertise links to third party personal sale sites (eBay, Kijiji, etc.) where you might be selling your item. 

Links in the Hot Deals section to items being sold directly by the manufacturer or distributor, such as Razor, Dell, Amazon, Best Buy, etc., are allowed, but only in this section.

"Everyone has console games"

Eww. No, no we don't. Stop.

Also, in violation of CoC

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4.2 Advertising
Any sort of advertisement on Linus Tech Tips that has little or no relation to Linus Media Group, or is not affiliated with Linus Media Group in any way will be considered spam and removed from the boards. This also pertains to signatures and/or profile information.

This includes but is not limited to doing a giveaway on the forums while linking/referring to outside accounts(YouTube, Facebook, etc.) in any way shape or form.

In addition to advertising, you may not sell any item via the forums other then through the Classifieds section nor advertise links to third party personal sale sites (eBay, Kijiji, etc.) where you might be selling your item. 

Links in the Hot Deals section to items being sold directly by the manufacturer or distributor, such as Razor, Dell, Amazon, Best Buy, etc., are allowed, but only in this section.
\
GTFO

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

This entire concept sounds sketchy to me. How can you possibly confirm that the disks will be usable by another person? Most games require a 3rd party DRM, even with physical copies. How can you also make a statement guaranteeing something will arrive in 100% working condition? What if something happens during the shipping process? What if i send a working game, and it is damaged outside of my control, am i liable to cover the damage? Sorry, the concept is great, but the practical application of it just does not sound feasible.

We trade with friends because we trust them. If they rip us off, we also know where they live to get our money back from them, or we tell their mommies. 

These are all great questions. We guarantee all damages that occur during shipping, and are able to surmise if an individual is sending us broken games on purpose and will ban their account. We have an intensive inspection process that ensures that your games will work 100% guaranteed. Guaranteed meaning if they don't for any reason we will reimburse you for the game. And yes, you trade with friends because you know them, but imagine if your trading pool was the entire country? Your friends do not own every game that you want to play do they? There are other trading sites, but they function in such a way that requires you to deal with them directly, which opens you up to getting screwed. All users will deal with our company directly. This is how we can make the guarantees that we do.

The best part is how this is a PC-gaming oriented forum and this guy comes along advertising "EVERYBODY HAS CONSOLE GAMES".

You sound laywerey

It's in my nature.

inb4 deletion of thread. 

Unless you have contacted LMG and confirmed that you are able to have some sponsor thread about this than it's in violation with the CoC. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I watched the video and I like the idea.

i love this idea. this is perfect only for consoles though. steam can shit on this idea in a second if this were all digital, no need for shipping or postage and worrying about the fact that it will work from a third party (in this case gorilla games) you just send it in through a steam entity and given the millions of steam users it can be an instant hit. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

These are all great questions. We guarantee all damages that occur during shipping, and are able to surmise if an individual is sending us broken games on purpose and will ban their account. We have an intensive inspection process that ensures that your games will work 100% guaranteed. Guaranteed meaning if they don't for any reason we will reimburse you fir the game. And yes, you trade with friends because you know them, but imagine if your trading pool was the entire country? Your friends do not own every game that you want to play do they? There are other trading sites, but they function in such a way that requires you to deal with them directly, which opens you up to getting screwed. All users will deal with our company directly. This is how we can make the guarantees that we do.

Yes, i understand the concept better now that i know it is a console endeavor. Such a thing would be pretty much impossible in the realm of PC gaming. The idea sounds like it can work, i would just be extremely careful with potential scammers taking advantage of this type of system. This system requires 2-way faith in that you put faith in your game being properly received, and also put faith in a game being properly sent to you. Aside from that, i see nothing wrong with a service like this. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

This idea is 4 years in the making from 2 guys with no budget. It's not as if we are this huge company that has mass marketing capabilities. This service is here to help out gamers who don't want to pay full price for games. Check out the service. If you like it and it's for you, great! If not, no worries.

True, but keep in mind there are many areas in the country that do not have access to broadband

Yeah and you need internet to use your service too...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Yeah and you need internet to use your service too...

Well the site can be used on your mobile phone. Access to the internet is required, but we do not require you do download a 50GB game. = D