I can hear my FPS?

Grasec

so yea.. tittle says it all i can hear my fps..

well not much of hear the fps itself just static noise that varies depending on my fps count..

so im playing Guild Wars2 ATM and they have a fps limiter option, i set it to unlimited the static is very high pitch sound and super fast due to 150~fps

set it to 60 it lower toned and noticeably slower, then i set it to 30 and it slows down more and on a lower tone

1+1 means i can her the frames tick.. no idea why that happening..

please help!

running an Asus xonar DGX 5.1 dedicated sound card

with Roccat Kave Solid 5.1

The Rig:

CPU: Ci5 4690, Mobo: Msi H97 Gaming 3, Ram: G.skill 4x2 NQ @1333Mhz, GPU: Gigabyte R9 280X, PSU: CoolerMaster 600W Silent Pro, Case: CM 690 II, MouseLogitech G500 <- 4 year veteran beginning to die :/, KeyBoardRazer Arctosa Silver <- 4 year veteran good as new , Sound: Roccat Kave 5.1 Solid

Either a weird coil whine or something to do with the monitor? 

I've never heard of this though. 

Just to be clear. Is the sound coming from the speaker or from the tower itself? If its coming from the speaker try switching the audio source or trying a different set of speakers/headphones. If its coming from the case it could be coil whine. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

so yea.. tittle says it all i can hear my fps..

well not much of hear the fps itself just static noise that varies depending on my fps count..

so im playing Guild Wars2 ATM and they have a fps limiter option, i set it to unlimited the static is very high pitch sound and super fast due to 150~fps

set it to 60 it lower toned and noticeably slower, then i set it to 30 and it slows down more and on a lower tone

1+1 means i can her the frames tick.. no idea why that happening..

please help!

running an Asus xonar DGX 5.1 dedicated sound card

with Roccat Kave Solid 5.1

I can smell my FPS and taste it, kinda tastes like taiwan food.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

No idea man thats weird :P 

(PS, why is LTT giving me the message that the italian spider man gif isn't accepted?)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

This is due to electrical interference, either EMI from the card when it is under load, or some effect on the power delivery of your motherboard, or a combination.

There is nothing you can do except go external.

I can smell my FPS and taste it, kinda tastes like taiwan food.

I need to get the stuff you guys smoking man... the stuff I have only lets me smell it...

You cannot hear the FPS because I have it on good LTT authority that the Human eye doesn't hear in frames per second.

Now in reality this:

This is due to electrical interference, either EMI from the card when it is under load, or some effect on the power delivery of your motherboard, or a combination.

There is nothing you can do except go external.

probably not helped and or caused by this:

Roccat Kave 5.1 has USB power right? I bet ground loop.

Try an optical out to a home theatre amp or something similar, if that works then you know it is one of the above issues.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

People with synesthesia can.... :)

I taste what your saying.  :blink: 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And I smelled your handsomeness....

I'll have to remember that one. :lol: