2X MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr V WITH Z77 MOB AND INTEL 2500k

marty_1986

I just bought a couple MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozer V GPU's, I was wondering if I'm going to have some bottlenecking issues with my MOB and CPU config? Or i'm I going to have to get a new board and CPU?

I think you'll be fine with your 2500K at 4.5GHz.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just look at the usage graphs of your GPUs in afterburner when under load (gaming). If theyre at or close to 100% youre fine. I think if you overclock the 2500K it should do the trick.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

nope. mine is handling my 2 g1 gaming's just fine. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I just bought a couple MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozer V GPU's, I was wondering if I'm going to have some bottlenecking issues with my MOB and CPU config? Or i'm I going to have to get a new board and CPU?

what resolution are you playing your games at?

This is the MOST important question that should have been asked  :P

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I already have my CPU OC'd to 4.6 GHZ. I'm more worried about that I will be running the GPU's at PCIE 2.0 with both cards running at 8X, 8X

I already have my CPU OC'd to 4.6 GHZ. I'm more worried about that I will be running the GPU's at PCIE 2.0 with both cards running at 8X, 8X

Forget all that PCIe speed crap. It won't affect you in any way.

You should be fine on that setup.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!