Small issue after uninstalling Razer Cortex

tigerx95
Hello all,

I've been using Razer Cortex, the game booster for a couple of days and I have to say I'm not really impressed.

So I uninstalled it completely, but whenever I start Steam or any game, my windows 7 switches to windows 7 basic.

I don't want that and I have no idea how I can disable that.

So it only changes when I open a game I said the game booster should boost, but it's uninstalled.

How can I fix this?

Have you made sure every part of the Game Booster was uninstalled? There might still be some left over files Windows couldn't uninstall that mess with your settings.

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

Yes that's the problem, the only thing I have on my PC is Razer Synapse, which is for my keyboard...

Where can I find that? I just downloaded the program and I don't find such a thing there.

Where can I find that? I just downloaded the program and I don't find such a thing there.

here http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html follow the freeware section to near the bottom to where it says ( Free Full Downloads of Revo Uninstaller) and hit download, just choose your destination for your download and run the setup

I mean where can I find that in the settings? I don't see anywhere how I can clean up left behinds.

Before using REVO you may need to re-install Cortex, then select the program from the available programs inside of REVO.

Select  advanced mode and select all appropriate files and registry entries, double checking they don't belong to Synapse. 

Or just un-install ALL Razer items and re-installing your appropriate drivers that your keyboard needs.

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

Before using REVO you may need to re-install Cortex, then select the program from the available programs inside of REVO.

Select  advanced mode and select all appropriate files and registry entries, double checking they don't belong to Synapse. 

Or just un-install ALL Razer items and re-installing your appropriate drivers that your keyboard needs.

Unfortunately, that did not work either. I reinstalled it and removed it again with the advanced tab like you said.

Whenever I open Steam or another game, it switches again to Windows 7 basic.

Look at the screenshot for what it says.

It says:

The next program has executed an action that temporarely changed the colour scheme in Windows 7 basic.

Program: steam client bootstrapper

Publisher: Valve

Proces-id: 4436

The colour scheme will be automatically reset to Windows Aero if this program or other programs, who execute such actions, are no longer active.

post-183013-0-81226200-1421679405.png

post-183013-0-81226200-1421679405.png

I think windows is assuming you don't have enough resources to run steam.

What are your PC specs?advanced

Try disabling one by one your windows performance settings (control panel>system and security>system> advanced system settings, under the performance menu click settings and start un-clicking one by one).

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

I think windows is assuming you don't have enough resources to run steam.

What are your PC specs?advanced

Try disabling one by one your windows performance settings (control panel>system and security>system> advanced system settings, under the performance menu click settings and start un-clicking one by one).

Well the thing you say by disabling windows performance settings, that's the thing I DON'T want.

Also, I have an i7 860 @ 2.80GHz, 6GB RAM and a GTX 550 TI, which will be upgraded to a GTX 960 as soon as it releases.

The thing is, I never had that issue before installing Razer Cortex.