thoughts on Obama's education plan for 2015

Tocsin_786

i dont know what this can mean in the long run. but it does put our shitty education system to new heights as we get more intelligent people out there. making community college free? that can lead to disaster as well since there will not be that profit motive that colleges like to have. maybe have very reduced prices for the working force. idk im stuck on the fence on this but it does sound like a great idea. 

Article

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/01/08/obama-free-community-college/21466969/

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Sounds good to me as long as the schools receive appropriate funding.

Sounds good to me as long as the schools receive appropriate funding.

yessss. lets not have a state run system either, its not fair that NY will provide better funding for the schools compared to west virginia (most uneducated state)

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I can see all the difference this'll make. What change.

/s

To everyone that'll say "well this is good because x country has free education and so should you!" We don't for a reason, it doesn't work here. Our government spending model doesn't allow these kinds of things.

I think it's a great idea, but it doesn't solve several problems, which are:

1) For-profit colleges somehow getting accreditation despite being complete shit

2) fixing the No-Child-Left-Behind system. It's complete crap.

3) Rising costs of post-secondary education. The money for this has to come from somewhere, and you still have to fix costs, which I believe is mostly related to #1, but that's an uninformed opinion TBH.

but since these are only loosely related to the proposed idea, I'm fully in favor of it, although I've never heard of programming/comp sci being taught in community colleges, and that's what we really need. There's so many jobs in that sector that are struggling to be filled.

Wow!  Obama taking one step close to my politics.  The death of paid schooling and the death of commerce for that matter would be a nice thing.  Free education should be one of our rights for everyone around the world.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The comments on it made me laugh...

And it's good! Smarter people = Better stuff (Or something)...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

yessss. lets not have a state run system either, its not fair that NY will provide better funding for the schools compared to west virginia (most uneducated state)

Well nothing is going to be fair for everyone. If the state can't afford it they should be able to get money from the country's budget.

I think it's a great idea, but it doesn't solve several problems, which are:

1) For-profit colleges somehow getting accreditation despite being complete shit

2) fixing the No-Child-Left-Behind system. It's complete crap.

but since these are only loosely related to the proposed idea, I'm fully in favor of it, although I've never heard of programming/comp sci being taught in community colleges, and that's what we really need. There's so many jobs in that sector that are struggling to be filled.

the no child left behind will probably never be fixed. students are basically tested like drone/guinea pigs. its an abysmal system. i also dont like the idea of a state run system. a student from massachusetts is statistically more smarter than a student from tennessee due to the difference of school funding and curriculum   

Well nothing is going to be fair for everyone. If the state can't afford it they should be able to get money from the country's budget.

the states should at least teach the same curriculum. its not fair that they dont teach certain parts of biology in the bible states because of religion, and too many state tests are BS. 

I'll tell you what's not fair at all: local public schools funding coming from property taxes. It's a system that basically says you can buy your way into a better funded public school by buying a more expensive house. Rich kids get better funded education even though it's the same public system. I mean, wtf.

NoVa FTW!

the states should at least teach the same curriculum. its not fair that they dont teach certain parts of biology in the bible states because of religion, and state tests are BS. 

I'm in the bible states and at least here (Georgia) the curriculum is the same as everyone else's from what I've heard of the people in health science programs - they don't pick out certain things because it may be 'offensive' to religious beliefs. Even in my psychology and sociology class we went over evolution.

These aren't Christian academies, they're accredited colleges.

I'm in the bible states and at least here (Georgia) the curriculum is the same as everyone else's from what I've heard of the people in health science programs - they don't pick out certain things because it may be 'offensive' to religious beliefs. Even in my psychology and sociology class we went over evolution.

These aren't Christian academies, they're accredited colleges.

yea, the conversation went off track a little. 

I can see all the difference this'll make. What change.

/s

To everyone that'll say "well this is good because x country has free education and so should you!" We don't for a reason, it doesn't work here. Our government spending model doesn't allow these kinds of things.

Maybe if we weren't in a multi trillion dollar conflict against brown people we would have some fucking money left to go around.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Maybe if we weren't in a multi trillion dollar conflict against brown people we would have some fucking money left to go around.

Better watch what you say or some extremist will come keeel you

Yeah you see.. we don't spend a lot of money on the military. Would you like to try again?

Better watch what you say or some extremist will come keeel you

Why should anyone have to live in fear?

I think I'll be fine

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

even if we spent 15% less on that special budget that we spend more than the next 8 riches countries around would also make a HUGE difference. 

Why should anyone have to live in fear?

I think I'll be fine

I was joking more than I was being serious.

Yeah you see.. we don't spend a lot of money on the military. Would you like to try again?

we kinda do... like by ALOT

http://pgpf.org/Chart-Archive/0053_defense-comparison

this might be off topic but: 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Yeah you see.. we don't spend a lot of money on it military. Would you like to try again?

700 Billion dollars a year goes to our military, all of that money is just what's accounted for. This doesn't cover all of the spending done towards private weapons contractors and other spending that drops through the cracks.

Yeah not a lot of money right?

Military aside, how about all of the money that is spent on bullshit political lobbying to big corporations like oil and special interests groups?

Would you like to try again?

Hail Sithis!