Is it possible to send Uplay Game as a Gift to someone?

lovingGamer
Go to solution Solved by Scionyde,

Why do i have to pay a game that i paid for!? wtf that makes no sense!

So if i want to transfer a game to my friend (send it as gift)

I have to pay! WTFFFFF

Steam is starting to suck!

Do you know how much will that cost?

If you've already bought the game and added it to your own library, then you can't send it as a gift to somebody else. It would kind of screw over developers because unlike physical copies, the ability to swap and trade digital copies would be incredibly easy and probably drastically affect sales.

The best you could do is go through Steam Family Sharing. That way your friend can play the game from your library and maintain his own save files, but you can't both play at the same time.

Is it possible to send Uplay Game as a Gift to someone?

And by the way i got my Games back!

I dont know. Maybe you need to buy them again and say buy as gift. Like steam. Dont really know. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I dont know. Maybe you need to buy them again and say buy as gift. Like steam. Dont really know. 

I have never send a game as a gift even on steam.

So when i send it to someone he needs to pay for that gift?

I thought that he is getting it for free from me, cause i'm sending it to him..

I know Steam has that functionality - all you need to do is select "Purchase as a Gift" instead of "Purchase for Myself" during checkout. Then you just go to your inventory, and send it to somebody on your friends list. This should apply to Uplay games purchased through Steam, but if you buy the game directly through Uplay, I'm not sure if Uplay has that feature. I'm not saying it doesn't, but I try not to spend any more time with Uplay than necessary.

You can't send them as a gift through uPlay. Some uPlay games will give you a code which you can send to a friend, but it's not a feature supported by uPlay. 

You can't send them as a gift through uPlay. Some uPlay games will give you a code which you can send to a friend, but it's not a feature supported by uPlay. 

UPLAY PLS 

ow wait UBISOFT 

#KeepsOnDiggin' xD

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I have never send a game as a gift even on steam.

So when i send it to someone he needs to pay for that gift?

I thought that he is getting it for free from me, cause i'm sending it to him..

On Steam (don't know Uplay) when you add to basket and go to purchase, it gives to the option to buy as a gift. You pay but the other person gets the item.

On Steam (don't know Uplay) when you add to basket and go to purchase, it gives to the option to buy as a gift. You pay but the other person gets the item.

So i pay it so someone can get it for free?

that is fucking stupid!

So if i want to send someone a Game i have to pay to send it?!.

that is fucking stupid!

That's how a gift works?

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

that is fucking stupid!

How is it a gift if they're paying for it? If you want to tell em about the game just send em the wiki page or steam link.

How is it a gift if they're paying for it? If you want to tell em about the game just send em the wiki page or steam link.

I have to pay! WTFFFFF

I have to pay! WTFFFFF

You can't send games you own to them. You can only buy it for them.

I have to pay! WTFFFFF

If you've already bought the game and added it to your own library, then you can't send it as a gift to somebody else. It would kind of screw over developers because unlike physical copies, the ability to swap and trade digital copies would be incredibly easy and probably drastically affect sales.

The best you could do is go through Steam Family Sharing. That way your friend can play the game from your library and maintain his own save files, but you can't both play at the same time.