New monitor for video editing and gaming (max 400USD budget)

mancesco

Hi everyone,

with the new year I decided it's about time to replace my current monitor to something more suited to my needs. I do occasional video editing and colour correction (when I don't have access to a proper workstation), but I'm also an avid gamer, so I'm looking into something with first and foremost a bigger screen (27"+) and decent colours (IPS or similar), I'm not particularly interested in high refresh rate or resolutions higher than 1080p (though I'm not against them).

The two options I have in mind are the following:

- LG 29UB65-P 29in Ultrawide IPS, 2560x1080 (~400 USD)

The Ultrawide aspect ratio would be ideal for both gaming and work, but it's expensive.

- LG 27MP55HQ-P 27in Widescreen IPS, 1920x1080 (~230 USD)

This would be a money-saving option.

Any thoughts on these two monitors or any helpful suggestions?

ULTRAWIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Hi everyone,

with the new year I decided it's about time to replace my current monitor to something more suited to my needs. I do occasional video editing and colour correction (when I don't have access to a proper workstation), but I'm also an avid gamer, so I'm looking into something with first and foremost a bigger screen (27"+) and decent colours (IPS or similar), I'm not particularly interested in high refresh rate or resolutions higher than 1080p (though I'm not against them).

The two options I have in mind are the following:

- LG 29UB65-P 29in Ultrawide IPS, 2560x1080 (~400 USD)

The Ultrawide aspect ratio would be ideal for both gaming and work, but it's expensive.

- LG 27MP55HQ-P 27in Widescreen IPS, 1920x1080 (~230 USD)

This would be a money-saving option.

Any thoughts on these two monitors or any helpful suggestions?

Ultrawide. The level of productivity you can achieve with it is amazing.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Neither. You can get a 1440p display at the price. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umhx2aa001

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Neither. You can get a 1440p display at the price. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umhx2aa001

Nice find! :)

Looks to have good ratings. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator