Star Citizen UOLTT Official Battle EXtravaganza!

rentaspoon

32 people in one chat speaking freely though....... Not always the greatest thing lol :D

channels, my friend, channels :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

channels, my friend, channels :P

I'm actually liking talk.gg

It's open a browser make a room send a link, no log on or anything

Its as simple as yada yada yada here's the link:

http://www.talk.gg/uoltt

(Probably won't work now ;) )

I'm actually liking talk.gg

It's open a browser make a room send a link, no log on or anything

Its as simple as yada yada yada here's the link:

http://www.talk.gg/uoltt

(Probably won't work now ;) )

There's no one here  :mellow:

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

There's no one here :mellow:

Lol sort of ment it as an example of how easy it is to share, I will be trying it later tho

Lol sort of ment it as an example of how easy it is to share, I will be trying it later tho

Gonna keep it up all day!  B)

But i'm in class do I can't speak lol @Maciek

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

So I was just curious and looked up prices of renting a TS3 server and its not even close to what I was expecting. I wouldn't mind paying for like a 50 person server, I've never done anything like this before though so I'm not sure if there are any unexpected costs or anything.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

Talk.gg doesn't work that well, at least for me. It seems to distort the audio and mimics my mic input while distorting the audio.

I'll have to try out Razer Comms as that seems like the most viable option atm

So I was just curious and looked up prices of renting a TS3 server and its not even close to what I was expecting. I wouldn't mind paying for like a 50 person server, I've never done anything like this before though so I'm not sure if there are any unexpected costs or anything.

The two main costs involved are the license and hosting. If we are gonna do this, I'm gonna make sure it can hold a sizable chunk of the org. So something more like the 256 license, 50 just isn't enough slots for a group our size.

So as far as i can figure out, the ball park figure would be ~ $200 and that would be enough for the license and a few months of hosting.

Other than that, I'm almost certain that there's no other costs...

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Got milk?

Got cheese?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

A few issues...

Server hosting.

TS3 licenses.

I can't afford to pay for hosting off my own back, even if it is just a few £ a month.

And we can't get a NPL license because we're associated with LTT. And i def can't afford that...

Razer comms??? I know its bad but I use it almost every day and it is close to perfect

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

I'll have to try out Razer Comms as that seems like the most viable option atm

yes bud. razer comms is perfect for us. at least while we are testing. My name in comms is GaryDaCat

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

yes bud. razer comms is perfect for us. at least while we are testing. My name in comms is GaryDaCat

OK I'll add a section to the signup sheet

as i've said earlier, I'm not fond of comms...

I'd much rather use TS because it's infinitely easier to manage

But if it's what you guys wanna use, then why not

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

as i've said earlier, I'm not fond of comms...

I'd much rather use TS because it's infinitely easier to manage

But if it's what you guys wanna use, then why not

isn't there a teamspeak ltt server we could "borrow"

isn't there a teamspeak ltt server we could "borrow"

There's @looney 's ts... We could invade that :P

But idk if they'd be willing

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

There's @looney 's ts... We could invade that :P

But idk if they'd be willing

No harm in asking...

and done

awesome!!!

Right I'm going to leave it at this, Razer comms if we can't find an alternative but we will use team speak hopefully

The two main costs involved are the license and hosting. If we are gonna do this, I'm gonna make sure it can hold a sizable chunk of the org. So something more like the 256 license, 50 just isn't enough slots for a group our size.

So as far as i can figure out, the ball park figure would be ~ $200 and that would be enough for the license and a few months of hosting.

Other than that, I'm almost certain that there's no other costs...

I know 256 slots would be ideal in the long run but for the time being with just these in org tournaments going on I don't feel like we will be pushing 256 people. As the game grows and expands as could our slot count.... but once it starts going over $30 a month is where I would have to cut the cord, or start getting donations. 

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.