Acer announcing 1440p 144Hz Gsync monitor with IPS (Update: Reviewed)

Faa

This is honestly 10 times more exciting than most of the tech stuff released in 2014.

Why does it have to be butt ugly

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

If ips works out amazingly then i know what im getting for a 3 way 1440p set up

enjoy your bezels and most of the side screens being distorted as fuck

I'm kinda dissapointed its not LG that announced a monitor like this. They've been pushing hard in the monitor department for at least the past 12 months with some great monitors in style, functions and cost. Never really been an Acer fan. I'm guessing it will be competitively priced being Acer but.....its still an Acer :(

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

If there is no comparable competition I will buy this.......

As long as it has an adjustable stand a la Dell Ultrasharp. And hopefully the whole Freesync model can be updated or maybe they will add ***GASP*** both options!!!

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

was just thinking of upgrading from my current 1080p IPS monitor to the ROG swift but wasn't sure if I wanted to give up the IPS for 144Hz but whit this I get the best of both worlds

Now that the panel has been invented I'd like a freesync version only because I don't want to pay the extra money for G-sync :/

So the original picture now says that it the IPS version isn't 1ms. Tomshardware confirmed that it would be 1ms. 

So the original picture now says that it the IPS version isn't 1ms. Tomshardware confirmed that it would be 1ms. 

Would you believe Tomshardware over Acers own PR (link is in the OP)? Must be a mistake from them, the one with 1ms and edge-to-edge is the TN panel. 

5ms response time, enjoy your pixel soup

Omg. Then im going for the 60hz 21:9 34" freesync for sure. Its supposed to cost something like 500EUR even, which is sick.

That should be the most enjoyable gaming possible until OLED.

Cuz OLED will be the tech that unlocks high refresh rate panels that dont look like pure shit.

I can't wait for the review of this thing

Gamer + Musician + Techie = Me

Steam: luke104.3

Origin: xxluke104xx

5ms response time, enjoy your pixel soup

Got any source that it's 5ms? Anyways Rog Swift vs a IPS panel; http://uk.hardware.info/comparisontable/861123/faithh7/monitors-comparison-table-5

Hardly any difference.

Omg. Then im going for the 60hz 21:9 34" freesync for sure. Its supposed to cost something like 500EUR even, which is sick.

They're 700 eur at least in the EU and currently 21:9 monitors are only IPS, there's a samsung 3440x1440 on the way with a VA panel and VA doesn't do that much better than IPS in terms of response time. On such a high refresh rate you won't notice it at all. I recently got myself a LG34UM95 and all I can say is that I really need 120Hz, no complaints about the response time or input lag.

Asus will release a swift 2 or something with the same specs & brand it ROG because this isn't Acer's exclusive panel & I suppose other brands to like LG, BenQ, AOC personally i'll avoid Acer because I have been testing the 4k Gsync one :( it's horrible... the glossy stand drives you crazy also bad default setup & whenever I exit a game it go's from 60 hz to 30 on the desktop   

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

They're 700 eur at least in the EU and currently 21:9 monitors are only IPS, there's a samsung 3440x1440 on the way with a VA panel and VA doesn't do that much better than IPS in terms of response time. On such a high refresh rate you won't notice it at all. I recently got myself a LG34UM95 and all I can say is that I really need 120Hz, no complaints about the response time or input lag.

Nop. This one is gona be 500EUR max. Cuz its 1080p... and im fine with 1080p

Dont feel like paying 900EUR for the Acer to enjoy a smearfest on a slow, high refresh rate IPS.

Also, once you tried 21:9 for gaming, ull understand instantly why 21:9  > 144hz. ( if i have to choose...obviously id want both at the same time)

IPS pixel transitions are not yet fast enough for 1ms response times

also did you even read the link you posted?

Except ahva which could be fast enough... Even if it got to to 2ms that's a feat

IPS pixel transitions are not yet fast enough for 1ms response times

Nor is TN.

also did you even read the link you posted?

The link in the OP? Nowhere mentioning 5 ms.