Acer announcing 1440p 144Hz Gsync monitor with IPS (Update: Reviewed)

Faa

too bad when i actually have money to build a PC capable of 1440p gaming at high-max settings there will be something better than this. that's if i actually get enough money.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Well, this happened about 1-2  months sooner than I'd expected.  :ph34r:

Yay!  :D

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Reading this... made me happy and my wallet sad. I'm guessing the price on this will be rather high.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I'm so happy seeing this but also sad because I don't have the money to buy it

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

guess i'll have to wait a decade for a 16:10 g-sync panel.

Agreed I want a 30in 2560x1600 IPS gsync panel. Also everyone always says higher from rates I would also like to see lower as in selectable native not max. What about just a bit higher? Anyone remember the early let's being 75hz?

Going to cost a fortune to own.

Been around since the beginning of LTT & the forums, but mostly just lurk!

Agreed I want a 30in 2560x1600 IPS gsync panel. Also everyone always says higher from rates I would also like to see lower. What about just a bit higher? Anyone remember the early let's being 75hz?

I think there should be more options, but from what I've seen the market hasn't been moving towards supporting various different aspect ratios. I would like to see a ultra wide monitor with more vertical real estate. 21:10 or something lol.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I think there should be more options, but from what I've seen the market hasn't been moving towards supporting various different aspect ratios. I would like to see a ultra wide monitor with more vertical real estate. 21:10 or something lol.

16x10 is perfect. I would also like to see 5x4/4x3 make a come back.

Acer has really stepped it up. I've bought their monitors and laptops for some time now, and feel they are focusing on rebranding themselves, and on the looks and value for what you're getting, they're really stepping it up. I know most people hate their customer service (THey've been trending on FB all day with their 15 inch Ultrabook announcement, and the comments have been VERY negative, pointing out their service blows), but I've never had to deal with them, so I'm not sure and have been more than pleased with my products. I already own their B326HK as main driver, and their HN274HBbmiiid (imported it a year before US got it) as an accessory display to watch anime and movies as I game, but with this 144Hz IPS-like (people are saying it's actually AHVA) 1440p res, I may be tempted to depending on price and also how slim the bezels are and color. My only complaint with the B326HK is their choice to go with a gray color for bezel and stand. Rest is flawless. No calibration out of the box, other than lower brightness from 100 to 65, for my eyes. 

TN OR IPS panel for gaming?

It used to be TN was your only choice for higher than 60Hz monitors unless you bought some Korean overclocked ones. This IPS 144 Hz one should be 144Hz out of box if you use proper display, so definitely this. People like IPS over TN because of the color reproduction and the viewing angles. Having gone from 120Hz TN to 60 Hz IPS, I would choose IPS anyday. Now that they're combining the two? Shhhhheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittttt.... 

My wallet is not even breathing. It's like meh, got nothing on me so #"$% you T_T

Nice one Acer, shrekting ASUS and BenQ! This is the perfect piece of baby every single heavy gamer would want, a 144Hz 1440p IPS G-Sync, basically its like Christmas morning.

pOG

My wallet is not even breathing. It's like meh, got nothing on me so #"$% you T_T

I understand what you mean. I am scared to see the price of this thing that I've always wanted. O.o

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

If the picture quality is truly good, I'm going to have to replace my ROG Swift with it.  

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

When I first read this on Cnet I was not sure if it was a typo... I had to check on a couple other sites to make sure... Also had to pinch myself to make sure that I was not dreaming.

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

how expensive will these monitors be? 

at least the Asus should become cheaper now

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Woot?! Thats freakin awesome! :D

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Oh god, my Asus rog swift just arrived D: no regret but i hope these monitors to be like 1000$

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

I hope it's price competitively, so it can be cheaper and maybe bring the down price of the asus rog swift. Also to encourage other companies to make similar monitors 

Hopefully it is at least 1 - 2ms

Anything higher and it is a no. Visible ghosting for me at 5ms+

And in say a SLi setup, I imagine from a frame times wouldn't be fun.

A 1080 for me now would be great although I could live with 1440

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III