Acer announcing 1440p 144Hz Gsync monitor with IPS (Update: Reviewed)

Faa

I hate you so much,

I was wondering when someone would finally click that, especially since so many commented on it.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Rest in peace... Asus RoG Swift GSYNC moniter

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

So many amazing monitors coming in 2015 hope we can get some GPUs that can drive em

Wow, I'm actually interested in an Acer product..this is a weird feeling.

Acer has some kickass monitors, and some really sweet ultrabooks.

They are not the absolute bottom of the barrel shit laptop maker that they used to be.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

144hz, ips, gsync and a high resolution, now thats a swift killer :)

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Acer has some kickass monitors, and some really sweet ultrabooks.

They are not the absolute bottom of the barrel shit laptop maker that they used to be.

I remember those laptops being so bad that I envied the surplus cheap Dell boxes found in public libraries. It takes a lot for a company to change their image and it seems Acer might be doing that for me now.

Well hold on here. Tom's lists the AHVA panel as a rumour. Please don't go around saying this is fact until we know for sure.

To be clear, this being an AHVA panel is speculation only until confirmed by AU Optronics and/or Acer.

AUO announced they had developed this exact panel in September (27" 2560x1440 144Hz AHVA) which matches exactly with this monitor. Acer has already advertised several AHVA displays as IPS since it is only a variant in the IPS category like any other (AH-IPS, E-IPS, etc.) and the IPS name is well-known at this point, so we already know that Acer does this. It is quite safe to say this is the panel being used.

So many amazing monitors coming in 2015 hope we can get some GPUs that can drive em

Well with the Titan II and the R9 390X incoming, a pair of either of those should drive 1440p at 120+Hz on high settings easily, even if you can't get anti-aliassing and stay that high.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

AUO announced they had developed this exact panel in September (27" 2560x1440 144Hz AHVA) which matches exactly with this monitor. Acer has already advertised several AHVA displays as IPS since it is only a variant in the IPS category like any other (AH-IPS, E-IPS, etc.) and the IPS name is well-known at this point, so we already know that Acer does this. It is quite safe to say this is the panel being used.

Fair enough.

There's like a 99% chance that the Acer monitor is using that panel, so I'll give you that :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Are you kidding me? I had my heart set on the ROG Swift. Stop making me change my mind.

I've seen some color accuracy tests, AHVA indeed just performs as good as IPS. Hardware.info usually does very good monitor reviews, they turn calibration off and test if the monitor can reach a color temp of 6500K (which is considered to be the most ideal), a 1440p AHVA; http://be.hardware.info/reviews/5275/6/aoc-q2770pqu-a-benq-bl2710pt-review-wqhd-update-testresultaten-kleurtemperatuur-a-kleurechtheid

BenQ advertises AHVA as IPS as well; http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/bl2710pt/

I've seen some color accuracy tests, AHVA indeed just performs as good as IPS. Hardware.info usually does very good monitor reviews, they turn calibration off and test if the monitor can reach a color temp of 6500K (which is considered to be the most ideal), a 1440p AHVA; http://be.hardware.info/reviews/5275/6/aoc-q2770pqu-a-benq-bl2710pt-review-wqhd-update-testresultaten-kleurtemperatuur-a-kleurechtheid

BenQ advertises AHVA as IPS as well; http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/bl2710pt/

They really are the same. AHVA and PLS are both IPS type panels. They have similar color accuracy and other performance characteristics, similar response times (up until now, apparently), and even suffer from IPS glow. This is honestly like calling an AH-IPS monitor "IPS". Nothing interesting going on here.

They really are the same. AHVA and PLS are both IPS type panels. They have similar color accuracy and other performance characteristics, similar response times (up until now, apparently), and even suffer from IPS glow. This is honestly like calling an AH-IPS monitor "IPS". Nothing interesting going on here.

If you look at the Korean monitors, they can be overclocked upwards of 120hz. Mine goes to about 105-110 before artifacting.

I'm not sure what magic they used to get to 144, but hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

And all of a sudden I have decided what my next monitor will be.

Have you also decided that $1500 doesn't matter (idk, just guessing)

Im happy for improvements.

But its not 21:9... 

I dont like claustrophobia

If only it was 24" 1080

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Too bad Samsung already announced a 180Hz PLS design with Freesync.

Too bad no one cares about freesync just like all the other shitty AMD technologies.

Edit: That like was a rick roll, nice.