Assassin's creed UNITY correct settings demonstrated: This game is FLAWLESS

i_build_nanosuits

Hey Guys!

So i just got fed up with people complaining about ACU running poorly and it being a poorly optimised AAA title...just watch this quick video and enjoy!

Feel free to comment i run this game on ultra settings and pinned at 60FPS across the board if you have a similar config to mine (i5 or better and GTX780 or R9 290 or better)

you should be able to run the same settings with ease...if your machine is slightly less powerfull just turn down some settings and test but FXAA is the way to go along

with VSYNC for a butter smooth gameplay experience:

Also before you say FXAA is crap it's blury and shit...try it for yourself and see i'm telling you i usualy HATE FXAA but for this game it's very well implemented and it looks

flawless...not blurry at all and no jaggies...it's just plain perfect i swear it's worth trying out and please feel free to link this video to ANYBODY saying this game run's like

shit and stuff like that because it's utterly NOT TRUE.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

How does it perform with lower end systems? how do you think it'll run on a i5 with 760/280?

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

No matter what you pull out of your brain to say that it isn't, you will always be wrong if you say that AC:Unity isn't poorly optimized. 

Console port + Ubisoft = just asking for shitty PC optimization

"Rawr XD"

The reason it doesn't run like shit is because it has been patched.

For weeks after launch the game was an unoptimized piece of shit. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

hasnt the game been patched?

The reason it doesn't run like shit is because it has been patched.

For weeks after launch the game was an unoptimized piece of shit.

for some not so obvious and dark reasons my game is not patched i run version 1.1.0 guys...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

How does it perform with lower end systems? how do you think it'll run on a i5 with 760/280?

i guess it will run fine on medium or high settings and FXAA.

No matter what you pull out of your brain to say that it isn't, you will always be wrong if you say that AC:Unity isn't poorly optimized. 

Console port + Ubisoft = just asking for shitty PC optimization

i just proved to you that this is a fairly well optimised title that run's flawlessly on maximum settings...what else can i say?

Latest driver from both AMD and Nvidia improved the performance significantly. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Latest driver from both AMD and Nvidia improved the performance significantly.

i do have the latest drivers but i honestly played through the entire game since it launched and it always has been that smooth...MSAA kill the framerates even with only 2XMSAA but as soon as i discovered how smooth it run's and how beautiful it looks with FXAA i have not had an issue running this game on highest settings since day 1

(i in fact got the game about 3 days before it launched and even then it was running butter smooth...)

i just proved to you that this is a fairly well optimised title that run's flawlessly on maximum settings...what else can i say?

That still doesn't prove that Ubisoft didn't fuck themselves in at least one part or another with the NPCs. 

The game runs fine on maximum settings yes, but the optimization part is that it could be running better at the same settings. 

"Rawr XD"

That still doesn't prove that Ubisoft didn't fuck themselves in at least one part or another with the NPCs. 

The game runs fine on maximum settings yes, but the optimization part is that it could be running better at the same settings.

i don't see how it could honestly the game is vast and beautiful and highly detailed don't forget this is an open world game with a lot of caracter interacting with each other all the time...

this is no call of duty and i still get upward of 80FPS across the entire game if i unlock VSYNC...what more can you ask honestly?!...even when RECORDING the gameplay i'm still pinned at 60FPS on ULTRA...come on!!

i don't see how it could honestly the game is vast and beautiful and highly detailed don't forget this is an open world game with a lot of caracter interacting with each other all the time...this is no call of duty and i still get upward of 80FPS across the entire game if i unlock VSYNC...what more can you ask honestly?!...even when RECORDING the gameplay i'm still pinned at 60FPS on ULTRA...come on!!

Recording doesn't affect framerate if you're using Shadowplay. Also there's some people who use higher refresh rate monitors which could definitely benefit from better PC optimization to get the most out of them. There's plenty of titles with good PC optimization that show this. Titanfall, COD:AW, CSGO

"Rawr XD"

Recording doesn't affect framerate if you're using Shadowplay. Also there's some people who use higher refresh rate monitors which could definitely benefit from better PC optimization to get the most out of them. There's plenty of titles with good PC optimization that show this. Titanfall, COD:AW, CSGO

those are not ''better optimised'' games..they are LESS DEMANDING GAMES by there nature...less details, less interactions, not being open world free roming games mate ;)

Assassin's creed is a sandbox open world and this CAN'T BE COMPARED IN ANY WAY with a game like call of duty...i'm sorry!

those are not ''better optimised'' games..they are LESS DEMANDING GAMES by there nature...less details, less interactions, not being open world free roming games mate ;)

Assassin's creed is a sandbox open world and this CAN'T BE COMPARED IN ANY WAY with a game like call of duty...i'm sorry!

I never said that they are more or as demanding as Assasin's Creed. I said that the devs of those games actually put some effort into making it as good of a PC port as they can. The Crew is an open-world free-roaming game by Ubisoft, and it's much more optimized for PC because that's what more people are going to be playing it on, for once the console version of that will be a downgraded PC port rather then the PC port being a glorified console port. ACU was just a big dig into the console industries by Ubisoft with PC being a mere afterthought. There is NO denying this because that's the truth, Ubisoft has admitted to it and is now trying to "fix" their PC version issues.

"Rawr XD"

When I first installed the game with no updates it stuttered like hell,  almost unplayable. I tried every Anti-Aliasing options...same results.. running 290x in Crossfire

Then I believe I updated to the 1.4 patch, and had the latest AMD driver (which was suggested to improve farcry 4 performance and it did)

I also followed the FXAA instruction provided in a thread published earlier in linustechtips.Now Unity runs very smooth.

When I first installed the game with no updates it stuttered like hell,  almost unplayable. I tried every Anti-Aliasing options...same results.. running 290x in Crossfire

Then I believe I updated to the 1.4 patch, and had the latest AMD driver (which was suggested to improve farcry 4 performance and it did)

I also followed the FXAA instruction provided in a thread published earlier in linustechtips.Now Unity runs very smooth.

i actualy made this thread a while ago but people didnt got the memo so now it's on video so you guys can just provide a quick link to it!

This was the original thread i made:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/265290-assassins-creed-unity-correct-settings-for-best-visualsperformance/

was made on december 6 2014.

I never said that they are more or as demanding as Assasin's Creed. I said that the devs of those games actually put some effort into making it as good of a PC port as they can. The Crew is an open-world free-roaming game by Ubisoft, and it's much more optimized for PC because that's what more people are going to be playing it on, for once the console version of that will be a downgraded PC port rather then the PC port being a glorified console port. ACU was just a big dig into the console industries by Ubisoft with PC being a mere afterthought. There is NO denying this because that's the truth, Ubisoft has admitted to it and is now trying to "fix" their PC version issues.

i do own the crew as well and to be honest i'm not sure if the optimisation is any better because the game looks ridiculously bad and poorly detailed when compared to assassin's creed unity.

Their both open world, but NPC counts differ greatly, and can't really be compared...

I'm happy to say I can run it pretty flawless with the latest AMD Omega driver, bringing average FPS up from 30-40fps and spikes higher/lower,....to 45-65fps pretty consistently now.

And your right about FXAA, this is the only game so far that makes it comparable to SMAA in effectiveness.

The Omega drivers performance boost also allowed me to be quite playable at VSR's 3200x1800 (Hardly any unplayable drops) but a nice average 30-35fps, and I have not lowered detail yet.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Their both open world, but NPC counts differ greatly, and can't really be compared...

I'm happy to say I can run it pretty flawless with the latest AMD Omega driver, bringing average FPS up from 30-40fps and spikes higher/lower,....to 40-65fps pretty consistently now.

And your right about FXAA, this is the only game so far that makes it comparable to SMAA in effectiveness.

yes it looks really good with FXAA where as most other games it looks funky and blury i almost never use FXAA but the implementation of this here is flawless IMHO...something that should be implemented in EVERY future PC games honestly...i'm tired of having to run 4xMSAA for the games to look this good.

i actualy made this thread a while ago but people didnt got the memo so now it's on video so you guys can just provide a quick link to it!

This was the original thread i made:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/265290-assassins-creed-unity-correct-settings-for-best-visualsperformance/

was made on december 6 2014.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your effort :) 

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your effort :)

you are very welcome!

I just played this game today on my Phenom II x4 960T and R9 290. It was flawless.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I play at 1440p so I doubt I can run at those settings

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii