[Build Log] Vulpes - Parvum Systems S2.0 Custom Acrylic Tubed Watercooling mATX PC

Random_her0

stellar, reminds me of the titanfall parvum build. Putting the GPU vertical definitely gives the build its own creative flare, I was skeptical of using ITX but the way you managed the space fills out the case really well. Impressive sir.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

MAN, THIS... THIS...

IS GLORIOUS!

Thank you, sir

stellar, reminds me of the titanfall parvum build. Putting the GPU vertical definitely gives the build its own creative flare, I was skeptical of using ITX but the way you managed the space fills out the case really well. Impressive sir.

I figured with the tubing and the larger GPU the spacing wouldn't be an issue. Adding the cables will also fill some of the blank space

Custom Watercooled Parvum Systems S2.0: Vulpes

Combining spare parts into something worthy: Frankenstein

BitFenix Phenom gaming powerhouse: Blood in the Snow

Great job, man. When you are done, you should try to get some glory pics taken. I know a few companies would love to see more from you at this rate.

Working on it! Will be buying a macro lens to go with my 50mm next month and I'll actually take the time to set up a mini set to take good quality pics.

Are the filters on the top just placed on top of the case?

Yup, just popped them on for now, still looking at some options there. The top fans are intake, but I don't really want to put them between the radiator and the case, as that will be a pain to take them out and clean, and top mounting them as they are now just looks... messy.

I'll figure it out ;)

nice build :) subbed

Thanks a lot :)

post-5978-0-90504000-1425405296_thumb.jp

Happy to say I've officially launched a website!

it can be found at www.metamorphosis-computers.com

This hasn't just been a hobby of mine, it's been a passion and I'm excited and hopeful that I'll be able to fund this hobby through my site. I'm looking to start building custom PCs for others and share what I've learned

I'd appreciate you having a look and giving any feedback on how I could improve it!

post-5978-0-90504000-1425405296_thumb.jp

Did you just drill a couple of holes into the backplate of your gpu to attach them to the holders?

Arby The Raisin Boy ~ Utopia

Did you just drill a couple of holes into the backplate of your gpu to attach them to the holders?

Didn't need to. The mounting holes for the GPU backplate lined up, I just needed a slightly longer screw to make up the difference.

The website looks really nice! I'm assuming you used Squarespace because I was just looking at making a site for cable sleeving. It was too expensive but will just use eBay for now. It looks really nice but when I try to click the "here" link on the home page, it says "couldn't find the page you were looking for." Also, your photography is glorious :)

The website looks really nice! I'm assuming you used Squarespace because I was just looking at making a site for cable sleeving. It was too expensive but will just use eBay for now. It looks really nice but when I try to click the "here" link on the home page, it says "couldn't find the page you were looking for." Also, your photography is glorious :)

Thanks so much for the feedback, I'll fix that broken link ASAP (I know what I've done. I'm an idiot :P ).

I'm looking to get a macro lens this weekend for some finer detail, and also getting a little set put together for full build photos.

And you are correct, I used SquareSpace. I have some experience coding with HTML but didn't need any of that, it truly is super simple. #OfferCodeLinus ;)

Sleeving is the next thing I want to get in to. Not to seel separately but to have as an option to my builds rather than outsourcing (I know a great cable guy). I'd love any advice you could give me on it.

Mhmmmmmmm macro lenses lol. I'd love to give you tips on cable sleeving but I haven't started yet since the site I'm getting all the supplies from doesn't have the main tool I need in stock. How much do you think it would cost for a small photo booth just for like components? I would like to get into photography because I just now realized how bright my Nexus 5 shines when exposed to extreme lighting (dat pun) lol

Mhmmmmmmm macro lenses lol. I'd love to give you tips on cable sleeving but I haven't started yet since the site I'm getting all the supplies from doesn't have the main tool I need in stock. How much do you think it would cost for a small photo booth just for like components? I would like to get into photography because I just now realized how bright my Nexus 5 shines when exposed to extreme lighting (dat pun) lol

My plan is pretty straightforward. The macro will cost me around $200.00, I bought some medium-sized LED spotlights ($150 for two, tripods included). I'll buy some black sheets to drape over a table and hang from my wall to create a completely black background. 

May seem a bit ghetto but should work!

I also have the Nexus 5, and while I love it, it can't take photos for shit.

Waiting on some of the final parts to arrive for Vulpes, and decided to being work on my next build. Here's a little teaser:

post-5978-0-65993900-1425660716_thumb.jp

More to come from Vulpes, and ^^ soon

A few people around the web have asked about connecting the vertically mounted GPU to the mobo, and the solution is actually pretty straightforward.

I've always been annoyed at how one of the most beautiful parts of the build (the GPU) is hidden and all you can see is the backplate/PCB and so I'm committed to avoiding that as much as possible, and a few handy items, as pictured below, can help with that.

post-5978-0-00997100-1426008813_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-79241500-1426008819_thumb.jp

The right angle PCIe x16 adapter allows vertical mounting, the PCIe riser allows distance to be had. 

More coming soon!

Check out www.metamorphosis-computers.com for some more pics + info

• 2 weeks later...

post-5978-0-46016000-1426774012_thumb.jp

Update 10!

First off, apologies for not having posted recently. I've been busy with lots of work and troubleshooting some other PC issues, but things are back on track.

In this post, I'll be showing the custom sleeved cables that are now complete! I opted to maintain the orange + black colour scheme with the cables while teaching the white. The reason for this is that I believe the white, particularly on the 24-pin, would've been lost against the white motherboard tray. To replace this, a light grey was added.

I should be adding another post soon (probably tomorrow) which will show what everything looks with the loop filled. I'm contemplating putting up a video showing the loop being filled, so let me know if that's something you'd be interested in seeing.

Hope you enjoy :)

post-5978-0-30935300-1426774318_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-50024700-1426774335_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-83821600-1426774349_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-91355900-1426774369_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-22806700-1426774398_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-16135800-1426774419_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-32517300-1426774435_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-46550600-1426774476_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-56668000-1426777745_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-67666600-1426774456_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-35374600-1426774497_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-44823000-1426867150_thumb.jp

Update 11!

Loop has been filled. The orange is really bright, and at first I thought it was a little overwhelming but now I'm totally into it.

Now, everything isn't complete so the loop'll need to be drained again but it's all pretty much coming together. I'll probably do some PSU painting this weekend as well as some smaller things that need tidying.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

post-5978-0-95785300-1426867311_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-74510600-1426867332_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-48697600-1426867348_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-89487900-1426867383_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-08824700-1426867411_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-60326800-1426867425_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-35411300-1426867446_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-00710100-1426867469_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-67471700-1426867488_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-71460000-1426867503_thumb.jp

post-5978-0-05764800-1426867523_thumb.jp

Looks fantastic! You should sleeve the pump wires then some more pictures and it will be perfect. This reminds me a lot of Project Orange Horizon.

Funny you mentioned that as it was one of (many) Parvum builds that I took inspiration from. Thanks for the comment, I certainly plan on getting them covered up

There's a reason I haven't updated this for a while, and it's a good one.

It may or may not have something to do with an interior layout change and a Titan X.... just maybe ;)

This build is amazing. 

I really like orange and the GTX 690

94f.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

An idea of how things have changed. + cat.

What are you going to change exactly? I've looked back through your posts a bit but I couldn't find it. I can just see that you've removed the GPU.  ^_^

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

There's a reason I haven't updated this for a while, and it's a good one.

It may or may not have something to do with an interior layout change and a Titan X.... just maybe ;)

What are you going to change exactly? I've looked back through your posts a bit but I couldn't find it. I can just see that you've removed the GPU.  ^_^

there :P

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III