Fiio E10K with AKG K240 MKII

Markova

hey guys,

I'm getting the AKG K240 MKII headphones soon. I'm going to use them with my desktop Pc. My motherboard uses a Realtek ALC892 chip. Do you know if I need an amp for these headphones?

If I need one I would like to get the Fiio E10K but please tell me if you know about a better option :D

Thank you!

it's time for some jolly cooperation!

The fiio e10k is a great amp/dac for its price but you don't need one for akg k240, but they can benefit from one somyou can buy the ne later if you want

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I second this. Unless something is broken, at which point Syba Dac. 

nothing is broken so no actual need for now. why do you recommend the syba dac over the fiio e10k? is there any advantage in the syba vs fiio? they are the same price here

nothing is broken so no actual need for now. why do you recommend the syba dac over the fiio e10k? is there any advantage in the syba vs fiio? they are the same price here

It does more stuff. 

It does more stuff. 

other than a additional mic input I do not see more stuff on the product pages.  both the e10k and the syba cost aroun 70€ and the e10k looks like it's better build and has a nicer design.

but all in all I do not have to worry about that now. Onboard is fine and I'm happy to save some money here and there :P

other than a additional mic input I do not see more stuff on the product pages.  both the e10k and the syba cost aroun 70€ and the e10k looks like it's better build and has a nicer design.

but all in all I do not have to worry about that now. Onboard is fine and I'm happy to save some money here and there :P

If they're the same price I would go for the fiio. The syba is usually about half the price over here. 

If they're the same price I would go for the fiio. The syba is usually about half the price over here. 

yeah I saw it on amazon uk for half the fiios price but I'm in germany.

Can't you ship it from the UK?

I could but I prefer ordering stuff from germany so if I have to rma it or send it back it's quicker, easier and less expensive :)