Why does everyone and their mother use PCPartPicker?

Go to solution Solved by RyomaSJibenG,

use PCPP just for planning and getting opinions whether the build is good or not

then i go to local store to get what i need, or order them from available source

Isn't it much better to get an entire build from the same retailer? Say you get all the parts from Newegg, much easier. Also if use ppp you pay shipping for each part from a different store so that may come to add up more anyway in total price.

Also the website name just has too many P's, ppp

pcpartpicker calculates shipping and taxes as well as gives you the best price which you can use to price match at a local store

as well as giving you an estimated power draw

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

PCPartPicker is easy to use, has basically all the parts ever, you can save lists.. It is just a useful tool for first planning a build. Of course, prices are not going to be exactly accurate, but you will just have to take that into account. 

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

it is an easy way to find the cheapest reseller and power consuption and if the parts are compatible

I use PC parts picker for the purposes of showing my build to others, then just buy all the parts from OCUK. Not the 'cheapest' option on PC parts picker.

Isn't it much better to get an entire build from the same retailer? Say you get all the parts from Newegg, much easier. Also if use ppp you pay shipping for each part from a different store so that may come to add up more anyway in total price.

Also the website just has too many P's, ppp

I think its makes it easier to look at the build because its organised nicely -there's links and everything.Plus you can make it so it only takes prices from one retailer if that bothers you.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

it easier to navigate and share with whoever is asking for a build and they can see if they can re-build the build with their retailer but if i'm building something for myself i'll just use the site i'm going to buy from.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Mhmhm, okay as a parts list/organiser I get it...

1) there is no retailer in existence that has all PC parts

2) the best prices for parts are from many different retailers, since every place has a different price, sales, discounts, etc...

3) pcpartpicker finds the best prices, has all the pc parts, from all the retailers, has options to narrow down your search results, allows you to compare prices, features, and products from different manufacturers from different stores, calculates shipping, taxes, total price, discounts, sales, rebates, total build price, etc...

basically buying everything from a single retailer makes you pay way more than you need to, but this is also an option that pcpartpicker allows you to choose.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

its da best, reasons above

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

My mom doesn't use PCPartPicker..

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I don't actually use it to purchase anything (thought it has the option to grab all from single site I think) but it's a good place to put together the system and share it while getting a rough idea on the budget and power requirements and such.

Though I must agree it includes an unacceptable overuse of the letter P

-------

Current Rig

-------

My mom doesn't use PCPartPicker

:D

• 1 year later...

PCPartPicker is missing a lot of parts, and isn't always accurate but it's the only listing platform available.

use PCPP just for planning and getting opinions whether the build is good or not

then i go to local store to get what i need, or order them from available source