Asus PB278QR?

Has anyone had any experience with this specific monitor? I can't seem to find a review on it yet. I'm mostly concerned with the backlight bleed and the input lag on this thing. Thanks in advance.

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

Bump

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

You linked the PB278Q model , i was referring to the PB278QR :3

You linked the PB278Q model , i was referring to the PB278QR :3

OH sorry. http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/15515-asus-pb278qr-pb278q-2014-review-semi-glossy-pwm-flicker-free-8-bit-ahva.html Here is a comparison review.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I think it's really new still :(

I'm guessing this means " wait out until more people get their hands on the monitor and we see more reviews coming out" ? :P

I've had the 2014 PB278Q for a few months now, which is basically the same thing as the PB278QR minus a couple display modes.

I've noticed a couple issues that I haven't been able to pinpoint if it's the monitor is at fault. One is I occasionally see flickering pixels when looking at certain images. They're very erratic in nature. I'm not sure if it's my GPU, DVI-D cable, or the monitor itself. Similarly, when using DisplayPort and letting it go to sleep, it required to be unplugged and plugged back in before it would actually wake. I think I read something about the EVGA GTX 970s having some DisplayPort issues though so that could've been the cause of that. I also had some light bleed on the lower right corner which I managed to fix by taking off the bezel and strategically placing some electical tape where it'd apply more pressure to the panel, eliminating the bleed almost entirely. Another thing to note is that this panel does exhibit quite a bit of glow, so make sure you're looking at it head on (eyes meet middle of display) for the best results.

Aside from those few issues, it's been an incredible display. I really lucked out when I thought I was getting the PLS version but ended up with the AHVA panel instead. I just got a Spyder4Pro which says it covers 100% sRGB after calibration. I don't have the delta-E values since I don't have the elite version, but I am considering upgrading.

I'm guessing this means " wait out until more people get their hands on the monitor and we see more reviews coming out" ? :P

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/15515-asus-pb278qr-pb278q-2014-review-semi-glossy-pwm-flicker-free-8-bit-ahva.html

Pretty decent write up.  

I was considering one myself since I just upgraded to a 980 Strix.   I'd ROG Swift but their never in stock and more pricey then i'd like.

From that review it seems as though the ASUS PB278Q with its Samsung PLS panel performs better as far as contrast is concerned.

ASUS PB278Q (PLS) Contrast: 950:1

ASUS PB278QR (AHVA) Contrast: 550:1

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I think it's really new still :(

It was mentioned awhile back, but from my understanding ASUS was only going to release it in countries like Australia, UK, but not the USA or Canada unfortunately for you guys. :(

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

From that review it seems as though the ASUS PB278Q with its Samsung PLS panel performs better as far as contrast is concerned.

ASUS PB278Q (PLS) Contrast: 950:1

ASUS PB278QR (AHVA) Contrast: 550:1

That contrast value you pulled (550:1) only occurs when the monitor is set to User color mode, which is not recommended. If it's set to standard, it's 775:1. Still lower than the PLS - this is one area the update is worse in. It does, however, improve significantly in others, like input lag, color accuracy and a lack of PWM flickering. Tbh the biggest disappointment about this monitor is the lackluster displayport performance. The black bezel doesn't bother me as much as it seems to that reviewer.

It was mentioned awhile back, but from my understanding ASUS was only going to release it in countries like Australia, UK, but not the USA or Canada unfortunately for you guys. :(

The U.S. got the monitor in the form of a silent update to the existing PB278Q under the same model number. I bought mine completely expecting PLS with PWM flickering and was puzzled when it didn't have it. Lo and behold, I had a new "2014 edition" version - almost exactly the same as the PB278QR minus a couple splendid display modes (and one other OSD setting I believe). Asus is hands down the worst tech company when it comes to customer communication.