Monsoon Fittings

Hi guys, 

has anyone had experiences with monsoon fittings? I'm looking at them for my watercooling endevour towards the end of this year. What I know so far:

They are sexy as fuck

They are cheaper than bitspower fittings (which were another of my preferred options)

They allow you to check how close the hose is to the base of the fitting (how secure the link is and if it's likely to leak)

What're your thoughts?

bchampion96 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I still prefer these Bitspower fittings.

attachicon.gif1.pngattachicon.gif2.png

Just because of the looks? I'm more partial to the monsoon ones. Any reason they are better? Those are pictures of singularity computers builds, so I know he likes them and I trust his opinions as well. With fittings, money stacks up quickly, so I'd prefer to save money if I can

Just because of the looks? I'm more partial to the monsoon ones. Any reason they are better? Those are pictures of singularity computers builds, so I know he likes them and I trust his opinions as well. With fittings, money stacks up quickly, so I'd prefer to save money if I can

I'd rather spend a few dollars more to have a part that won't need upgrading and looks better

There isn't any need for having the ability to "check how close the hose is to the base of the fitting", anyway

I'd rather spend a few dollars more to have a part that won't need upgrading and looks better.

Why do you think bitspower fittings won't need upgrading and monsoons won't? You also seem to have a problem listening to other people's opinions. I prefer the look of monsoon fittings. Your response is reminding me of when you tried to force crystal link on me. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26219-best-clear-tubing/?hl=%2Bbest+%2Bclear+%2Btubing

Why do you think bitspower fittings won't need upgrading and monsoons won't? You also seem to have a problem listening to other people's opinions. I prefer the look of monsoon fittings. Your response is reminding me of when you tried to force crystal link on me. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26219-best-clear-tubing/?hl=%2Bbest+%2Bclear+%2Btubing

I'm not sure how I'm "forcing" it upon you. It doesn't make sense to save a few bucks on watercooling components when they're things that won't need to be changed like a GPU would. You asked to hear my thoughts and I told you them

Forgot to mention that neither of those fittings will likely ever have to be replaced; at some point, watercooling will simply become obsolete, with all of the SFF technology that's being developed that won't require cooling, not even with fans, let alone water

I'm not sure how I'm "forcing" it upon you. It doesn't make sense to save a few bucks on watercooling components when they're things that won't need to be changed like a GPU would. You asked to hear my thoughts and I told you them.

It always makes sense to save money if there's no negative impact on doing so. While I appreciate you giving me your opinions on stuff, I think you could do it in a less oppressive manner. Give your opinion, with reasons and then don't try and persuade someone to a different way of thinking. Give people evidence and let them make their own decision based on the facts presented.

No hard feelings, man.

It always makes sense to save money if there's no negative impact on doing so. While I appreciate you giving me your opinions on stuff, I think you could do it in a less oppressive manner. Give your opinion, with reasons and then don't try and persuade someone to a different way of thinking. Give people evidence and let them make their own decision based on the facts presented.

No hard feelings, man.

Of course it's great to save money, but not when it's a small amount that sacrifices a build's look. If the monsoon fittings look better to you, then it'll probably make more sense to go with those since it's ultimately meant to look good to you

I did give my opinion along with reasons. Why can't we persuade others in to agreeing with us? It's not like I'm saying "agree with me OR ELSE", I told you why I liked Crystal Link and Bitspower fittings better than their alternatives, and if you don't agree with me, feel free to state why or ignore the post

I've used monsoon fittings in the past and my only complaint with them is that they don't get quite as good a grip on the tubing as other companies.  I can pull tubing out of a completely attached monsoon compression fitting but I can't out of most of the others.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

I've used monsoon fittings in the past and my only complaint with them is that they don't get quite as good a grip on the tubing as other companies.  I can pull tubing out of a completely attached monsoon compression fitting but I can't out of most of the others.

Aha! That's the kind of response I was looking for. How easy is it to do? That's sounding like a deal breaker to me

I've used monsoon fittings in the past and my only complaint with them is that they don't get quite as good a grip on the tubing as other companies. I can pull tubing out of a completely attached monsoon compression fitting but I can't out of most of the others.

That's the same complaint I had about them :d I had a few leaking problems with them

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

That's the same complaint I had about them :D I had a few leaking problems with them

Damnation. I'll be back on the hunt for fittings then :P Thanks guys 

Damnation. I'll be back on the hunt for fittings then :P Thanks guys

No problem :d

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

They are very good fittings and easy to use, nice colours too. I plan on changing my xspc barbs for some monsoons soon.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/18349/ex-tub-1723/ModMyToys_Carbon_Fiber_Enhanced_Compression_Fitting_-_38ID_x_58OD_-_Modders_6_Pack_White_MMT-CFF-WH-BK-3858-6.html#blank

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Aha! That's the kind of response I was looking for. How easy is it to do? That's sounding like a deal breaker to me

Sound like you already got your answer but it's not too difficult to remove the tubing from them.  It takes some effort but not a whole lot.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

I use monsoon fittings. I love their free center compression fittings over their angled fittings, it's hard to fit them in tight spaces and sometimes may not look as good as other angled fittings.

But yeah... love them =]

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I find bitspower fittings to look really good but I think Swiftech makes better fittings. Plus, getting a tube on a bitspower fitting is a pain in the butt compared to the Swiftech ones. I'd suggest the Swiftech fittings over Monsoon and they are the same price. 

• 1 month later...

I was looking at getting these fittings too. I have seen on here that the only problem with them is that they are not extremely tight, what if you put 1/2" pipe onto 3/4" barbs, it would mean using hot water to stretch the pipe onto the fittings (like Linus does to get the pipe onto the pump he uses), would that not solve the problem? I realise that by doing this you are restricting the LPH (litre per hour), but would a noticeable performance difference? If so could you solve it with a more powerful pump?

The main reason I am looking at monsoon fittings is because of the greater colour variety then bitspower, I want either white or blue (or maybe both) to match my white aerocool X-Predator white case and blue board/lighting.

post-36802-0-65112900-1376431926.jpg

I was looking at getting these fittings too. I have seen on here that the only problem with them is that they are not extremely tight, what if you put 1/2" pipe onto 3/4" barbs, it would mean using hot water to stretch the pipe onto the fittings (like Linus does to get the pipe onto the pump he uses), would that not solve the problem? I realise that by doing this you are restricting the LPH (litre per hour), but would a noticeable performance difference? If so could you solve it with a more powerful pump?

Over tightening these is usually more of an issue than under tightening.

I really wouldn't use tubing that's too small. You could damage the tubing by over stretching it.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Over tightening these is usually more of an issue than under tightening.

I really wouldn't use tubing that's too small. You could damage the tubing by over stretching it.

I didn't mean "not extremely tight" as in they don't tighten very well, other people have been saying that even when they are tight, they are still able to pull the tubing off. Linus uses tubing that is too small for the pump as seen in his "ULTIMATE "Overkill" Water Cooled.." video, he dips the tube in boiling hot water and streches it by putting long nosed pliers inside and opening them to loosen it and then pushes it onto the pump, maybe it works for him because it is good quality pipe, who knows. Lets say for a second that that was no issue, what do you think about the rest of it, would it solve the problem of the pipe being loose and having leaking issues and would the smaller tubing cause performance issues due to the LPH drop (which I assume you get, please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't mean "not extremely tight" as in they don't tighten very well, other people have been saying that even when they are tight, they are still able to pull the tubing off. Linus uses tubing that is too small for the pump as seen in his "ULTIMATE "Overkill" Water Cooled.." video, he dips the tube in boiling hot water and streches it by putting long nosed pliers inside and opening them to loosen it and then pushes it onto the pump, maybe it works for him because it is good quality pipe, who knows. Lets say for a second that that was no issue, what do you think about the rest of it, would it solve the problem of the pipe being loose and having leaking issues and would the smaller tubing cause performance issues due to the LPH drop (which I assume you get, please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks for the reply.

That's because @LinusTech doesn't bother to buy a $32 pump top in a $700+ loop... Inside of a $4000+ computer...

Never understood that. At any rate, its better to get compatible tubing. When you stretch the tubing like that you can really weaken it, especially if you over stretch it. The walls may become thinner around the barb so the compression part of the fitting will no longer fit it.

The fitting is designed for a certain tubing for a reason. If it was too small they could easily have increased the diameter during production.

In terms of flow rate, using smaller tubing gives a negligible loss in performance. Most of the restriction comes from blocks.

I mean, it works but its "ghetto" and there's no need in this case. Linus just wanted to save $30 in the vid.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

As far as the tubing being the wrong size for the pump. You can fix this issue by buying a pump top and using the correct fittings on that. They are fairly cheap so that's a better option.

I have some monsoon fittings that i recently got for my build (see sig) and I tried out connecting the hose to one of them and it was damn hard to get it off again. I had to dip it in hot water to loosen it up so that i could detach it.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||