Yoututbe 1080p 60FPS Studdering

W-L

Hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone knows of a fix for google chrome specially using 1080p@60fps studdering and dropping frames, I've tried a bunch of ways such as changing the plugins on flash, to re-installing flash and chrome to no avail. I'd appericate if anyone has a solution on this other than flash being balls on greater than 1080p@60fps since I know it's a limitation it has.

Works fine for me. I'm using Chrome Canary. Perhaps a reinstall would do the trick?

Works fine for me. I'm using Chrome Canary. Perhaps a reinstall would do the trick?

What's the difference between normal chrome and chrome canary?

Tried removing all related files and uninstalled and it's still giving me troubles on the majority of videos.  :angry:

Canary is the latest version of chrome meant for devs and comes with the latest features... it can be unstable at times.

Give me a second and I will test a video on my laptop with the normal chrome.

What's the difference between normal chrome and chrome canary?

Tried removing all related files and uninstalled and it's still giving me troubles on the majority of videos.  :angry:

Try to disable hardwareacceleration in google chrome, see if that helps

Edit: I use the "normal" google chrome, works perfect @60fps

Yep it's working fine on the normal version of chrome as well.

Video I tested:

edit: I have hardware acceleration enabled

Try to disable hardwareacceleration in google chrome, see if that helps

Edit: I use the "normal" google chrome, works perfect @60fps

It helps a fair bit and stops a lot of the sudden lag spikes and dropped frames but it's not smooth, almost like it's jittery every time there is any movement on the frame.

Yep it's working fine on the normal version of chrome as well.

Video I tested:

edit: I have hardware acceleration enabled

It's not every single video but that one seems to work well, but I know for sure almost nothing will work past 1440p or at 4k it just freezes up and lags like crazy.

It helps a fair bit and stops a lot of the sudden lag spikes and dropped frames but it's not smooth, almost like it's jittery every time there is any movement on the frame.

Let me guess. Amd graphicscard? :D

Try to upgrade your graphicscards drivers and disable the powersaving features for pci express in the energyprofile in windows.

A custom core clockspeed could also help (Msi afterburner (I don´t think amd cards support custom 2D clock speeds in msi afterburner)

I'm using a 7950 right now with smooth video play back enabled... found some where in the catalyst control center.

I know for sure almost nothing will work past 1440p or at 4k it just freezes up and lags like crazy."

-Your internet speed is the problem there.

Let me guess. Amd graphicscard?  :D

Try to upgrade your graphicscards drivers and disable the powersaving features for pci express in the energyprofile in windows.

A custom core clockspeed could also help (Msi afterburner (I don´t think amd cards support custom 2D clock speeds in msi afterburner)

Yeah AMD card, I check the windows power save setting and it was set as off already, I overclock my GPU using MSI after burner without any issues other than some flickering issues sometimes since I am using extended display.

I gave it a try using stock memory speed but overclocked core and it still no improvement same motion that's slightly jittery.

I'm using a 7950 right now with smooth video play back enabled... found some where in the catalyst control center.

I know for sure almost nothing will work past 1440p or at 4k it just freezes up and lags like crazy."

-Your internet speed is the problem there.

i'll give that a try.

what's your specs?
I know that I also can't view 60fps 1080p videos on youtube, it stutters. But 60fps 720p works just fine.
I assumed it was hardware related. I also have smooth video playback enabled in CCC (seems to be on by default)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Yeah AMD card, I check the windows power save setting and it was set as off already, I overclock my GPU using MSI after burner without any issues other than some flickering issues sometimes since I am using extended display.

I gave it a try using stock memory speed but overclocked core and it still no improvement same motion that's slightly jittery.

No not overclocking. Graphicscards have 2 different "speed" profiles.

While gaming the "speed" profile is set to maximum performance *high core clocks*

In idle, watching videos, the "speed" is lowered, because of not that intense graphics use to save energy *lowered core clocks*

You need to change the Idle "speed"/core clocks. But I think amd has disabled it to create custom "speed"/coreclocks in 2D(windows) or 3D(games) mode.

what's your specs?

I know that I also can't view 60fps 1080p videos on youtube, it stutters. But 60fps 720p works just fine.

I assumed it was hardware related. I also have smooth video playback enabled in CCC (seems to be on by default)

If I disable hardware acceleration on chrome it helps with dropped frames but still has motion that is slightly jittery and not smooth like it's on some videos. I'm using my secondary computer right now since I tore apart mine last week, it's a 5870 with a AMD 1055T. 

No not overclocking. Graphicscards have 2 different "speed" profiles.

While gaming the "speed" profile is set to maximum performance *high core clocks*

In idle, watching videos, the "speed" is lowered, because of not that intense graphics use to save energy *lowered core clocks*

You need to change the Idle "speed"/core clocks. But I think amd has disabled it to create custom "speed"/coreclocks in 2D(windows) or 3D(games) mode.

Yes I know what you mean by the idle speeds to save power vs higher clock rates during intensive use, and unfortunately CCC center removed the profiles options a long time ago so there is no control over it anymore.

If I disable hardware acceleration on chrome it helps with dropped frames but still has motion that is slightly jittery and not smooth like it's on some videos. I'm using my secondary computer right now since I tore apart mine last week, it's a 5870 with a AMD 1055T. 

same GPU as me then, that could be it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

same GPU as me then, that could be it.

The extended monitor also might not be helping since AMD has issues with it's idle states as vlkn' said previously.