Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I'd probably horribly under-utilize the i7 by building a mediocre gaming computer for my girlfriend. 

Planning on building an enthusiast system and this would be a great way to reduce the cost a bit.

I'd love to win this 6-cored processor! it would really help me and my sisters out when video editing and when I'm doing heavy work on my computer. Also I'm planning to upgrade my tower to an x99 motherboard, 16gb of ram, 250gb ssd, and 2. 1tb hdd's running in raid 1 and this core would be nice to add to it.

It would allow me to build a hackintosh :)

Computer Science Student

I'd use it for my workstation for Uni where I am currently experimenting with building android which runs much faster with multiple cores and fast CPUs!

I would really like just building a new system around such a high-performance cpu, and getting a great system, while still being able to afford it.

Oh the power it holds, I could edit 20 mlg videos simultaneously from COD with that.

I'd use it to render some beast videos for my youtube channel.

Merry Christmas!

I would use it for gaming and streaming games to twitch.tv

What would I use the i7 5820K for? Drop it into an X99 MicroATX board (probably the EVGA X99 Micro 131-HE-E995-KR) and put it to work as a dedicated editing, capture/streaming, benchamrking, and server PC. Replacing an old X79 i7-3820/MSI X79A-GD45 Plus based system that I have been using for most of that work for a while now.

For gaming, streaming, and capturing it's overkill, as most any decent mainstream high-end CPU/build would get that job done, especailly when using something like the AverMedia Live Gamer HD. However sicne it has the extra power to handle that, and more, why not use it?

I don't do a lot of video editing yet, but I will be in a few months, so hopping on the X99 bandwagon would help save time and streamline that process.

Benchmarking (mainly gaming) would be something the system would be used for a lot, since I do a lot of that for reviews and customers. It would sit in my "test bed" quite a lot I think, as the old X79 based system currently does.

I host a lot of game servers for local friends, family, and LAN parties. Working for your ISP lets you get away with such things. This is something I would also use a system built around the 5820K for quite a bit.

Last, and the most obvious reason, for winning the 5820K would be the money savings you could dump into another part. In this case, probably the DD4 RAM or motherboard, since I have all the other hardware needed for a full build on hand already.

Well, there you have it. Best of luck to everyone. =]

I would use the CPU to upgrade away from my Quad core duo and stay on the Intel platform since upgrading both my system and my parents system has become unaffordable to say the least.

Also if anyone knows of a way to convince older non tech savvy family members(so all of them) that they have to spend money to fix there old solution and no amount of nagging phone calls, complaints or sly inferences suggesting that I don't care about family will change reality. (Note they have not spent money on computer stuff since the family 386..roughly 20 years ago) Cause otherwise I'll probably cave, yet again, and just buy their $#!7 for them out of my pocket.

I can't be the only one that this happens to, since misery loves company let me know if you've got to deal with this sort of "stuff" too.

I would be able to upgrade from a pentium g3258 and do video editing.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I would definetely use it to build a new PC. The one that I actualy have is quite old and I need more power ! xD. I am currently doing some editing in premier and AE for my youtube channel so I wolud really enjoy the vast speed improvement.

About to go into University to do content creation this would be a massive improvement to my computer :)
Thanks in advance ;)

I'd use it to bring my intel rig back to life (currently has an i7 920 in it with a dead motherboard that i cant find a replacement for)

hep

Awesome, I'll be replacing my not-so-old 3570K if i ever win this, even though it's an insane overclocker.

If I win this cpu, I can build a new rig.