AMD drivers update to 14.12 not working.

Missioncode
Go to solution Solved by Missioncode,

Picks up the same drivers? :huh:

Please explain.

I'm confident that my solution will work, considering your problem is that Windows is preventing unsigned drivers.

Sorry I got it fixed.

According to this

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=182094&enterthread=y

2. Not removing (and hiding) the Microsoft KB 3004394 update

Some windows update broke this function or this driver so idk. But once I removed that update everything worked. 

I saw that AMD came out with a new update and I decided it was time to update my drives. 

So I use the autodetect and try and install them.

Didn't work.

So I decided I should uninstall all my old video card drivers and start fresh. I used uninstalled AMD CCC and the likes and ran "DDU" or Display Driver Uninstaller the recommended way with safe mode.

Still not working but I did start getting these messages. (see attached file)

Now I did some googleing and found that I should be able to suppress the signature check for drivers. (what the text in the back was for)

But even after I did this I get the same error about signature driver. 

When on the AMD forum and they seem to be about in the same spot.

So I thought you guys might have an Idea.

If you have any idea on what it could be let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

PS: And yes I have tried everything (listed) 2-3 times. 

post-1860-0-73904900-1418360945_thumb.jp

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Use that to uninstall

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

Be sure to run install as admin as well

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Thats what I used.

Didnt think of it as I am an Admin but will give it a try. 

Regardless, even with an admin account Windows doesn't give you full permissions unless you use the actual system admin which is hidden by default. As a result, at times it is required to run an install as admin (just by right-click) so things run smoothly.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Regardless, even with an admin account Windows doesn't give you full permissions unless you use the actual system admin which is hidden by default. As a result, at times it is required to run an install as admin (just by right-click) so things run smoothly.

Nope still same error as in pic. 

Nope still same error as in pic. 

Hmm that's strange, I just installed mine and no problems

Try asking AMD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

After POST press F8 to go to advanced startup/boot options,

Disable driver signature verification/enforcement and continue

Install drivers

Reboot.

Done! :)  Hope this helps.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

After POST press F8 to go to advanced startup/boot options,

Disable driver signature verification/enforcement and continue

Install drivers

Reboot.

Done! :)  Hope this helps.

Nope some how even after going into that mode it still picks up the same drivers. 

Nope some how even after going into that mode it still picks up the same drivers. 

Please explain.

I'm confident that my solution will work, considering your problem is that Windows is preventing unsigned drivers.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Please explain.

Sorry I got it fixed.

According to this

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=182094&enterthread=y

2. Not removing (and hiding) the Microsoft KB 3004394 update

Some windows update broke this function or this driver so idk. But once I removed that update everything worked. 

Sorry I got it fixed.

According to this

Oh right yes a Windows update is causing the problem. I've heard about the issue as well.

http://semiaccurate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8381

Glad you got it fixed. :)