Galax HOF WC edition to launch jan 2015! white water block+PCB

Jumper118

if your into white pc's then this might be your thing. it should look good on asus's new white board or add a bit of contrast to black boards. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Why do I expect it to smell like the dentist's office when it gets hot? :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

if your into white pc's then this might be your thing. it should look good on asus's new white board or add a bit of contrast to black boards. 

he looks so stoned holy shit

(Not to spread gimics) graphics cards should have RGB lighting so you don't have to choose cards souly on color.

HTID

Still wont buy one after the 780 my friend had caught on fire.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

What...

Can you elaborate on that slightly?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What...

Hot fire.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Hot fire.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Haha nice... Well no, he says his friends 780 caught on fire... The 780 is one of the most reliable GPU's out there at this point. What brand is his friends GPU? Aftermarket or Reference cooler?

Sounds like the heatsink was seated incorrectly, or it was OC'd way too much. Or perhaps he got really unlucky and his particular unit was defective?

I'm more of a fan of AMD GPU's, and even I call BS on that :P NVIDIA GPU's, even Galaxy ones, are not bad at all.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Haha nice... Well no, he says his friends 780 caught on fire... The 780 is one of the most reliable GPU's out there at this point. What brand is his friends GPU? Aftermarket or Reference cooler?

Sounds like the heatsink was seated incorrectly, or it was OC'd way too much. Or perhaps he got really unlucky and his particular unit was defective?

I'm more of a fan of AMD GPU's, and even I call BS on that :P NVIDIA GPU's, even Galaxy ones, are not bad at all.

Some of the HOF ones were able to ramp up insanely that the power delivery couldn't keep up and blew caps and set the pcb on fire.

Some of the HOF ones were able to ramp up insanely that the power delivery couldn't keep up and blew caps and set the pcb on fire.

Define "some of the HOF ones". Are we talking 5? 10? 300? How many reported failures? What percentage compared to total number of them sold?

What...

One of the transistors blew up. The PC wasn't turning on so we disconnected everything, The PSU worked. hooked cables up to the mobo, pc turned on. Then we hooked the GPU back up PC didn't turn on then a transistor exploded (pretty sweet to see). Then we called Galaxy, they said they will fix it since it was a problem with some if the HOF 780 cards. The card was never OC'd at all, it was brand new from the box.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

One of the transistors blew up. The PC wasn't turning on so we disconnected everything, The PSU worked. hooked cables up to the mobo, pc turned on. Then we hooked the GPU back up PC didn't turn on then a transistor exploded (pretty sweet to see). Then we called Galaxy, they said they will fix it since it was a problem with some if the HOF 780 cards.

Interesting. I hope they fully covered all damage (if there was any) to components, and replaced the GPU under warranty!

Still, I wonder how widespread the issue was.

Define "some of the HOF ones". Are we talking 5? 10? 300? How many reported failures? What percentage compared to total number of them sold?

Not quite sure the exact number but it was enough that they pulled them from the shelves according to this guy on Tom's.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2178361/sli-galaxy-78xnh5dv8pxv-geforce-gtx-780-hof-3gb-evga-superclocked-03g-2783.html

If you Google it you'll find some cases pretty easily. I think they fixed them already though.

Interesting. I hope they fully covered all damage (if there was any) to components, and replaced the GPU under warranty!

Still, I wonder how widespread the issue was.

Must have been a common thing since they said they have had a few of them back and Galaxy knew exactly which transistor it was. The thing that saved the PC was the EVGA PSU since the over voltage protection on the PSU tripped and turned everything off before anything really went bad. 

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

the slight transprarency it has makes it look cheap :(

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I'm still waiting on the AC HOF editions to hit shelves. I can't find the 970 anywhere, but you can buy the 980 directly from Galax it looks like. Makes me sad as I wanted to do a white theme build for my next PC

I'm going to try and get the HOF 970. 

Ready the valley thread. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

It looks pretty good. Maybe a little bit of black would have been good too though.