DEAN HALL Has Left The Building

Fourteen hours ago DayZ Mod dev Dean Hall posted on Twitter that he's looking for staff for his new shop called 'RocketWerkz'. So it is confirmed that he has left behind an unfinished DayZ to Bohemia Interactive Studios to work out.

Confirmed here:

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

and here:

https://twitter.com/rocketwerkz

k

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

As far as I know that was known for a long time now...
And he didn't really work on it himself for some time now, so I don't think it will change much!

Yea, i don't care.

He'll either hit big with some new game, and prove bohemia was holding him back, or he'll languish like dayz has

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

RIP, sad to see Dayz go.

Dean Hall was holding DayZ back more than anything, I've never liked him and he always has been someone who only cares for himself.

Good riddance, I hope his new studio fails.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Oh you!! :rolleyes:

Couldn't resist the urge. :D :lol:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Unless his new team can make something mind blowing, I'll stick with Rust.

I was suckered into buying DayZ by my buddies. And when Dean Hall stated ""I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept," he went on, "and I've always recognized that. It's not the perfect game; it's not the multiplayer experience, and it never can be, [with] the absolute spark that I want in it." It made me regret the purchase even more. The Dsync and mechanics of the game simply suck, Arma3 while is better still sucks IMHO. I have far more fun with Infestation Survivor Stories even if the hacking can be obvious from time to time (which game doesn't). But this leads to an opinion, and we all have one. This is just my 2 cents.

Good luck to Dean with his future endeavors. Maybe he will make "The Game" of all games. Only time will tell.

DayZ was never there, it's a disgrace of a game.

it should of just stayed a mod i think.

the support for arma 2 and arma 3 dayz mod is quite good

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I actually don't mind the Dayz Standalone, yet it still bothers me that the whole idea of the standalone was to have more expandability over the mod. The mod is still way ahead of the standalone and sadly will probably always will be  <_<

I'm not calling him a scammer. I simply just don't like Rocket. He is on the other side of the spectrum of Ubi/EA. Selling copies of the game before most features were present for an established and funded game dev company and then getting into fights with fans all the time when fans called out the unacceptably slow progress of the game after they sold all those copies. When multiple mods that started after DayZ standalone are more fleshed out than it you know there is an issue.

I think what you guys don't seem to understand is that DayZ Standalone is an entirely new game. the ArmA 2 mod was exactly that, a mod. It added some stuff on top of an old game, and there you had it. the Standalone on the other hand is a game built ground-up. sure, there was already an engine for it, but that's just the engine and developing kits. they've made new models for almost everything, they added new mechanics, the new inventory system, they added a brand new vehicle made from scratch, new weapons with excellent models, actual bullet drop and zeroing, diseases including prion diseases if you eat human meat, there's a good eating and drinking system, item degrading, item throwing, new ragdoll, and the list goes on.

The game has only been in development for two years. that's not a lot in dev time, and there has happened a lot in that time. And it's not like it's a big development team either. I don't understand the hate towards Dean Hall, he made a good mod, which then other people modded further on, and then he got a team, got help from Bohemia, and made a brand new game. And if you start complaining more about bugs: it's still in alpha. Beta is coming sometime next year. and if you start complaining "how can they sell an unfinished game??": It's called early-access for a reason.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

• 3 months later...

I'm not calling him a scammer. I simply just don't like Rocket. He is on the other side of the spectrum of Ubi/EA. Selling copies of the game before most features were present for an established and funded game dev company and then getting into fights with fans all the time when fans called out the unacceptably slow progress of the game after they sold all those copies. When multiple mods that started after DayZ standalone are more fleshed out than it you know there is an issue.

From the beginning Rocket said he would leave, he simply did what he was paid to do and left. 

DayZ was never there, it's a disgrace of a game.

Still going strong :D 

All the DayZ hate, by all the people who don't really know anything about the game. That about sums up this thread.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

All the DayZ hate, by all the people who don't really know anything about the game. That about sums up this thread.

DayZ is just one of those games you either love or hate, I bought the standalone, racked up quite a few hours with friends trying make it work. But for me it just doesn't.  I don't like it.  It's not beyond reason that there are others who feel the same.

This was the first time I have supported a WIP, usually I am old school and hold that you shouldn't charge for an unfinished product (looking at you ubisoft and EA),  I understood what I was getting into but this for me cements the ideology that you need to be 100% behind a product if you are going to ask other people to invest in it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Saw this coming. Its kinda sad though. They did spark a whole bunch of followers to mimic their game...though only a few of those games were completed as well.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I was enjoying DayZ mod in Arma 2 for quite a while but then I stopped because I found out that I don't really care about Zombies and so I started playing Wasteland mod instead which is a lot better in my opinion. You are still trying to survive and find better stuff or build base but you also can make better teams even with players you don't know if you join Opfor or Blufor. And if you want to kill everyone on sight? Just go Independent and play against odds.

Some friend were trying to convince me to buy DayZ standalone but I just couldn't find the reason to do it because it is still unfinished and Arma mod is superior.

I don't really care about Dean. He brought good concept for a game though but I think that others can make it better than him.

uhhh wut. This happend months ago.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Not shocked, he never struck me as the kind of person who could finish a project. Spent far too much of my life playing various dayz mods... So it's not as if I don't enjoy it. Its just that Hall never really seemed to have direction or purpose when it came to wrapped up the original mod or the standalone.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.