Your next delivery from Amazon could be delivered in 1 hour by bike!

XTankSlayerX

AH-Amazon-Phone-Logo-1.2.jpg

Amazon has a reputation for some extremely fast shipping deliveries, having announced testing of 1-hour delivery for shipments just earlier this year via drone deliveries called Amazon Prime Air, for certain items to be delivered within the hour in specific locations where the shipping option would be supported, if they can get the government to approve the use of drones over U.S. airspace for e-commerce. Now the WSJ reports that Amazon is going to be setting up deliveries by bike messenger for items requested and paid for in the one-hour shipping option for purchases within New York City. Having read this, is anyone else having memory flashes of watching that movie Premium Rush? No? I must be the only one.

The bike messengers will apparently be setting up shop and running the operations out of Amazon’s West 34th street warehouse, where Amazon has reportedly retrofitted the building to hold a lounge for the messengers to relax and wait in between deliveries. For now Amazon is merely doing Time Trial testing to see how fast the messengers can make it to certain addresses around the city, snap a photo and send it, and then return to the warehouse destination. The bike messengers are said to work shifts that last around 8 hours and will receive a $15 an hour pay wage, which is none too shabby for racing around the city delivering packages on a bike, but we suppose that also depends on how many hours they would end up working a week. The new service will be called Amazon Prime Now, a faster version of their already speedy Amazon Prime shipping service which gives consumers delivery of items in one or two business day’s time. The idea behind this delivery option for consumers is a way for Amazon to better compete with local retailers where people have that instant gratification of buying something as opposed to ordering online.

Source: http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/12/amazon-reportedly-looking-1-hour-delivery-via-bike-messenger-new-york-city.html

This is very cool and in some ways vetter than the drones. Generates more jobs and a kid fresh out of high school is more likely to say he works for Amazon making deliveries as well.

The nearest Amazon deployment center is actually an hour away here in Patterson, CA. They should do it here.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What If the guy falls, and then he brakes your new GTX 980, I think this is a bad, bad idea

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

So they went to premium bike delivery because drones were not approved

Generates more jobs as well, you get paid for peddling a bike and you get a work out!

Makes more jobs as well, you get paid for peddling a bike and you get a work out!

where do I apply xD

You'd never see this level of service with the USPS and their dodgy late tracking updates and failure to even knock on your door to deliver your bloody packages.

That's a pretty decent idea. Sure to have issues, but oh well.

Wait till someone starts mugging the bikers

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Generates more jobs as well, you get paid for peddling a bike and you get a work out!

Win win. You get speedy service and a free workout!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i live in saskatoon i i doubt it will be here, and there is snow all over the place here

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

What If the guy falls, and then he brakes your new GTX 980, I think this is a bad, bad idea

what if the delivery company throws your parcel into the back of a van and don't take care of it? i think thats a bad bad idea...

if anything happend like that though im sure they would alow you to return it or wouldn't deliver 

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

what if the delivery company throws your parcel into the back of a van and don't take care of it? i think thats a bad bad idea...

if anything happend like that though im sure they would alow you to return it or wouldn't deliver

I would assume whatever's being delivered is going to be in a hardshell case. Just like the drones.

I'm interested.. Except for the fact they'd be going from Indiana to the middle of Michigan.. Think that's more than an hour especially on a bike.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Whenever I order anything off prime I always get a completely unmarked car like a little Corsa or Ford Focus pull up and they literally only have my package in their car

its strange

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would assume whatever's being delivered is going to be in a hardshell case. Just like the drones.

I would assume that the guy can actually drive a bicycle. I can't even remember the last time I fell with a bike, that doesn't happen that often. It's the same as saying: "What if the delivery truck gets in an accident?"

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

I would assume that the guy can actually drive a bicycle. I can't even remember the last time I fell with a bike, that doesn't happen that often. It's the same as saying: "What if the delivery truck gets in an accident?"

Indeed, the chances are the same. Equal chance of you packages getting delayed, but i would assume by bike the delay would be much smaller of course.

The nearest Amazon deployment center is actually an hour away here in Patterson, CA. They should do it here.

Your profile pic gets me laughing every time I see it  :D

In Ireland? LOL

It can take a week or more with 2 day delivery.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

GPUs are well packed and protected in their original box, adding extra pacmaging from amazon, the bike itself would have to land on the box (pretty unlikely).

People handling parcels in parcel sorting warehouses could do more dmg. I worked in one and we were throwing stuff left and right. There i realised putting "fragile" on a box means shit :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

where do I apply xD

Requirement #1 - Be able to actually bike for 8 hrs. (Its actually killer on your legs uphill and 30 minutes of incline @ 20° makes my legs feel like limp spaggetti.)

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Requirement #1 - Be able to actually bike for 8 hrs. (Its actually killer on your legs uphill and 30 minutes of incline @ 20° makes my legs feel like limp spaggetti.)

:( welp I'll stick with my job

:( welp I'll stick with my job

I'm not saying you couldn't do it. ;)

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China