Corsair K70 or K70 RGB

Shevids1996
Go to solution Solved by Thony,

@Shevids1996 u pay for lights and maybe for new design to protect leds from failing (old K70 had some of them die)

U just need to answer yourself one question: Do u care about the looks of your keyboard?

Keyboard is beautiful, i still (after a month) drool over rainbow profile <3

U dont have to create own ones, just download many from corsair's forum.

However be aware of compatibility issues on some motherboards. Corsair still hasnt fixed it :(

U might experience slow system booting or lights not turning off after u shut down your pc (doesnt happen to everybody)

I really like the corsair K70 gaming keyboard but between the older keyboard with just the single colour(blue or red i believe)  and the current RGB model there is a steep price difference of at least $70 :blink: . I just need some advice on whether those extra $70 will actually make a difference or if I am just paying for some "pretty lights :wub: ". Money is not really an issue for me it's just that I was wondering  if there is a real performance upgrade from the K70 to the K70 RGB other than the lights that is worth spending the extra money on. Any other good mechanical keyboard(Cherry MX reds or browns preferable, no khail switches please) suggestions are also welcome as long as they are backlit. Thanks

Also as a special gift i will be giving away a free copy of insurgency on steam to the best answer just to make thing interesting :D B) .

Not worth it. Do you really want to pay so much more for just colours? You can use that money for games and such.

Considering you have the option, I would say go for the RGB option. In the long run $70 won't feel like a big deal when you know you got the best product in it's class.

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

Get the K70 (just ordered one)

I read through a lot of reviews about the RGB version and many people are facing software issues and bad MX switches

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Im not sure on this or not but I have been hearing a lot on reddit that the blue switch K70's have had a lot of problems with the LEDS. So try to keep clear of that if you can.

If you want them lights then go for it 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I would get the regulary k70. No way in 100 years that i would take the time to actually learn the software. I would properly end up getting a profile and never touch the software again.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

@Shevids1996 u pay for lights and maybe for new design to protect leds from failing (old K70 had some of them die)

U just need to answer yourself one question: Do u care about the looks of your keyboard?

Keyboard is beautiful, i still (after a month) drool over rainbow profile <3

U dont have to create own ones, just download many from corsair's forum.

However be aware of compatibility issues on some motherboards. Corsair still hasnt fixed it :(

U might experience slow system booting or lights not turning off after u shut down your pc (doesnt happen to everybody)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I know I want to get the RGB because lights are pretty :D .

I'm looking forward to having something to fiddle with and make some cool designs, especially because there's going to be LUA scripting available to design patterns.

Thanks a lot guys for all the replies, I guess I am going to go with the RGB K70, also congratulations to @Thony you have been selected as the best answer and have won a free copy of Insurgency for steam. But Nevertheless I really appreciate all your Responses. I will have more questions and giveaways in the future just like this Because i will be building a new system and will need your advice. Again thank you all so much

Cheers 

Shevi