Assassin's creed Unity correct settings for best visuals/performance!

i_build_nanosuits

Hey guys!

There's been a lot of shit talk about how assassin's runs and all...i've had a hard time at first with poor performance on my GTX 780 and core i7...until i've found the way to run this game PERFECTLY...

Here is what you have to do: Use FXAA, usualy this is blury and i don't like it, but for this game it's PERFECT (give it a try before saying it's shit ok, i swear to god)

So...i run it with FXAA, i have VSYNC turned on (smooter, do that as well)...

With a 3GB or more GPU comparable to a GTX 780 (so R9 290, R9 290X, GTX970 GTX 980...etc.) you should run this on:

Environment quality: ULTRA

Texture quality: ULTRA (lower this setting to high if you only got 2GB or VRAM on your card)

Shadow quality: HIGH (PCSS or whatever is called the higher setting for this is not worth it it sucks a lot of power for no good reason, leave shadows on high)

Ambient oclusion: HBAO+ or similar (i think for AMD GPU the equivalent is HDAO+ or the other way around i'm not sure...anyways)

Anti-Aliasing: FXAA (this is VERY important)

Bloom: ON

So guys, try these settings and let me know how you like it, for me the FPS are pretty much at a constant 60FPS (60hz screen here) and it SOMETIMES drop to 50 but not often, it's smooth and the game truly is beautiful.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

GTX 970 here

I have this settings too and the game runs above 50fps, usually at constant 60fps the whole time. I turn Bloom Off though.

Also to clarify, the game doesn't support SLI yet, and it has been patched 3 times since release, so please avoid the "totalbiscuit can't run it with dual 980" shitty comment since his vid is from launch like 2 weeks ago.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

GTX 970 here

I have this settings too and the game runs above 50fps, usually at constant 60fps the whole time. I turn Bloom Off though.

Also to clarify, the game doesn't support SLI yet, and it has been patched 3 times since release, so please avoid the "totalbiscuit can't run it with dual 980" shitty comment since his vid is from launch like 2 weeks ago.

and he forced MSAA in his testing...doing this bump my FPS down in the 30's and the game look nowhere near as good...i don't know how the game process the FXAA but it's doing a darn nice job and my guess is that it's where the optimisation time went...they should have offered only FXAA IMHO....

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Exactly, not only runs better but it looks better, FXAA is the way to go.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

looks better, FXAA is the way to go.

Said no1 ever until now...

Weird...

Might actually install it now (was sitting dormant un-installed until patched properly) and use these settings.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Weird...

Might actually install it now (was sitting dormant un-installed until patched properly) and use these settings.

Well it does, really, at least in this game...

Weird...

Well it does, really, at least in this game...

i absolutely agree...as i've mentioned i pretty much NEVER use FXAA it usually looks blurry and weird but for this game it's awesome...give it a try man!

i absolutely agree...as i've mentioned i pretty much NEVER use FXAA it usually looks blurry and weird but for this game it's awesome...give it a try man!

It plays pretty nice now...

Starting scenes (get the book and sword) is around 45-63fps (with dips to 40fps at times)

Gameplay after that (the small boy) gets a range of 35-65fps, usually sticking on the high side of 50-60fps :)

Pretty happy with that.

FXAA/High Shadows were the only changes I made (Disabling Soft-Shadows and 4xMSAA) Ultra this and that elsewhere...

^Stock 1040Mhz 290 clocks

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Wow! The only difference I'm using is the shadow pcss setting or whatever. Thanks for this

Yeah that took me from 44fps (standing still) to 30.4fps, disabled it for sure.

Maybe Ubisoft didn't know what SMAA was and thought it's the same as FXAA?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Meanwhile, my r9 270x cant deliver a satisfying gameplay even at low 1920x1080  :mellow:

Meanwhile, my r9 270x cant deliver a satisfying gameplay even at low 1920x1080  :mellow:

It could be a range of things... Like CPU/Drivers/General System stability and applications loaded at the time...

270x while isn't a powerhouse, should be able to manage 1080p without going to LOW.

Plus, 1600x900 isn't too far off and provides a nice boost.

even with Fxaa? i find that hard to believe...what cpu are you using?

How does this game run now. Btw I have a gtx 970

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Can run fine, Can run shit.

Do you have it?

I have it, but didn't install it until today, and a R9-290 @ my stock 1040Mhz is just under your cards ability, and I run it okay, Just don't be using MSAA and your fine. I'm running Ultra Spec without MSAA or Soft Shadows (High Shadows instead)

40-65fps (Usually on the high side of 50-60fps)

FXAA normally fucks up all games, the ONE game it's actually doing some good, is Unity.

You will be VERY VERY VERY surprised with FXAA's implementation here... like...holy balls FXAA is actually worthy for once, and enables you to keep FPS performance high enough to WANNA play the game :)

Do you have it?

I have it, but didn't install it until today, and a R9-290 @ my stock 1040Mhz is just under your cards ability, and I run it okay, Just don't be using MSAA and your fine. I'm running Ultra Spec without MSAA or Soft Shadows (High Shadows instead)

FXAA normally fucks up all games, the ONE game it's actually doing some good, is Unity.

You will be VERY VERY VERY surprised with FXAA's implementation here... like...holy balls FXAA is actually worthy for once, and enables you to keep FPS performance high enough to WANNA play the game :)

yes that's why i had to start this thread here because once i realised how great this game looks now with FXAA i had to share because a lot of people as said this game is poorly optimised

and stuff like that but they where simply using the wrong settings...and the game is quite fun as well the story is very nice...i'm only at 10% done now but i will finish it for sure.

Read below.

yes that's why i had to start this thread here because once i realised how great this game looks now with FXAA i had to share because a lot of people as said this game is poorly optimised

^This guy has a 780, close enough to the 970, him and I (290) run it fine, you will too :)

how about the folks who have the 770 and R9 280x? 

i would set these settings:

Environment quality: HIGH

Texture quality: HIGH (ULTRA for 280X since this card has 3GB of VRAM)

Shadow quality: HIGH (cut to medium if you don,t get enough frames)

Ambient oclusion: HBAO+

i would set these settings:

Environment quality: HIGH

Texture quality: HIGH (ULTRA for 280X since this card has 3GB of VRAM)

Shadow quality: HIGH (cut to medium if you don,t get enough frames)

Ambient oclusion: HBAO+

HBAO+ down one step gives back a bit too, But I'd wait until you find out how ^this^ goes @gilang01

Do you have it?

No I don't have it, but I can get this or FC4 once Amazon emails me the code for my 970.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

HBAO+ down one step gives back a bit too, But I'd wait until you find out how ^this^ goes @gilang01

Then you'll have to wait a few days since my internet is shit hahahaha (still downloading)

Ooo IMO thats a hard pick if you like both types of games...

If you were not fussed, and based it off expected performance, I'd go FC4 until Unity is patched further.

But both games are great fun in their own right.

No I don't have it, but I can get this or FC4 once Amazon emails me the code for my 970.

Ooo IMO thats a hard pick if you like both types of games...

If you were not fussed, and based it off expected performance, I'd go FC4 until Unity is patched further.

But both games are great fun in their own right.

i have both games and personally i prefer unity i think the game is really beautiful and fun so far and it only gets better as you progress.

But it's different for everybody i guess but now that unity is running all well and nice i really like it.

But also i have to say that i'm french so for me playing this game means something and i've been to Paris about 2 years ago and revisiting this place in 1791 for me is really mythic and it's also a factor for me liking this as much i think...it's beautiful and the game run's just fine i have no problem running it on ultra with FXAA at 60FPS (sometimes drop to 50 but 90% of the time it's pinned at 60FPS) and mid-range GPU's play this just fine as well i'm sure, perhaps maybe on high.

Vsync really helps getting smooth performance as well...the game won,t run as well without vsync.

The games run with 3048 mb of VRAM used for me at all time with ultra textures, i wonder how it run on a 2GB card i would like if somebody could answer this...does it stutter on ultra texture?