The under 100 line challenge!

fletch to 99

The goal here is to make a useful program, that an end user is capable of using, that is under 100 lines! Ofcourse anything near 100 lines is awesome too, try to keep it fairly close though!

Please either link your source (if using an external site like pastie or github:gist) 

or

use code tags for example:

[code]Code here[ /code]

Here are some of my programs:

Biology Protein acronym converter: https://gist.github.com/fletchto99/5786050
Official LTT Story generator: https://gist.github.com/fletchto99/5786808

Screen Snapper: https://gist.github.com/fletchto99/5788659

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

Pinned :)

Pinned :)

Thanks a ton! :) 

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

Here is my point slope calculator in Pascal. Sorry that I don't have it compiled yet (I'm working on my Windows machine, so I'm using my Linux PC)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gingersmathform/files/?

System: CPU: 4670k | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87MX D3H | RAM: 8gb 1600Mhz | Case:Corsair 350D | PSU: Corsair CX430, to be upgraded soon | GPU: HD4600, to be upgraded soon

Dogecoin: D787N1VP3JaK3wmKehWhqGXBvspZpQ4YFV

although i like the idea. do we keep copyright?

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

Under 100 lines... does that include comments?

This might be fun :)

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

At 105 lines, so close, so far away.

Edit: Remembered one, Distance Formula, Slope, and Mid Point calculator.

Made for mac. No link because I just don't feel like uploading it tonight.

Edited by xxTigerShark

My Rig: i5 3570k at 4.2 GHz 1.12 Volts, Hyper 212 Evo, Maximus V Gene, RM650, 840 Pro and Seagate Barracuda, 8 GB of Sniper Ram, and a GTX 770.

------------{asks user for number}-------------print("type a number")      local input = tonumber(io.read())----------{split number into digits within a table}----------- local Digit = {tonumber(string.sub(input, 1, 1)), tonumber(string.sub(input, 2, 2)), tonumber(string.sub(input, 3, 3))}local length = string.len(input)--------------{convert to number}--------------     local lengthNumber = tonumber(length)-----------{writing out the number}------------if lengthNumber == 1 thenif tonumber(input) == 1 thenio.write("One\n")endif tonumber(input) == 2 thenio.write("Two\n")endif tonumber(input) == 3 thenio.write("Three\n")endif tonumber(input) == 4 thenio.write("Four\n")endif tonumber(input) == 5 thenio.write("Five\n")endif tonumber(input) == 6 thenio.write("Six\n")endif tonumber(input) == 7 thenio.write("Seven\n")endif tonumber(input) == 8 thenio.write("Eight\n")endif tonumber(input) == 9 thenio.write("Nine\n")endendif (lengthNumber == 2 and Digit[1] == 1) thenif Digit[2] == 0 thenio.write("Ten\n")endif Digit[2] == 1 thenio.write("Eleven\n")endif Digit[2] == 2 thenio.write("Twelve\n")endif Digit[2] == 3 thenio.write("Thirteen\n")endif Digit[2] == 4 thenio.write("Fourteen\n")endif Digit[2] == 5 thenio.write("Fifteen\n")endif Digit[2] == 6 thenio.write("Sixteen\n")endif Digit[2] == 7 thenio.write("Seventeen\n")endif Digit[2] == 8 thenio.write("Eighteen\n")endif Digit[2] == 9 thenio.write("Nineteen\n")endendif (lengthNumber == 2 and Digit[1] == 2) thenio.write("Twenty")if Digit[2] == 1 thenio.write("One\n")endif Digit[2] == 2 thenio.write("Two\n")endif Digit[2] == 3 thenio.write("Three\n")endif Digit[2] == 4 thenio.write("Four\n")endif Digit[2] == 5 thenio.write("Five\n")endif Digit[2] == 6 thenio.write("Six\n")endif Digit[2] == 7 thenio.write("Seven\n")endif Digit[2] == 8 thenio.write("Eight\n")endif Digit[2] == 9 thenio.write("Nine\n")endend

LUA

this is my first real world application program, however it is not finished it only accepts integers 1-29., it probably could be under 100 lines, but i like to make my code readable. had trouble with the if, else, elseif and a few other small mistakes, but my friend Austin helped me out like the good friend that he is

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

Here is a converter that takes any US measurement (like feet or miles) and converts it into inches, feet, yards, and miles and displays them all to the user. Its really useful to do quick and easy conversions. It could easily be adapted to metric also.

https://gist.github.com/LernerProductions/5786703

I've updated one of my other programs making it more user friendly. Its the official LTT story maker! Found on this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20796-continue-the-story-by-adding-5-words-results/

Source: https://gist.github.com/fletchto99/5786808

~Fletch

Does a program which says "hi" in the command prompt count as useful?

I had to use a program to launch another program (that I wrote) and that sent commands to it.

Since the STDOUT and STDERR were catched in a pipe and used by the host program, I wrote this script to create named pipe to do real time debugging.

I just had to have it launched in another console.

Then is my program I just had to open the named pipe like a regular file and close it.

The code: http://pastebin.com/THNuTDDp

This was for Linux, I don't think Windows has named pipes.

My dream in life is to live of quality internet fiber and junk food.

This is a program I made in C# that allows a user to either search for 2 files that have the same name but have different extensions OR has a file with the first extension but not with the second one. Very useful when you're working with files that are (to be) converted from one format to another and the directory tree is huge.

using System;using System.IO;using System.Linq;namespace matchfinder{	class Program	{		static void Main(string[] args)		{			if (args.Length < 3)			{				Console.WriteLine("Not enough arguments supplied.");				return;			}			else if(!Directory.Exists(args[0]))			{				Console.WriteLine("Target directory doesn't exist.");				return;			}			int i = 0;			if (args.Length == 4 && (args[3] == "and" || args[3] == "not"))			{				FindMatchingFiles(args[0], args[1], args[2], ref i, args[3]);			}			else			{				FindMatchingFiles(args[0], args[1], args[2], ref i);			}			Console.WriteLine("Found a total of " + i + " matches.");		}		static void FindMatchingFiles(string basedir, string ext1, string ext2, ref int count, string op = "and")		{			string[] f;			try			{				f = Directory.GetFiles(basedir);			}			catch(UnauthorizedAccessException)			{				Console.WriteLine("Permission denied in " + basedir);				return;			}			foreach (string file in f)			{				string match = basedir + Path.DirectorySeparatorChar + Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(file) + ext2;				if (op == "and")				{					if (Path.GetExtension(file) == ext1 && f.Contains(match))					{						Console.WriteLine(String.Format("Found {0} and {1}",Path.GetFullPath(file),Path.GetFullPath(match)));						count++;					}				}				else if (op == "not")				{					if (Path.GetExtension(file) == ext1 && !f.Contains(match))					{						Console.WriteLine(String.Format("Found {0} without {1}", Path.GetFullPath(file), Path.GetFullPath(match)));						count++;					}				}			}			string[] d = Directory.GetDirectories(basedir);			foreach (string dir in d)			{				FindMatchingFiles(dir, ext1, ext2, ref count, op);			}		}	}}

here is mine: it is a small, simple paint program. it is written in assembly and it compiles to a 197 byte .com file(runs on dos and win32 and under dos-box on 64 bit windows). you can change the color by using the letter c and then pressing any of the numbers(1-8), you can also change the unit you're drawing whit by pressing r and then the letter you want to draw whit.

I also created a version that you can boot into(tested on virtualbox). it compiles to a .bin file and you need to make that .bin file to a .img file by using

cmd: copy /b whatever.bin  whatever.img, then you can boot using the floppy drive :D

herez the codez:

.com version: http://pastebin.com/RF1TBuAj(97 lines long)

boot version: http://pastebin.com/bmTT8HJS (103 lines long)

EDIT:

Here's another one I created, it's like the cpu-z Instructions part, but instead of giving you short list like:

"MMX,SSE,EM64T,AES jne..", Mine gives you the whole list. it is a 64-bit program , written in c++ and assembly:

https://gist.github.com/MRCeRi/62e872efed534af7c74d

Might come in handy:D

-The guy who you know as CeRi

I call this program: "Delete everything.. EEVERYTHING!!!". I can use dirent.h, right?  :)

I haven't tested the remove function before, so I'm not sure if this program actually works. But it does a pretty goddamn job at listing the files at least!

It will list all the directories and files that are in the working directory (and then continue to those directories recursively). So basically, it doesn't go to the "..\" and ".\" folders, because it just goes infinitely.

Here is the code. 51 lines yo!

#include "dirent.h"#include <iostream>#include <string>#include <vector>std::string get_working_directory() {    static size_t workdir_size = 500;    static wchar_t* workdir = new wchar_t [ workdir_size ]; // Yes, here's a memory leak. I was aware of this when I first wrote this function.    workdir = _wgetcwd(workdir, workdir_size);    std::wstring workdir_wstr = workdir;    std::string workdir_str;    workdir_str.assign(workdir_wstr.begin(), workdir_wstr.end());    return (workdir_str);}void read_directory(std::string _Directory) {    std::vector<std::string> readlater;    dirent* ent = NULL;    DIR* dir = opendir(_Directory.c_str());    if (dir == NULL) {        std::cout << "dir = NULL" << std::endl;        return;    }    while ((ent = readdir(dir))) {        switch (ent->d_type) {        case (DT_REG): {            // remove((_Directory + std::string("\\") + ent->d_name).c_str()); // UNCOMMENT AT OWN RISK - I did not even test this part. I'm too afraid, lol.            std::cout << _Directory + "\\" << ent->d_name << std::endl;            break;        }        case (DT_DIR): {            if (ent->d_name[0] != '.') {                readlater.push_back(_Directory + "\\" + ent->d_name);                std::cout << readlater[readlater.size()-1] << std::endl;            }            break;        }        }    }    closedir (dir);    for (unsigned int i = 0; i < readlater.size(); i++) {        read_directory(readlater[i]);    }}int main(int argc, char** argv) {    std::string directory = get_working_directory();    read_directory(directory);    std::cin.get();    return (0);}

What's my prize?  B)