Female Video Game Reviewer Contacts Mothers

Artificial Ignorance

Looks like she has been taken to court for it

http://www.eteknix.com/alanah-pearce-taken-court-contacting-mothers-trolls/

... is that real? I've never heard of that website before.

If so, I hope the judge literally stands up, gets out of his chair, walks over to the boy, and fucking slaps him across the face.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No way... That can't be for real.

If that's real then I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

... is that real? I've never heard of that website before.

If so, I hope the judge literally stands up, gets out of his chair, walks over to the boy, and fucking slaps him across the face.

Yeah, because beating a kid that don't behave works so well... Slapping him won't do any good, and neither will putting him in jail so that he ends up being raped like some of the comments on the article suggests. I am not sure what I think is the most stupid. The kid trying to sue someone for exposing what a little shit he is, or the person that suggests that the appropriate way to deal with 12 year olds making harmless "rape threats" on the Internet is to actually brutally rape them in real life.

What that kid needs is proper parenting (read: not violence).

I am 99% sure this is fake though.

Not sure, generally I trust the news on that site, they could have been given false facts

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah, because beating a kid that don't behave works so well... Slapping him won't do any good, and neither will putting him in jail so that he ends up being raped like some of the comments on the article suggests. I am not sure what I think is the most stupid. The kid trying to sue someone for exposing what a little shit he is, or the person that suggests that the appropriate way to deal with 12 year olds making harmless "rape threats" on the Internet is to actually brutally rape them in real life.

What that kid needs is proper parenting (read: not violence).

I am 99% sure this is fake though.

Obviously, violence is not the answer.

The kid needs proper parenting. But consider this: I don't know the specific Australian laws, but in most places, you need to be the age of majority in order to sue someone (Read: 18 in most places). That means that this kid isn't suing her, his parents or guardian (if he has one) is, on his behalf.

That means that his parents probably aren't doing a good job.

As far as I know though, there's zero legal precedence for this, so it's likely to simply get thrown out of court, or the game reviewer could counter sue and probably win.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Obviously, violence is not the answer.

The kid needs proper parenting. But consider this: I don't know the specific Australian laws, but in most places, you need to be the age of majority in order to sue someone (Read: 18 in most places). That means that this kid isn't suing her, his parents or guardian (if he has one) is, on his behalf.

That means that his parents probably aren't doing a good job.

As far as I know though, there's zero legal precedence for this, so it's likely to simply get thrown out of court, or the game reviewer could counter sue and probably win.

Zero legal precedence? If she exposed his identity to the media, then yes she can possibly be sued for defamation. Though that would probably fall back on the particular media outlets for not censoring identities.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

THAT FUNNY :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Zero legal precedence? If she exposed his identity to the media, then yes she can possibly be sued for defamation. Though that would probably fall back on the particular media outlets for not censoring identities.

She did not expose anyone's identity. In all of the tweets and posts she made, she clearly blanked out all names and user handles.

Not to mention that the person was using a Facebook account, posting to her Public Facebook page, and therefore there is no expectation of privacy - at least insofar as their username is concerned.

She did not expose anyone's identity. In all of the tweets and posts she made, she clearly blanked out all names and user handles.

Not to mention that the person was using a Facebook account, posting to her Public Facebook page, and therefore there is no expectation of privacy - at least insofar as their username is concerned.

Then she's fine and it'll be thrown out.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Then she's fine and it'll be thrown out.

Which is exactly what I said to begin with xD

it was satire, it was originally posted on a site with articles about how petat wants dragons age banned due the cruel depiction of dragons

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I'm sorry, how did she "find the families of here harassers"? Let alone find their phone number. That is about as creepy as the comments she was receiving....

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I'm sorry, how did she "find the families of here harassers"? Let alone find their phone number. That is about as creepy as the comments she was receiving....

Read the article.

Read the article.

I did, it says nothing about it. Here's what it says: "Pearce was easily able to find the families of her harassers and got in touch with their mothers." 

My question that you responded to with "read the article" was how did she find them....or their phone number? How do you easily find someone's phone number that you don't know. So my question is still not answered, and your response makes no sense. All we know is that she easily found them lmao.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I did, it says nothing about it. Here's what it says: "Pearce was easily able to find the families of her harassers and got in touch with their mothers." 

My question that you responded to with "read the article" was how did she find them....or their phone number? How do you easily find someone's phone number that you don't know. So my question is still not answered, and your response makes no sense. All we know is that she easily found them lmao.

Sometimes young boys on Facebook...

She has received a number of threats on Twitter and Facebook...

Read. The. Article.

Sometimes young boys on Facebook...

She has received a number of threats on Twitter and Facebook...

Read. The. Article.

Ya, I wasn't aware that people threw their numbers on their Facebook page.

For the 2nd time....I read the article.

So you're telling me that she went to multiple commenter's profile pages, then looked through their information to find their parents, then one of their parents just had their personal cell phone number sitting on their profile page? Yeah I don't really use Facebook much anymore, but to me that doesn't seem right. Unless that's a "thing" now where people put their phone numbers on their Facebook, and even if they did you would think it would only be visible to their friends.

I'm not Facebook guru but something seems off here, if you can't see where I'm coming from with this "easily obtainable personal phone number" then I don't know what to tell you.

P.S. Don't tell me to read the damn article, I had read it the first time.

Ya, I wasn't aware that people threw their numbers on their Facebook page.

For the 2nd time....I read the article.

So you're telling me that she went to multiple commenter's profile pages, then looked through their information to find their parents, then one of their parents just had their personal cell phone number sitting on their profile page? Yeah I don't really use Facebook much anymore, but to me that doesn't seem right. Unless that's a "thing" now where people put their phone numbers on their Facebook, and even if they did you would think it would only be visible to their friends.

I'm not Facebook guru but something seems off here, if you can't see where I'm coming from with this "easily obtainable personal phone number" then I don't know what to tell you.

P.S. Don't tell me to read the damn article, I had read it the first time.

You asked first about how she found their families, obviously confused as to how Facebook works in regard to friending family members. Then you asked how they got their personal information. 

Yes, that's exactly what she did. If you have used Facebook in the last 5 years there is a huge amount of general information that people can and do stupidly throw onto social media.

There was one time that I received a text message from some random girl saying how I looked cute and that she was horny. I asked her how she found my number, and somehow it had gotten onto Facebook. I hadn't ever knowingly put it up there.

You asked first about how she found their families, obviously confused as to how Facebook works in regard to friending family members. Then you asked how they got their personal information. 

Yes, that's exactly what she did. If you have used Facebook in the last 5 years there is a huge amount of general information that people can and do stupidly throw onto social media.

There was one time that I received a text message from some random girl saying how I looked cute and that she was horny. I asked her how she found my number, and somehow it had gotten onto Facebook. I hadn't ever knowingly put it up there.

I usually just check it every couple weeks, usually reply to messages and stuff, I definitely don't browse on it. I know it wouldn't be hard to display your phone number if you WANTED to on your profile, you could just add it to your info. Typically I thought most people hid that information, or at least had it only visible to their friends.

I wasn't "confused" about finding someone on Facebook. It's easy enough when people add each other as family members. It's just the phone number thing that seems weird to me......IMHO, especially since they were all women I think who she contacted, probably shouldn't have their phone numbers on their profiles. 

I guess I just don't think how some people do, if I was a woman I wouldn't be displaying my personal phone number publicly for anyone on the internet to see. Logically thinking that this is not something a woman would throw out on her public Facebook page is why I originally commented. I guess if people do that it makes sense, just seems weird to me.

Edit: Lols, that is pretty easy to find. The mothers must not have configured any of their privacy settings, unless they left it like that intentionally....I have mine set to certain people being able see it, not everyone. I guess it's "easy" if you have it set to public.

EPIC

Damn, I forgot that Heisenberg was on that show.