[Ikea] Markus Chair - $135/$159 (In Store)

Quantum

The Ikea Markus is on sale for $135 for the cloth version and $159 for the leather version. If you're in the market for a new chair, I think this should be the chair for you. Although some may say this is too much, you should spend a little more and save your back the trouble if you get a cheapo chair that you may replace frequently. But as always, you should test the chair in person to see if it   I'll be picking one up myself now that it's on sale from 11/26 - 12/23. All you have to do is sign up for their Ikea Family program which is free and you get the discount. In store only.   

Leather: 
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00103102/

markus-swivel-chair-black__69659_PE18485

Cloth: 
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20178865/

markus-swivel-chair__0107726_PE257343_S4 markus-swivel-chair__0107727_PE257344_S4

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Thank you... :D

You're welcome :D. Have you bought the chair? Tell me what you think about it if you did

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

You're welcome :D. Have you bought the chair? Tell me what you think about it if you did

YEAH! and its pretty awesome

The padding on the bottom is firm, but that's good so you're not sitting on wood/metal, and it slowly shapes itself.

You cant really lean back in the unlocked potion and keep it still even if its on the tighter setting. You can just lock it, scoot back, and have yourself a decent posture.

The lumbar support is padded and elastic, so it gives support and isn't annoying 

BUT when you do lean back, its amazing... i could sleep in this this if i wanted to. :D

It does NOT rattle (besides the wheels of course), for example, if you were to suddenly sit up from laying back, the back portion makes a solid thud, it doesn't jiggle or anything, its like the chair feels sure of itself ( its hard for me to explain but i hope you understand)

ALSO! 10-year Warranty! 

YEAH! and its pretty awesome

The padding on the bottom is firm, but that's good so you're not sitting on wood/metal, and it slowly shapes itself.

You cant really lean back in the unlocked potion and keep it still even if its on the tighter setting. You can just lock it, scoot back, and have yourself a decent posture.

The lumbar support is padded and elastic, so it gives support and isn't annoying 

BUT when you do lean back, its amazing... i could sleep in this this if i wanted to. :D

It does NOT rattle (besides the wheels of course), for example, if you were to suddenly sit up from laying back, the back portion makes a solid thud, it doesn't jiggle or anything, its like the chair feels sure of itself ( its hard for me to explain but i hope you understand)

ALSO! 10-year Warranty! 

That's good to hear  :D. I'll be picking mine up sometime this week! 

Had this chair for a few years, got the leather one, the price here isn't really a discount at all. Great chair though.

Had this chair for a few years, got the leather one, the price here isn't really a discount at all. Great chair though.

Really? The lowest I've seen it go is like $150 for the leather one and $130 for the cloth one sometime earlier this year. This price is closest to that sale earlier this year, unless the markus is cheaper where you live?  

Really? The lowest I've seen it go is like $150 for the leather one and $130 for the cloth one sometime earlier this year. This price is closest to that sale earlier this year, unless the markus is cheaper where you live?  

Mine was £119, stuff is usually more expensive in the UK but $159 is about £101, so meh.

Im good with my 5$ garage sale chair...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Mine was £119, stuff is usually more expensive in the UK but $159 is about £101, so meh.

In the US, the regular price of the Markus is $200 so a $41 savings is a pretty decent deal IMO.