From the people who give you epic deals, Now give you a epic keyboard!

XTankSlayerX

The Massdrop Infinity Keyboard

MD-3854_20141014190541_4238cc28a3f2a176.

A DIY Keyboard, choose a layout, choose your switches, and any case you want to fit your creation in!

"Some people will likely use this functionality to design layouts for various languages, so that you can program your keyboard to output Chinese or Japanese characters. Other people optimize their commands for programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and bind Function keys to specific filters or tools that they use every day. Still other people will do more out of the box things, like develop hardware passwords to evade keylogging software (you have the ability to create a layer that outputs a different password to your computer than the one that you physically typed). In addition, people that are fond of alternative layouts such as Dvorak and Colemak will be able to switch to their preferred layout easily, as well as switch back in case a QWERTY typist needs to use their keyboard."

15873476432_5edee59f1d_c.jpg

The PCB of the inifinity key

Keycaps

In terms of keycaps, we went with the community's favorite - Signature Plastic's DSA profile PBT keycaps. The community has ordered more of Signature Plastic's DSA PBT keycaps than any other keycap on Massdrop by a factor of 5. Also, on a long enough timeline, most enthusiasts tend to gravitate towards PBT anyways, so we decided to cut out the time you mull over ABS and just make the Infinity available with the good stuff.

Switches

When it came to switches, we wanted to make sure the community had full control. So instead of limiting your options to choose between one or the other, we designed a circuit board and plate that accepts both Cherry MX and Alps mechanical switches. No other keyboard manufacturer does this. For mechanical switches, we are offering all of the Cherry MX switch varieties: Blue, Clear, Brown, Black, Red, and Green. In addition, we offer Matias Quiet Pro (comparable to Brown MX switches), and Matias Click Switches (comparable to Blue MX Switches) with matching Matias (Alps) compatible keycaps.

Behold! Something for everyone! Any switches you can want! Weather it be Cherry's MX Switches or Alps Switches!

So here we are today with Massdrop's first community-designed keyboard - the Infinity. Our community centric approach is embedded into every step of the production process, from the initial design to the countless tweaks that kept us pulling all-nighters, all the way to the finish, and we wanted to be sure that the final product reflected that shared journey. Now that the Keyboard Production Framework is in place, the community can select any combination of variables and end up with exactly the keyboard they want, not merely another compromise.

That's right, make your voices heard! We can make the perfect keyboard for... Well anyone really.

Credits

Keyboard Layout Language developed by Jacob Alexander

Printed circuit board designed by Gennadiy Nerubayev

Stainless steel case plate designed by Brandon Muzzin

Layouts organized by Jacob Rus

Brought together by Massdrop (Andrew Lekashman) and the Massdrop community

Included

Dual Cherry MX / Matias silk screened printer circuit board

Cherry MX or Matias Switches included in base price, Stainless steel bent metal case plate, Option to add Black, Blank PBT keycaps in the DSA Profile from Signature Plastics for additional cost, USB cable, Stabilizer assembly compatible with Signature Plastics Spacebars

Specs

Weight with keycaps: 23 oz (652.04 g), N-Key rollover, Dual Cherry MX / Matias compatibility, Hacker (Japanese) or Standard (US) bottom row layouts available, Open source, Controller Code available here - https://github.com/kiibohd/controller

The Infinity keyboard got its name by the amount of configurability the board boasts, You may be thinking "How much can you program it? Marcos and other stupid stuff?". Nope, the keyboard allows for multiple layouts, weather it may be Spanish, to a Dvorak layout to be loaded and used, making this a good selling point for people who need the versatility. Another thing to point out would be the ability to change the SWITCHES, Lets say you first solder some blues on there. A year later they've annoyed the hell out of you and you want to get browns. No problem! Unsolder the blues and stick the browns on!

Ill keep editing, hope you guys like this :)

Dont like small "Enter" keys so its a deal breaker right away unless it can be changed.  :(

Edit: it NEED L.E.D´s!

Indeed it does! (Small enter keys eh? Is that a small one? idk.)

As for the LEDs, you should make your voice heard, this was designed and produced around community feedback. You might not be getting RGB, but you'll be getting something!

Make you own layout! As long aw you don't want an ISO layout.

I was going to get one to use with the matias alps switches but I think the case is too mimalistic.

Dont like small "Enter" keys so its a deal breaker right away unless it can be changed.  :(

Edit: it NEED L.E.D´s!

Im sorry but your ISO layout slum #kidding

But really your just used to ISO layout, which is the standard for most of europe. Most custom board are done in ANSI due to who designs them and theyre easier to find caps for.

No keyboard needs leds sir. Id be surprised if you of all people couldnt touch type.

Make you own layout! As long aw you don't want an ISO layout.

which is what @CatCloud wants ;)

I think @TheProfosist got that

Also your selling pitch doesnt work on me I can already do all that with my keyboard

0oNly33.jpg

No... I didnt have the money for it and the case just seems too lackluster. I was also getting it mainly for the matias alps compatibility.

Im sorry but your ISO layout slum #kidding

But really your just used to ISO layout, which is the standard for most of europe. Most custom board are done in ANSI due to who designs them and theyre easier to find caps for.

No keyboard needs leds sir. Id be surprised if you of all people couldnt touch type.

It´s not like i´ve never used the ANSI layout, we have those at work and ive had it on older keyboards, i just dont like it.

and i do need leds, i dont have my lights on because i dont like to have lights on. white letters on black keycaps works but are not appealing for me, and i have bad eye sight.

at works it´s a non concern. But home. ISO and Lights on my keyboard is a must.