Inno3D GTX 980?

WhiteSkyMage

Hey guys,

I just wanna ask if you think this card might actually blow EVGA's Classy away? It doesn't look really that nice, but with that factory OC and cooler, when KitGuru reviewed it, it beats everything.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/inno3d-gtx-980-ichill-herculez-x4-air-boss-ultra-review/

Has anyone of you have bad experience with Inno3D cards?

I am still waiting for the EVGA's FTW GTX 980. Looking forward to push ACU on 1440p hopefully when it gets finished and with DX12, so i really do need the highest performance possible. If this card really is what it is and can beat EVGA's cards, I am going for it!

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

what in the actual fuck this that?

first-page6.jpg

first-page6.jpg

first-page6.jpg

It wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for that fourth fan...

first-page6.jpg

It wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the fourth fan...

first-page6.jpg

first-page6.jpg

It wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for that fourth fan...

oooh I fucked up

oooh I fucked up

It wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the fourth fan...

first-page6.jpg

169c05a4712fbde7d354bedf7269dec9cda6a66f

IIRC, its a reference card with a non-reference cooler. And damn... DAT COOLER! WHAT THE HELL?! AND I THOUGHT ZOTAC'S NON-REFERENCE CARDS WERE RIDICULOUS!

Who in their right mind thought that was a good design.

Who cares if it's a good cooler? It looks dumb as all hell

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

well..to be honest guys.,.i have it in my rig at the moment, before i was buying the Gigabyte G1, and it got black screen problems, and this one not...and so far it's a beast..and if u can see the kitguru review, it beats asus strix and msi clearly..and i don't care about the look because it's in my case..

for my perspective, just go for it if u think it's cheap enough in ur place, the performance is good..and i think better than G1 too...it's not that dumb looks though,it have breathing led when u turn on the pc..and yes this is huge gpu than other series

for the temps, i got 40 degress idle, and around 55-60ish when gaming

Who in their right mind thought that was a good design.

Who cares if it's a good cooler? It looks dumb as all hell

I don't think its even a good cooler.

I don't think its even a good cooler.

it is a good cooler bro,,but looks silly though..because i have one

it is a good cooler bro,,but looks silly though..because i have one

here is a few pics of mine when i got it

60Na9Z8l.jpg

ExM4UqTl.jpg

I guess I stand corrected. But yeah, isn't the PCB reference design? I got a friend who's looking for reference design 980s that aren't sold online and those Inno3D cards are pretty much almost always in-stock locally here.

I guess I stand corrected. But yeah, isn't the PCB reference design? I got a friend who's looking for reference design 980s that aren't sold online and those Inno3D cards are pretty much almost always in-stock locally here.

here i quote from the kitguru review:

"The Inno3D GTX 980 ‘iChill Herculez X4 Air Boss Ultra’ has received a core clock enhancement to 1,266mhz, from 1,126mhz on the reference design. The GDDR5 memory has also received a ‘tweak’ from the default clock speeds of 1,753mhz (7Gbps effective) to 1,800mhz (7.2Gbps effective)."

i live in china, and that's why there are so many stock for inno3d cards in here, but maybe another reason for that because people don't like the looks, it's bigger than any other non-reference cards out there..it's heavier..but for performance it's better..

here i quote from the kitguru review:

"The Inno3D GTX 980 ‘iChill Herculez X4 Air Boss Ultra’ has received a core clock enhancement to 1,266mhz, from 1,126mhz on the reference design. The GDDR5 memory has also received a ‘tweak’ from the default clock speeds of 1,753mhz (7Gbps effective) to 1,800mhz (7.2Gbps effective)."

i live in china, and that's why there are so many stock for inno3d cards in here, but maybe another reason for that because people don't like the looks, it's bigger than any other non-reference cards out there..it's heavier..but for performance it's better..

Well, I guess my friend better run to that store now before alot of the others realize its a reference design. Thank you very much for the info :D

here is a few pics of mine when i got it

60Na9Z8l.jpg

ExM4UqTl.jpg

How are the temps on that thing?

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

Well, I guess my friend better run to that store now before alot of the others realize its a reference design. Thank you very much for the info :D

no prob bro..so far i'm satisfied with this gpu..and love it so much

How are the temps on that thing?

when idle is  around 45-48..and when gaming around 60-68..(playing far cry 4), and i got stable 70 fps in ultra, sometimes drop to 50 but it's rarely...

keep in mind i live in asia, currently i live in china..so my room temp around 25-28 degree

Can you believe that someone got a huge paycheck for that awful design? Ha ha.

Even the name itself is ridiculous, Herculez X4 Air Boss Ultra. Might as well just add Uber Duber Vortex +100MHz Edition to it.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D