Dell UltraSharp U2412M and Lenovo Y510p

paper1x
Go to solution Solved by paper1x,

Anyone?...

EDIT:

Okay, I got it working now. It turned out that I had to use a single cable (no adapter attached) like this one, http://www.databay.uk.com/images/products/hdmi_dvi_lrg.jpg

Hi! This is my first post here.

Anyway.. I'm planning to purchSe a U2412M. How would I be able to use U2412M with my lenovo y510p.

As I've researched, U2412M doesn't have HDMI port, only has DVI-D, DisplayPort and VGA. It supports 1920x1200.

My question is, which DVI-D to HDMI should I get? Single or Dual link?

Also please note that I have a hackintosh running on my Y510p so it uses the onboard HD4600 graphics and not its discrete card.

And also, I can use an external 1080p monitor via HDMI to HDMI.

Thank you!

.~'

c[__]

What about at 1920x1200? Should it be a concern?

.~'

c[__]

What about at 1920x1200? Should it be a concern?

nope, i've used hdmi with that reslution, worked fine (it's just a number :P)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

nope, i've used hdmi with that reslution, worked fine (it's just a number :P)

Not 'just a number'

haha.

Anyways, so if I use the DVI-D cable that comes with the U2412M and use a DVI-D to HDMI adapter like this one, it should work with 1920x1200, right?

.~'

c[__]

Yes. As long as you "downgrade" a video signal, from the GPU to monitor it will work.

You can't upgrade (DVI to DisplayPort, for example. But DisplayPort to DVI works)

Yes. As long as you "downgrade" a video signal, from the GPU to monitor it will work.

You can't upgrade (DVI to DisplayPort, for example. But DisplayPort to DVI works)

Uhmm okay.. So.. Again.. could the DVI-D cable that comes with the U2412M then use a DVI-D to HDMI adapter like this one work with 1920x1200? Setup will be Y510P -> HDMI (Male) to DVI-D (Female) -> DVI-D Cable -> U2412M

I just need to clarify as I don't want to purchase something that I will not be able to use right away.. Thank you!

.~'

c[__]

Not

haha.

Anyways, so if I use the DVI-D cable that comes with the U2412M and use a DVI-D to HDMI adapter like this one, it should work with 1920x1200, right?

That should be fine!

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Uhmm okay.. So.. Again.. could the DVI-D cable that comes with the U2412M then use a DVI-D to HDMI adapter like this one work with 1920x1200? Setup will be Y510P -> HDMI (Male) to DVI-D (Female) -> DVI-D Cable -> U2412M

I just need to clarify as I don't want to purchase something that I will not be able to use right away.. Thank you!

Yes :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got it running!

Y510P -> HDMI (Male) to DVI-D (Female) -> DVI-D Cable -> U2412M

Thank you for your help guys!

post-155420-0-47579000-1418570748.jpgpost-155420-0-99967400-1418572500.jpg

.~'

c[__]

Is this an issue; there is no display, just black screen, when the HDMI + DVI cable is the only cable plugged in but not USB. Any thoughts? It works nice when USB is plugged, also I get some flicker at some point.

Edit:

In other words, I get no display when I do not plug the USB of the display.. (Y510P -> HDMI (Male) to Dual Link DVI-D(Female) -> Single Link DVI-D Cable -> U2412M)

.~'

c[__]