Need a product for our needs

xboxnissan

Hi people,

In our company we would need something between a NAS, a Media Player and a screen broadcast to HDMI all-in-one for the office.

The term "Box" is the above mentioned description.

1- Able to just go to a website (Bonus points if you can access it from a permanent IP or website) and put the files in the "Box" and be able to see them via HDMI output.

2- Screen Share your laptop screen to show a PowerPoint presentation (Bonus point for PowerPoint integration that wouldn't require a laptop)

3- Media Player: Youtube, look at videos, listen to music and surf the web.

Thanks for any insight!

PS: Please excuse if the Topic (HTPC) is the wrong place.

I don't know a ready made product that has that functionality but Windows in general can do it. Setup FTP and add the FTP folder or even just networked storage to store files. Remote Desktop to control output..

i think you can just do everything you want with a normal windows pc 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

As previously stated, just hooking up a regular Windows PC with HDMI output will work just fine.

Alternatively, there are special built HDTV's that have integrated Windows based PC's inside, essentially giving you an "all-in-one" with an HDTV. My last employer was a Library, and they used them (I believe made by NEC, but I don't recall 100%), and while the integrated PC's aren't the highest spec, pretty much any spec PC with modern hardware will suit your needs.

Though really, just getting a SFF (Small Form Factor) PC would be easiest and cheapest. They'll work with any pre-existing HDTV's or Projectors you may already have.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If you have the time to fiddle with linux just build an average joe system and then chuck some sort of linux distro on it.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

• 4 weeks later...

how about team viewer and a regular pc with a hdmi output?

that would do everything

i7-4930k   3xEvga gtx 780OC DC2 3gb    32gb corsair vengeance 2133mhz    asus rampage 4 extreme black  ~2 tb of ssd space

my speedtest 1932mbit down / 497mbit up  custom water cooled