INTERSTELLAR WAS SO BIG IT ALMOST BROKE IMAX

ahhming

Ok.... NO NEED FOR CAPS.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Is there a reason theaters aren't all digital yet?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Saw it in the T-Rex theater (pseudo-IMAX here in Vermknt), I think it was digital but it was definitely the 8K version.

Film does provide a certain quality lots of people like. Just like records.

Ok.... NO NEED FOR CAPS.

sorry lol , was on mobile  :unsure: .

No it didnt "almost break imax". The film reels they use are rated for more than that, and will work perfectly fine with a 3 hour movie. If there was any chance of damage they would not have been able to make the movie that long.

600 pounds is about normal for an imax movie.

And please dont spam with caps.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Who cares. Film is the best standard.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This is Imax. There are no digital technologies available at this moment that can do a 16k projection.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Who cares. Film is the best standard.

Digital is a hell of a lot cheaper, it would save so much money for theaters. Not saying film isn't great but surprising it hasn't changed yet.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

This is Imax. There are no digital technologies available at this moment that can do a 16k projection.

Makes sense.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

I wonder what happen when it has a paper or in case film jam  :wacko:

Digital is a hell of a lot cheaper, it would save so much money for theaters. Not saying film isn't great but surprising it hasn't changed yet.

It's more tradition and quality of analog some people like. I believe it was also before where they had 4k on film via IMAX before they had implemented 2k and 4K projector in those theaters.

Interstellar was fantastic.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Aye, a true film snob would watch it on french and while rubbing sand on his eyes

-------

Current Rig

-------

I agree. I love Film.

I cant believe I watched a three hour movie without having to think that it is a three hour movie. 

boolywood dont give a fuck, 3hour+ movies occur every 5 seconds.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So much ammunition for a 'yo mamma' joke ..

i think the same thing happened with "Avatar" at some point ,

Details separate people.

Sadly, many "IMAX" cinemas around the world are still equipped with only 2K digital projectors. The screening I attended was tampered by the quite visible pixelation -- the huge screen and the low-res source is definitely breaking the immersion a bit. I could understand the insistence Nolan had, to use 70mm stock for the premiere run.

So is the film any good or is it a pile of 600 pounds shit?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

For the record, I love the movie. Great acting, sound work, and the practical effects gave it a very realistic feel.

But the ending though! ;_;

Aye as @Enderman states, IMAX Film is still actually SIGNIFICANTLY ahead of current Cinema Projection technology. Approximately 16K+ resolutions. Regular 35mm film can be more or less matched with 4K Digital, but until we get higher resolution (and higher colour depth) digital projectors, then IMAX 70mm film will still pretty much be the best cinema recording technology available.

The only reason more filmmakers don't use IMAX 70mm, is because apparently it's a TOTAL BITCH to work with. Not to mention the huge added expensive, of you know, lugging around actual film stock, compared to just offloading an SSD.

This!

Interstellar was fantastic.

Agreed. My movie of the year so far.

So is the film any good or is it a pile of 600 pounds shit?

Personally, I thought it was fucking awesome. Such a brilliant piece of work. Matthew McConaugheyhey did a fantastic job. People still often think of him as the slow drawling dumbass with nice abs, but in the last couple years, he's really shown his acting chops. I'd say this was his best performance yet.

Also, the science. THE SCIENCE! Everything about the movie is about as accurate as we can get (without it being a boring pile of shit once they get into deep space). Even the more "out there" concepts of the movie all have scientific backing or some basis in theory.

The visual effects, HOLY MOTHER OF BALLS, this movie should win best VFX for sure. They created a ton of sets and practical effects, which really sold the suspension of disbelief. They even created "miniatures" for the Ranger space shuttle, the lander drop ship, and the deep space vessel. Of course, "miniature" takes on a whole new meaning when the set pieces are over 20 feet long!

They started calling them "Maxatures" during production because of how big they were. The Endurance (Deep space vessel) had a 25-foot long model, and the Ranger and Lander had a 46-foot and 50-foot model made respectively. That's freaking HUGE!

Anyway, I personally loved the film. I think it's the modern generational equivalent of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)