US government: Phone encryption will lead to child deaths

KakaoDj

Original article on KitGuru: http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/us-government-phone-encryption-will-lead-to-child-deaths/

Oh boy, here we go

Can't wait until Logan from TekSyndicate gets news of this...

The Wall Street Journal reports that Apple and Google are currently at a standoff with the US Department of Justice over smartphone encryption. According to those who attended a meeting, a US official said: “New encryption technology that renders locked smartphones impervious to law enforcement would lead to tragedy. A child would die, because police wouldn’t be able to scour a suspect’s phone”.

So basically: "Give us all your info, or else children will be raped and puppies will die"

What the fuck? How the hell does phone encryption lead to child deaths? This is just more bullshit to try to allow the government to have access to more of our data. Seems like they don't have a clue what privacy is.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It's true, phone encryption is the leading cause of child death world-wide.

Children encrypt their phones, forget passwords, so they can't decrypt them anymore, so they go out to play instead and then get run over by cars.

oh fuck, i'm gonna die.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The proof is in the pudding. Since one has no pudding, one has no proof (if you get what I'm saying). ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT TO SPITE YOUR FACE US HERE I HAVE A PRESENT FOR YOU

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\...

you 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

The proof is in the pudding. Since one has no pudding, one has no proof (if you get what I'm saying). ;)

Now I just want pudding. 

I cant believe stuff like this can pass and become new law.

Another proof that people in power can do whatever the fuck they want and more disturbing is the fact that some people will even support this because they have no clue....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Deal.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

"The children" is one of the biggest bullshit ways laws get past. They paint it in a way that if you disagree then you must hate kids or want to do something to them. Children and "terrorism" the two leading causes of bullshit horrible laws.

Now I just want pudding.

Well, you don't have long to wait, Christmas is in 34 days. :D

I cant believe stuff like this can pass and become new law.

Another proof that people in power can do whatever the heck they want and more disturbing is the fact that some people will even support this because they have no clue....

Tis a case of the blind leading the blind (if you get what I mean). ;)

Well, you don't have long to wait, Christmas is in 34 days. :D

Don't say that, I haven't done any shopping yet.

Don't say that, I haven't done any shopping yet.

Same! :D

Just keep Digging, Just keep Digging

CK00508.jpg

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

55843270.jpg

She thought of the children and then she died, confirmed encryption will lead to death...

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Soon, US government can accuse whose who encrypts his phone and PC as "mass murderer" and "serial killer". 

If they're gonna use the "think of the children" strategy, then that's just give me a great idea. Listen up everyone :D...

Whenever someone is trying to make you do something that you don't wanna do or you're trying to do something that someone is trying to stop you from doing, just say "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!".

That should help you out a heck of a lot. :P:D

Oh man, according to the governments statement, I'll be dead soon.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.