CPU-Fan is not spinning/ spinning

Go to solution Solved by Onliner94,

Take the sticker on the fan off and lubricate inside there, I've had the same problem many times. 

Maybe it helps... anyways I contacted Scythe and they'll send me a new fan in a couple of days... but till then I might try this out!

Edit: It's been quite some time but I guess it might be important to say, that I contacted Scythe and they have send me a new fan after I emailed them the bill from my rig where my cpu cooler was included! They didn't ask for anything more than my location ofc but the new fan came pretty fast and they didn't even want to know anything else! So great support from Scythe! And the old fan was just broke... don't know what exactly happened to him!

Hello,

So as the title says my CPU fan is not actually spinning... It stopped working yesterday after some rendering.

I have tried it on various fan headers and it worked somehow. It even worked when I replugged it back to the CPU fan header and even today for 3 hours till now... It just stopped working again and the only thing it does now is making little movements but it won't spin up...

So now I'm not sure if its because of the fan itself or maybe my motherboard as it worked today till now and just stopped working again!

If it helps I post my system specs don here:

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T @3,8GHz

Zotac GTX670 AMP!

Gigabyte GA 990FXA UD3

Scythe Mugen 3 Rev. B with the stock fan which comes with the cooler!

SuperFlower 650W 80+ Gold

Drives should be irrelevant as well as the case...

Please, it would be great if somebody could help me with this!

Take the sticker on the fan off and lubricate inside there, I've had the same problem many times. 

Maybe it helps... anyways I contacted Scythe and they'll send me a new fan in a couple of days... but till then I might try this out!

Edit: It's been quite some time but I guess it might be important to say, that I contacted Scythe and they have send me a new fan after I emailed them the bill from my rig where my cpu cooler was included! They didn't ask for anything more than my location ofc but the new fan came pretty fast and they didn't even want to know anything else! So great support from Scythe! And the old fan was just broke... don't know what exactly happened to him!