CS:GO - New operation launched

sirtoby

Today, Valve launched the new CS:GO operation, called "Vanguard". It features 6 new maps as well an extendable "campaign". The pass is 5.99$ or your regional equivalent. Also, the Armsrace mode got a makeover. Read more HERE at the source.

The maps:

backalley.png

bazaar.png

facade.png

marquis.png

season.png

workout.png

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

hyped.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It's awful. I did 3 missions and now I have to wait 4 days to get another one.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That's what I call an optimized game otherwise a proper FPS game! 

Much love, Valve.

I've never actually done an Operation, how do they work?

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

It's awful. I did 3 missions and now I have to wait 4 days to get another one.

It's not much different from the last operation. Last operation you got about 2 missions a week and they were random. But this time you can choose the missions yourself.

That's what I call an optimized game otherwise a proper FPS game!

Much love, Valve.

Idk, CS:GO is pretty CPU bottlenecked, a lot of people have stutter issues with it and no other game. Just google CS:GO stuttering.

Idk, CS:GO is pretty CPU bottlenecked, a lot of people have stutter issues with it and no other game. Just google CS:GO stuttering.

I think you just need decent specs to play it without stuttering.

*Looks at the Marquis map* Seine Crossing... Is that you?

I strangely read that in the voice of Yahtzee  :D. But that was my first thought too

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

odd i have an i3 2120 and mine is fine.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Its basically just a pack of new maps and special case u can get dropped only when u buy this operation.

The missions u get (get 20 kills with specific gun, win 16 rounds in specific comp. Match etc.) Are easy but only give u shitty $0.08 weapon skins...

Each mission has a unique set of weapon skins hidden inside the case.

These operations last for few months then they are closed and nobody can play them until next paid operation comes out.

As time goes on the cost to buy the operation drops.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

just goes to show, if your game runs smooth, can do 144fps, and the core gameplay elements are bulletproof, you don't need good graphics.

in other words YES!!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

CS:GO is a pretty light game to run. I'm definitely going to get this for the Christmas season.

I think you just need decent specs to play it without stuttering.

What do you mean by "decent specs" I have a 780 Ti and an 8320 and it stutters for me, not all the time but it happens

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

No money to buy the pass :/

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

ehh what stops people from just copying the map and loading it on a server for people to download ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

ehh what stops people from just copying the map and loading it on a server for people to download ?

Nothing, they are all community made maps that have either been in previous CS games or in pug clients like CEVO, or both. All this means is that the maps are in the Volvo matchmaking system now.

you get(or pick) missions to complete, completing a mission results in a weapon skin as reward(random) mainwhile you are also able to obtain the weapon box when doing these missions, wich contains a random skin of said series, if you have 10 of the same of a serie, let's say 10 DE something something skin then you are able to trade these for the weapon below that in the list, up to the final(bottom) item, wich is the most rare and has the highest price most of the time, you can sell these skins for money in the market place(going form $0,08 for a weapon up to $300+ for a knife)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Actually, I have a core 2 quad 9300 and the game works just fine without stuttering and low fps besides going though smokes and flashes and molotoves, but thats probably because of my GT 430.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

What do you mean by "decent specs" I have a 780 Ti and an 8320 and it stutters for me, not all the time but it happens

Decent specs would prevent you from stuttering all the time... All the time...

Thats just silly combination: medium end cpu with superb gpu. Why did u go cheap ass on cpu ? Or maybe: why did onlu upgrade gpu to 780ti and not cpu+mobo as well ?

I have i7+Gtx760 and i have no stuttering.

@sirtoby wrong section dude, cs:go operations are not tech related.. There are forum sections for gaming :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Really love the maps, some are back from 1.6, the only thing that is a bit strange, they are all very big, and feel more like battlefield maps, but that's ok, i still love it, 3 more wins and distinguished master guardian for me xD.

I must say the last mission had better looking weapons imho!

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)