Gigabyte Presents GeForce GTX 980 WaterForce Tri-SLI Kit - Water Cooling + 3x 980 GPU Kit Like You Have Never Seen Before

GoodBytes

anyoner else reckon this looks like its for a Haf Stacker?

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Kinda cool, I saw the prototype with the 780ti's I think

What is the asking price though??

Project Devils Delight

Mobo:ASUS B85 PRO Gamer  CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k   RAM: 8GB Kingston HYPERX Beast 1600Mhz    GPU PowerColor Devils 13 Dual Core 290X

Case: Corsair Air 540 strips Storage: Samsung 256GB SSD and a 1TB WD Black (2013 Model)                                                                                                       

What is the asking price though??

$5,000 :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Thats kinda crazy, also wouldn't a 360mm rad have been more efficient?

Not sure if sexy or just plain stupid.

If someone has the money to buy 3 980's and plans on watercooling them, I really hope they don't do this.. Custom loops are so much better looking + performing :/

It's cool to see manufactures trying to make things better who seriously this looks stupid. I would rather have a nice custom loop then whatever the hell this thing is.

This is mad, but it also hurts me in the OCD. That front facia sticking out like that with the wires..it looks so messy.

Also that plastic..if you're gonna overspend on extreme kit anyway, that better be magnesium, carbon fibre or aluminum. Plastic is so gaudy in this price range.

This was teased awhile back and honestly looks pretty ugly and bulky. Even if I had the money I wouldn't buy this.

Only cool thing is 'waterforce' vs their wind force air coolers. Would be neat to see a gigabyte 980 that comes standard with a custom water block but this is just... no.

It seems like the general consensus so far is that this design of Gigabyte's is a bad idea? I have to admit, it is quite ugly. I think an AIO would look way more aesthetically pleasing than this. It looks ridiculous. I'll be surprised if Gigabyte sell any, if any, of these. :huh: -_-

I think you need to go back to the drawing board Gigabyte and start again because this looks like a bad design idea implemented by mistake. ;) :huh: :o-_-

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Cool concept, but honestly if Im going to dish out that much money, I will want very sexy water blocks and rads of my choice, not some bulky cannon tank I have to stick on the top of my case.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I hope they realise that the pipes and wires going into the case through the first optical drive bay are going to block the front I/O on many cases. The Fractal Design Arc Midi R2, for example, has the power button at the top-centre of the front panel which will be covered by pipes and cables.

It's certainly an interesting concept, although I can guarantee I wouldn't go spending my hard earned cash on it, I'd rather just build my own loop with one or two 980s in it than buy this, it's gaudy and won't fit in with the design of many cases, and would be totally unusable in mine due to the lack of 5.25" bays, let alone blocking the front panel I/O.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

It's certainly an interesting concept, although I can guarantee I wouldn't go spending my hard earned cash on it, I'd rather just build my own loop with one or two 980s in it than buy this, it's gaudy and won't fit in with the design of many cases, and would be totally unusable in mine due to the lack of 5.25" bays, let alone blocking the front panel I/O.

Me, for example.

phantom-410-black-orange.jpg

Me, for example.

Same here, I had to remove the top part of my phantom to get my H110 in a push pull config. 

anyoner else reckon this looks like its for a Haf Stacker?

Prob the reason this exists... They saw the stacker and were like.. holy shit, we could stack our coolers too, and feed water to our GPU's via an external stacker cooling system.

Responce

"That'd be Baller"

Cost = Arm and a leg?

And yeah, front panel looks like POO now.

I like it flush/clean.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

looks cool, but i hate it how it would cover the front IO, external tubes look bad, cause i like a clean look, and also it covers up the top.

I would much rather a solution that took up multiple 5.25 inch bays that only cooled 1 or 2 cards. i dont want to be forced to have 3 way sli

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

I mean its nice that manufacturers are actually trying new things, but jeez that thing is so bulky. And the pipes/cables out the front combined with the huge support bar inside makes it look so cluttered.

The inside already looks full and the GPUs don't even have power cables in those pics.

A 1 GPU version might be nice, but the sort of people who want 3x980s and Water cooling will probably just do it themselves.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Holy mother of Gigabyte O_O

I wonder how many units they will produce and actually sell...

CPU: Intel i7-3770k (@4.4Ghz) Mobo: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence SSD:120GB Samsung EVO & 128GB Crucial M4 (Fast Storage) Storage: Hitach 3TB HDD GPU: Powercolor R9 290 PCS+ CPU Block: EK Supremacy Gold Clean CSQ Radiatiors: Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper XT45 120mm, ST30 280mm & XT45 280mm w/ 140mm Phanteks PWM PSU: Corsair HX-650w Gold Soundcard: Asus Xense Case: Corsair Carbide A540 (Black & Gold) Front Panel: NZXT Hue & BitFenix Hydra Pro Speakers: Swan M200MKIII HeadsetSennheiser PC350 (Xense Edition)

If only they sold the kits at 1 kit+1 card packages I would totally get one. (I am not prepared to do custom loops just yet.)

I am all in for closed liquid cooled GPUs like the 100i for CPUs.

Want.

As a gigabyte fanboy I was excited... Then I saw it. What an ugly piece of sh*t

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I'm sorry but all I see in this picture is a barbecue heated by 980s.
31a.jpg

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I WANT THAT SLI BRIDGE

Cool product btw.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Soooo.... no backplates?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

It's awesome!! Not being sarcastic.

I'd buy it if the price is reasonable

That's so crazy looking. I guess the title wasn't lying when it said it wasn't like anything I've seen. It will  be interesting to see how this works for them. I'm happy to see someone trying something new though.