Dell's UP2715K 5K monitor costs $2.5K

kameshss

Dell has unveiled its monitor this morning officially.

It sports 5K 5120x2880 resolution with massive 218 pixels per inch with IPS panel, it is as same as iMac with 5K display.

It needs 2 Display Ports for a full 5K resolution for running at 60Hz, also has 1 mini display port and 5 USB 3.0 and a Media Card reader.

It also has a Harman Kardon speakers which is expected to be a good inbuilt speaker!

And it has a nice design and clean look.

I like this already!!!!!!!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Dell showed off the new monitor using the Nvidia Quadro K5000 GPU, the video shown was actually a 5K resolution H.265 video.

Source: Dell Website, Overclock.net.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

That looks gorgeous

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

This will go great with my gold apple watch.. 

Details separate people.

2.5k isn't that bad when you consider that Asus' high end 4k monitor is 2.5k.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

For only a little bit more you could get a 5K display AND a whole PC sorta, although with the 5K iMac you can't use the screen for another thing I don't think

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

i'd buy it for the sloth

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Is this proof apple isnt over priced? lol

Yeah! lolz!! Anyway you get a 5k monitor dude! 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

This will go great with my gold apple watch.. B)

For $4,000 - $5,000 I kid you not. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

For only a little bit more you could get a 5K display AND a whole PC sorta, although with the 5K iMac you can't use the screen for another thing I don't think

not even lol 

post-1006-0-10828000-1415261434.png

Its actually pretty sweet value lol

not even lol 

attachicon.gifimac.PNG

You had to potentially turn this thread into a flame war, didn't ya... :rolleyes:

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

not even lol

attachicon.gifimac.PNG

That iMac is $3,000 AUD here :(. So I'm guessing the 5K Dell will be around the same, if not more.

EDIT: After currency conversion, it works out that we're only pay-

-ing about AU$97 more for that 5K iMac. So not too bad after all. :)

Edited by Geekazoid

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You had to potentially turn this thread into a flame war, didn't ya... :rolleyes:

How?

5k content is still not available but still selling them like hot cakes .. :/ i still dont understand the math, Only photographers & true movie editors need this right?

Details separate people.

By the way, People who say iMac with 5K display can't handle as a monitor only. I hope you all know that. 

Last year Dell announced UP3214Q a 32" with 4K display which cost $3.5k at start (now $2.5k). I don't see any point here with Dell's 5K display for $2.5K.

Anyway you get 27" pixel monster awesome 5K display. 

5k content is still not available but still selling them like hot cakes .. :/ i still dont understand the math, Only photographers & true movie editors need this right?

Content creator will like this display very much!  :)

Yes the extra pixels make it easier to edit and preview it but content isnt everything i have a 1080p monitor i dont think ive ever seen a 1080p movie or show :S

Dell has unveiled its monitor this morning officially.

It sports 5K 5120x2880 resolution with massive 218 pixels per inch with IPS panel, it is as same as iMac with 5K display.

It needs 2 Display Ports for a full 5K resolution for running at 60Hz, also has 1 mini display port and 5 USB 3.0 and a Media Card reader.

It also has a Harman Kardon speakers which is expected to be a good inbuilt speaker!

And it has a nice design and clean look.

I like this already!!!!!!!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Dell showed off the new monitor using the Nvidia Quadro K5000 GPU, the video shown was actually a 5K resolution H.265 video.

Source: Dell Website, Overclock.net.

Actually I believe Dell already announced the price when they revealed the monitor...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/209739-5k-monitor/?p=2849036

Dell also previewed the groundbreaking Dell UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K Monitor, the world’s first display with Ultra HD 5K resolution (5120 x 2880). Ultra HD 5K is equivalent to four times the resolution of QHD and seven times the resolution of Full HD; offering a revolutionary screen performance for professionals requiring the highest resolution available. Dell PremierColor and the anti-smudge / anti-reflective edge-to-edge glass design provide true-to-life color accuracy and pristine picture quality for color-critical work. It also delivers immersive acoustics with two 16W integrated Harmon Kardon speakers. To optimize productivity, this highly innovative monitor offers six USB ports and one media card reader to seamlessly connect with a wide range of other peripherals.

Pricing and Availability

The OptiPlex Micro starts at USD $499 and is available worldwide.

The Dell 55 Monitor is USD $1,049 and is available in the US and Canada.

Chromebox for meetings is USD $999 including one year software support and service and is available in the US.

The Latitude 5000 Series starts at USD $769 and will be available September 25 in the US, Europe and Asia.

Chromebox starts at USD $179 and will be available September 26.

The Latitude 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 starts at USD $1,199 and will be available mid-October worldwide.

The Latitude 3000 Series starts at USD $640 and is available in Asia.

The Dell UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K Monitor is USD $2,499.99 and will be available in the fourth quarter of this year.

Is this count as repost?

In that case you might as well get an iMac, you even get a built in computer with it..lol

Not too bad one either, i7-4770 + R9-M290X isn't too shabby tbh

Is this proof apple isnt over priced? lol

If I'm correct, the iMac doesn't have a 10 bit panel.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Actually I believe Dell already announced the price when they revealed the monitor...

Is this count as repost?

Actually i searched for the related thread for this one. I didn't get the results. So that i thought i could start one!

Is this count as repost?

Also this post is not a repost. to say that this is official and UP in Dell's website now!

Also this post is not a repost. to say that this is official and UP in Dell's website now!

ic.... I didn't notice it. Thx for yr post~~~

You can use it with any thunderbolt equipped computer via target display mode

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You can use it with any thunderbolt equipped computer via target display mode

That is pretty cool, so I could use my parents 27 inch 1440p iMac as a monitor?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza