DIY Mobo I/O Cover?

louddifference
Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,

I doubt you will be able to find/make one, unless you had a 3d printer and knew how to use the modeling software :P

im planning a new build and i would love to add a cover for the rear I/O on my motherboard, something like this: 

IO-panel-cover.jpg

anyone know where i could get one or how i could make one?

any help would be awesome!

update: i used paper and have the proper dimensions and have it on right now. ill be taking it out and copying it to put on my metal sheet.

I doubt you will be able to find/make one, unless you had a 3d printer and knew how to use the modeling software :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You can probably shape one out of metal or 3D print it

You could absolutely make one if you are creative enough.

Metal would probably be unwise but any kind of plastic. If you take care, smooth it out and paint it, it could look great.

I encourage you to give it a go! I would love to see it.

You could absolutely make one if you are creative enough.

Metal would probably be unwise but any kind of plastic. If you take care, smooth it out and paint it, it could look great.

I encourage you to give it a go! I would love to see it.

i would but i cant pull my mobo out to test fit and get good measurements. im surprised someone doesnt make one since it would fit on all boards perfectly if done right which would be easy to do.

it comes with 2 slightly longer than normal screws for the mobo.

have it have 2 peices coming off at a 90 on the holes for the mobo screws. then it has bent sides to the back of the case. it would be pretty easy to build so i may do it once i get my new mobo and i can take this one out.

if i do ill make sure to put the design up here for people to do and show it off a bit.

i would but i cant pull my mobo out to test fit and get good measurements. im surprised someone doesnt make one since it would fit on all boards perfectly if done right which would be easy to do.

it comes with 2 slightly longer than normal screws for the mobo.

have it have 2 peices coming off at a 90 on the holes for the mobo screws. then it has bent sides to the back of the case. it would be pretty easy to build so i may do it once i get my new mobo and i can take this one out.

if i do ill make sure to put the design up here for people to do and show it off a bit.

I've actually toyed with the idea a bit with just an acrylic cover. The thing with acrylic is it needs to be laser cut (or lots of hand polishing on the cuts)

I've actually toyed with the idea a bit with just an acrylic cover. The thing with acrylic is it needs to be laser cut (or lots of hand polishing on the cuts)

i think ill do it with a thin metal sheet i have laying around that i was thinking of using for a psu shroud

Just be careful of any short circuits you cause around the motherboard.

ill work on it alone and i wont let it touch the pcb. would hate to kill a board for it

hey man i was just about to make a post on how i made one for my build will make it now :) give me about 1 hour and it will be up 

Needs Update